Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for used fuel efficient car, Sedan only. 30-50k

views

mushigen
post May 18 2017, 07:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ May 18 2017, 06:45 PM)
1. 7.5km/l is real life figure as i own the car. when i check fuelly, the lowest ever recorded was 16km/l for prius c. that's still over 8km/l difference. satisfied enough?
Did fuelly mention the highest fuel consumption for your wife's present car? You may want to check it, and then compare how much it differs from your so-called real life figure of 7.5km/L. This gives you some idea on whether you can get 16km/L for the Prius C. Understand enough?

2. yes prius c was in consideration. the saving was a blunt calculation assuming fuel prices remain the same throughout the years. the more expensive, the more the favor tilt over to prius c
You mentioned you never complained about expensive fuel (refer to orange statement below). So what has fuel price to do with your choice of replacement car? After all, the fuel consumption volume wise is the same regardless of fuel price, no?

3. 25k with 5 years loan (with 20k dp) comes up to about rm500 monthly and i get to own another car (yea, i know liability bla bla bla)
So if it is not about saving money from the fuel, let's ditch this servicing/owning cost. You could own the latest BMW electric car or Tesla as you are more interested in using fuel (as in petrol) efficiently, right?

4. servicing was like 3~4 times per year. no problem
Refer to point no. 3

5. this was in response to the forumer who replied 800miles per week and 200km was just pigi balik kerja without considering other uses.
So you pluck 100,000km from where? Why not make it 500,000km to make the savings bigger?

based on your logic, people who owned sport car or big displacement car shouldn't get other vehicle for transport regardless of how fuel sucking their car was because when you factor in car prices maintenance bla bla bla it will never add up.
You are barking up the wrong tree. Those people you mentioned, did they complain to you about high fuel consumption?

What u fail to realise is that you get to own a second vehicle which is a property, it will spell convenience, as a backup vehicle, and most importantly, cheaper to run monthly
Is this the purpose of you opening this thread? All I read is fuel consumption, savings. Did you write about backup or convenience?

i get paid monthly, so installment for a second car is easier than paying something that you burn recklessly.
assuming im running 800km per month just to pigi balik office, with elantra im burning 106L of fuel.
with prius c, assuming at 16km/l, im burning 50L of fuel only. 50L x 2.1 = RM105 saved per month. dont forget fuel price fluctuates and it wont be cheap forever.
So, you buy another depreciating liability so that you can save on fuel. It's like you go and rent another small flat to stay because the electricity bill for your bungalow is very high, and you think staying in a flat will use less electricity, saving you money.

remember, i never complaint about expensive fuel, from the first post of the thread, i did mention that im looking for means to use fuel efficiently.
omg please read la dude. i did mention that 12.6km/l was pulled from fuelly.com and my real life fuel consumption is 7.5km/l doh.gif
nah, i dont really buy the "hybrid change battery nightmare" thing, at least not in near future.
Of course, our cars don't spoil. Only other people's hybrid cars require battery change.

if everything was calculated in long term, i guess owning a car was stupid in the first place since i can rent or grab/uber/taxi and it still cost much lesser than owning a car.
same like how people was arguing it is best to rent rather than buy a house property.
This is classic. You opened a thread about saving money, calculating how much you would have saved over FIVE YEARS by buying a Prius C, and now you are saying this calculation is not important.

Ok lah, I surrender.  Minta ampun, Tuan. It is your money and your car. Why ask people if you refuse to acknowledge different opinions?

TSimperialrealcs
post May 18 2017, 09:15 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ May 18 2017, 07:03 PM)
Then just buy watever u like lo.. U say any comments are welcome but doesnt seems like it.
QUOTE(mushigen @ May 18 2017, 07:33 PM)
plus 100.
Say wanna reduce FC, save on fuel by buying another car. Then say money not an issue, only care about using fuel efficiently.
Then compare himself wiith those owning high performance car, padahal this group of owners don't give a rat's ass to fuel consumption.

Wanna save fuel, import Tesla lo.
QUOTE(mushigen @ May 18 2017, 07:52 PM)

i think u guys missed the idea.
in the first place i never ask for ways nor recommendation to save money.
i'm just asking for other alternatives besides attrage which i had my eyes on.
it is you guys who help me calculate the ownership vs cost which i already did way before i decided to get an alternative.

i hope we can stick to the topic but it seems that u guys made me to be villian and rude but i never had such intention.
it is not that your intention was dismissed nonchalantly but i already did that that's why if you understand the gist of the first post question, i just need alternative car model other than attrage and nothing else.

thanks all for your kind attention
TSimperialrealcs
post May 18 2017, 09:39 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ May 18 2017, 07:52 PM)
1. 7.5km/l is real life figure as i own the car. when i check fuelly, the lowest ever recorded was 16km/l for prius c. that's still over 8km/l difference. satisfied enough?
Did fuelly mention the highest fuel consumption for your wife's present car? You may want to check it, and then compare how much it differs from your so-called real life figure of 7.5km/L. This gives you some idea on whether you can get 16km/L for the Prius C. Understand enough?
yes they did, the highest fc is 9km/l but this is the figure that i get for going to work and off during off peak hour. for prius which can idle with electricity alone, i believe 16km/l achieveable but i would never know unless i own it.

2. yes prius c was in consideration. the saving was a blunt calculation assuming fuel prices remain the same throughout the years. the more expensive, the more the favor tilt over to prius c
You mentioned you never complained about expensive fuel (refer to orange statement below). So what has fuel price to do with your choice of replacement car? After all, the fuel consumption volume wise is the same regardless of fuel price, no?
i NEVER complained about expensive fuel. the calculation was to show you how i would save in 100k milage but i NEVER complained about expensive fuel. lets just say the savings is a bonus

3. 25k with 5 years loan (with 20k dp) comes up to about rm500 monthly and i get to own another car (yea, i know liability bla bla bla)
So if it is not about saving money from the fuel, let's ditch this servicing/owning cost. You could own the latest BMW electric car or Tesla as you are more interested in using fuel (as in petrol) efficiently, right?
heavy car would never be as efficient as small car. in my household i have accord 2009, elantra 2013, and serena 2014 and avanza 2011. she is driving my avanza which is lightest and low cc now and it return about 8km/l.

4. servicing was like 3~4 times per year. no problem
Refer to point no. 3
still not an issue

5. this was in response to the forumer who replied 800miles per week and 200km was just pigi balik kerja without considering other uses.
So you pluck 100,000km from where? Why not make it 500,000km to make the savings bigger?

based on your logic, people who owned sport car or big displacement car shouldn't get other vehicle for transport regardless of how fuel sucking their car was because when you factor in car prices maintenance bla bla bla it will never add up.
You are barking up the wrong tree. Those people you mentioned, did they complain to you about high fuel consumption?
nah, just walk around upclass area and u will notice most household would have biggie cc car and suddenly a myvi or axia or even bezza.
maybe easier to navigate.

What u fail to realise is that you get to own a second vehicle which is a property, it will spell convenience, as a backup vehicle, and most importantly, cheaper to run monthly
Is this the purpose of you opening this thread? All I read is fuel consumption, savings. Did you write about backup or convenience?
purpose of this thread is to know if there are other car other than attrage that i should put into consideration. thanks for your concern anyway

i get paid monthly, so installment for a second car is easier than paying something that you burn recklessly.
assuming im running 800km per month just to pigi balik office, with elantra im burning 106L of fuel.
with prius c, assuming at 16km/l, im burning 50L of fuel only. 50L x 2.1 = RM105 saved per month. dont forget fuel price fluctuates and it wont be cheap forever.
So, you buy another depreciating liability so that you can save on fuel. It's like you go and rent another small flat to stay because the electricity bill for your bungalow is very high, and you think staying in a flat will use less electricity, saving you money.
i can choose to drive car with better fuel consumption to work and not burn fuel unnecessary. in the process, i gain another car for convenience as well

remember, i never complaint about expensive fuel, from the first post of the thread, i did mention that im looking for means to use fuel efficiently.
omg please read la dude. i did mention that 12.6km/l was pulled from fuelly.com and my real life fuel consumption is 7.5km/l doh.gif
nah, i dont really buy the "hybrid change battery nightmare" thing, at least not in near future.
Of course, our cars don't spoil. Only other people's hybrid cars require battery change.

if everything was calculated in long term, i guess owning a car was stupid in the first place since i can rent or grab/uber/taxi and it still cost much lesser than owning a car.
same like how people was arguing it is best to rent rather than buy a house property.
This is classic. You opened a thread about saving money, calculating how much you would have saved over FIVE YEARS by buying a Prius C, and now you are saying this calculation is not important.
nope i did not. ask about how to save money. i was merely asking for car recommendation. get that right.
100k or 5 years was used because it is what the manufacturer normally use to dictate warranty.

Ok lah, I surrender.  Minta ampun, Tuan. It is your money and your car. Why ask people if you refuse to acknowledge different opinions?
because the answer im expecting and what you guys replied was irrelevant. understand?
secondrate
post May 22 2017, 02:37 PM

Wolf
1,483 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ May 16 2017, 06:41 PM)
Hi,
I'm looking for a fuel efficient car as my wife pigi balik to work could only clock 7.5km/l on her elantra md 1.8 while i can easily get 9km/l on less jam route.

criteria is sedan, 30-50k (will get 50% loan), and not older than 2013 year of manufactured.

Currently eyeing on Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2L Mivec 2014 which is selling +-37k and was wondering if there are other viable options. no proton/perodua please laugh.gif

Any comments are appreciated, Thanks! biggrin.gif
Try getting a City TMO, the model from 2009-2013. The facelifted version in 2012-2013 has VSC so I would get that if it is within budget. I have one running 0W-20 oil and I get 12-13km/L in traffic and 16-18km/L on the highway. Drive smoothly and defensively and you will get good FC. It is a city car but it handles itself decently with Toyo NE03 eco tyres. I'm almost always the fastest around the NKVE entry/exits, make of that what you will tongue.gif tongue.gif

On the Prius C, I used to rent one overseas and the highest I got was 3L/100km which is about 30km/L driving on the highway. Great FC but the interior plastics are terrible and it is not fun or nice to drive.

Hmm I remember seeing your Elantra when I bought shock absorbers from my Wira from you. I got rid of the car last year but the absorbers were good value.

This post has been edited by secondrate: May 22 2017, 02:39 PM
TSimperialrealcs
post May 22 2017, 06:33 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(secondrate @ May 22 2017, 02:37 PM)
Try getting a City TMO, the model from 2009-2013. The facelifted version in 2012-2013 has VSC so I would get that if it is within budget. I have one running 0W-20 oil and I get 12-13km/L in traffic and 16-18km/L on the highway. Drive smoothly and defensively and you will get good FC. It is a city car but it handles itself decently with Toyo NE03 eco tyres. I'm almost always the fastest around the NKVE entry/exits, make of that what you will  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

On the Prius C, I used to rent one overseas and the highest I got was 3L/100km which is about 30km/L driving on the highway. Great FC but the interior plastics are terrible and it is not fun or nice to drive.

Hmm I remember seeing your Elantra when I bought shock absorbers from my Wira from you. I got rid of the car last year but the absorbers were good value.
hi, thanks for the suggestion but my sister were driving a TMO already and the fc is around 10-12km/l only considering she pigi balik college mostly no jam lol.
amdxp
post May 23 2017, 04:41 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ May 22 2017, 06:33 PM)
hi, thanks for the suggestion but my sister were driving a TMO already and the fc is around 10-12km/l only considering she pigi balik college mostly no jam lol.
Attrage 1.2 is actually the right choice if you want to save fuel and possibly maintenance cost over the course of say 5 years. Being a Mit I don't there is much to worry about issue or part availability.

Personally, I would suggest you consider a new Jazz which I see Mudah go as low as below RM60k for the cheapest version. It's over your budget however if you can stretch the loan repayment a little bit you should consider it. Jazz (non-hybrid) has amazing resale value, use it for 5 years and you sell it thereafter I think in totality you will spend less money compare to buying a used Attrage 1.2 and will suffer poor resale value after you use for 5 years from today.
TSimperialrealcs
post May 23 2017, 06:42 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(amdxp @ May 23 2017, 04:41 PM)
Attrage 1.2 is actually the right choice if you want to save fuel and possibly maintenance cost over the course of say 5 years.  Being a Mit I don't there is much to worry about issue or part availability.

Personally, I would suggest you consider a new Jazz which I see Mudah go as low as below RM60k for the cheapest version.  It's over your budget however if you can stretch the loan repayment a little bit you should consider it.  Jazz (non-hybrid) has amazing resale value, use it for 5 years and you sell it thereafter I think in totality you will spend less money compare to buying a used Attrage 1.2 and will suffer poor resale value after you use for 5 years from today.
an attrage cost around 36k for used. new jazz would be too much for a "second car" haha

This post has been edited by imperialrealcs: May 23 2017, 06:52 PM
jacobngen87
post May 23 2017, 07:12 PM

2 posts

Your heart already tells you to get the Attrage

stimix
post May 23 2017, 07:27 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ May 18 2017, 07:41 AM)
Attrage is pretty plasticky and dull inside...

The 1.2L is ok for its weight, but since it's so lightweight (I think it weighs lighter than Axia or Bezza) that it's unstable cruising on the highway

But it's a EEV car and don't think it'll have issues getting similar FC as Axia / Bezza in the 18-20km per litre
Axia/bezza impossibke of getting 18-20km/ltr lah. However possible closer to 18km/ltr on 100% hoghway. On heavily jammed road for eg peak hr puchong -sunway, avg fc of axia is ~13.5km/ltr.

Hybrid car -yes. A camry 2.5k cc hybrid can get on avg 15km/ltr on urban (janmed) and ~17km/ltr highway. Prius should be able to achieve 17km/lrf jammed urban & 21km/ltr on highway
stimix
post May 23 2017, 07:30 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Hi,
I'm looking for a fuel efficient car as my wife pigi balik to work could only clock 7.5km/l on her elantra md 1.8 while i can easily get 9km/l on less jam route.

criteria is sedan, 30-50k (will get 50% loan), and not older than 2013 year of manufactured.

Currently eyeing on Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2L Mivec 2014 which is selling +-37k and was wondering if there are other viable options. no proton/perodua please laugh.gif

If u go on long distance daily, u be able to save within 2-3 yrs of owning the hybrid. The saving within the 2-3yrs can be converted to change the battery afyer the 8 yts warranty of hybrid battery expired
Harold2009
post May 23 2017, 07:37 PM

On my way
526 posts

Hi,

- Get Axia or Bezza is the most fuel efficient gasoline car available in Malaysia, easily achieve 15-20 km/L petrol, the cheapest way to get a new car.
- Modern diesel turbocharge car, van, trucks, SUV, MPV easily to get 12-17 km/L Euro 5 diesel, Price from RM100K onward for brand new vehicle.
- Hybrid vehicle most fuel efficient, but most expensive to get one.
Mostly gasoline vehicle is fuel guzzler by the fact, usually can't achieve 13km/ L gasoline, except brand new Axia or Bezza. whistling.gif

TSimperialrealcs
post May 23 2017, 08:02 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ May 23 2017, 07:12 PM)
Your heart already tells you to get the Attrage
i know but need second opinion just in case

QUOTE(Harold2009 @ May 23 2017, 07:37 PM)
- Get Axia or Bezza is the most  fuel efficient gasoline car available in Malaysia, easily achieve 15-20 km/L petrol, the cheapest way to get a new car.
- Modern diesel turbocharge car, van, trucks, SUV, MPV easily to get 12-17 km/L Euro 5 diesel, Price from RM100K onward for brand new vehicle.
- Hybrid vehicle most fuel efficient, but most expensive to get one.
Mostly gasoline vehicle is fuel guzzler by the fact, usually can't achieve 13km/ L gasoline, except brand new Axia or Bezza.  whistling.gif
sorry no offence but i already look past local car sweat.gif
and i think attrage would be more fuel efficient due to lightweight and 1.2L 3cyl mivec engine.
riezzien
post May 24 2017, 05:55 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

after getting thw car, what u need to do actually is train her how to be a Lightfooted driver. women tend to drive inefficiently without they even realisiing it.
gor example, when driving in highway with my exora, i never failed to get at least 550+km before filling in. but wife always linger around 460+km before filling in.
jacobngen87
post May 24 2017, 07:37 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ May 23 2017, 08:02 PM)
i know but need second opinion just in case
sorry no offence but i already look past local car sweat.gif
and i think attrage would be more fuel efficient due to lightweight and 1.2L 3cyl mivec engine.
Again your heart still tells you to get the Attrage

If I were you I'll go for a used Fiesta

It's much more fun and stable to drive and FC is good.

Highway cruising is fantastic and nvh is very good as well.

Being a heavier car (1100kg?) vs Attrage (900kg) you have more stability and safety. If I'm not mistaken the earlier Fiesta Sedan comes with 7 airbags.

Attrage is good also (one of the best selling mini compact in Thailand) but it could be quite underpower 1.2L vs 1.5L of Fiesta.

I value more on drivability, power, stability and safety hence I'll choose Fiesta over Attrage.

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: May 24 2017, 07:41 AM
Dwango
post May 24 2017, 07:56 AM

Casual
491 posts

If fuel economy is top priority, then the Mitsubishi Attrage or any smaller cars below 1.2 cc from the likes of Hyundai will fit. But performance-wise in terms of power, ride and handling you can't expect much. But for short city drives and going to the wet market or pasar malam then it should be fine.

You might want to consider the suggestion by the poster above. No doubt the Ford Fiesta may be as fuel efficient as the Attrage but it still has relatively low fuel consumption being a small cc car. Most importantly it's an all-rounder with much solid build and better power and drivability. If you ask me the Attrage is even a worse buy then Perodua and Proton. Just because it's an "imported" brand doesn't mean it's good. Just look at how many Attrage are there on the roads here compared to Peroduas and Myvis. There must be a reason to the low sales of the car but if you eyes are set on it then there is nothing much to discuss already.

One caution is if you are set on the Attrage, try to check on the price of spare parts. Since you are buying used, chances of replacing the parts will be sooner than expected, and since the car is so rare on the roads the parts may come at a price. In the end the cost of ownership may not be that low as the savings from the fuel may be offset by the higher cost of maintenance/spare parts.
Dwango
post May 24 2017, 07:58 AM

Casual
491 posts

In the 2nd paragraph, it shall be written as : the Ford Fiesta may *not be as fuel efficient
k!nex
post May 24 2017, 08:03 AM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ May 18 2017, 07:41 AM)
Attrage is pretty plasticky and dull inside...

The 1.2L is ok for its weight, but since it's so lightweight (I think it weighs lighter than Axia or Bezza) that it's unstable cruising on the highway

But it's a EEV car and don't think it'll have issues getting similar FC as Axia / Bezza in the 18-20km per litre
Atrage should not weigh below Axia. But at least the cvt gearbox is better than Perodua 4 speeder. This car is not too bad actually. For city driving, i hv no issues, parking is easy, not much blindspots. Axia auto i can get 16km/l in city driving, but i hate the 3 cylinder engine vibration.

By the way, dont look at wat EEV thingie. Its bullshit to me. If you look at Toyota Fortuner, that big thirsty SUV also got EEV status this year. But do you believe that thing can get good FC. Thts mission impossible with a 2.7L petrol engine.
TSimperialrealcs
post May 24 2017, 10:14 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ May 24 2017, 05:55 AM)
after getting thw car, what u need to do actually is train her how to be a Lightfooted driver. women tend to drive inefficiently without they even realisiing it.
gor example, when driving in highway with my exora, i never failed to get at least 550+km before filling in. but wife always linger around 460+km before filling in.
yea you are right. she follow the front car closely during jam which mean she rev unnescessarily but she dislike queue cutter so that is that haha.
the primary reason why i see attrage is much less on the road was due to the poor price tag. seriously 70k+ for car that size is crazy.
However im eyeing on used attrage which is around 35k+ which should be acceptable.

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ May 24 2017, 07:37 AM)
Again your heart still tells you to get the Attrage

If I were you I'll go for a used Fiesta

It's much more fun and stable to drive and FC is good.

Highway cruising is fantastic and nvh is very good as well.

Being a heavier car (1100kg?) vs Attrage (900kg) you have more stability and safety. If I'm not mistaken the earlier Fiesta Sedan comes with 7 airbags.

Attrage is good also (one of the best selling mini compact in Thailand) but it could be quite underpower 1.2L vs 1.5L of Fiesta.

I value more on drivability, power, stability and safety hence I'll choose Fiesta over Attrage.
yes, i mention many times my primary choice is attrage and im trying to find if there are others that i might missed.
im totally against ford. nearby friend and relative had bad exeprience with ford lol. seriously, just google fiesta malaysia issue and u will be thrilled.

QUOTE(Dwango @ May 24 2017, 07:56 AM)
If fuel economy is top priority, then the Mitsubishi Attrage or any smaller cars below 1.2 cc from the likes of Hyundai will fit. But performance-wise in terms of power, ride and handling you can't expect much. But for short city drives and going to the wet market or pasar malam then it should be fine.

You might want to consider the suggestion by the poster above. No doubt the Ford Fiesta may be as fuel efficient as the Attrage but it still has relatively low fuel consumption being a small cc car. Most importantly it's an all-rounder with much solid build and better power and drivability. If you ask me the Attrage is even a worse buy then Perodua and Proton. Just because it's an "imported" brand doesn't mean it's good. Just look at how many Attrage are there on the roads here compared to Peroduas and Myvis. There must be a reason to the low sales of the car but if you eyes are set on it then there is nothing much to discuss already.

One caution is if you are set on the Attrage, try to check on the price of spare parts. Since you are buying used, chances of replacing the parts will be sooner than expected, and since the car is so rare on the roads the parts may come at a price. In the end the cost of ownership may not be that low as the savings from the fuel may be offset by the higher cost of maintenance/spare parts.
the elantra probably the last hyundai for us. was eyeing on trade in for civic fc turbo but it probably as fuel inefficient in traffic as the hyundai so we hold off first hopefully the new facelift civic fc will solve the rear crab bontot ugly haha.
yes, as im in spare part business we do established partnership with some mitsu dealer and they said the price is acceptable, much like price servicing in proton sc.

This post has been edited by imperialrealcs: May 24 2017, 10:19 AM

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 AM