Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is New Harrier good SUV?

views

MR_alien
post May 15 2017, 09:17 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,299 posts

QUOTE(0168257061 @ May 15 2017, 09:06 PM)
but many uncle in kk sukak  hmm.gif
i dnt even know why they buy it, prolly just to show off
i drove all models of imported toyota....those top of the line land cruiser, prado, FJ cruiser are all crap
i'd rather buy a proton rather than those

the best toyota models are all the cheapest
vanguard and wish
wish really impressed me, everything was so good other than its an empty car laugh.gif
theres a reason so many wish out there clocked 200k++KM...easily
Tissueangel
post May 24 2017, 09:29 AM

2 posts

Going to get my harrier this friday. Cant wait to drive this beauty 😁😁
SUSadvocado
post May 24 2017, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Tissueangel @ May 24 2017, 09:29 AM)
Going to get my harrier this friday. Cant wait to drive this beauty 😁😁
which spec you got & roughly how much?

warranty got?

Facelift launching this June. Can't wait to see what they offering.
Tissueangel
post May 24 2017, 09:53 AM

2 posts

Premium specs & it's 218k+. Its a hybrid 2016 production. Age is less than a yr. quite lucky to get this model. 🤗🤗
SUSadvocado
post May 24 2017, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Tissueangel @ May 24 2017, 09:53 AM)
Premium specs & it's 218k+. Its a hybrid 2016 production. Age is less than a yr. quite lucky to get this model. 🤗🤗
wow, you bought the Hybrid, you thought it over about the Hybrid system & battery maintenance?

any warranties, esp the Hybrid system?

4WD?
Tissueangel
post May 24 2017, 10:06 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ May 24 2017, 09:59 AM)
wow, you bought the Hybrid, you thought it over about the Hybrid system & battery maintenance?

any warranties, esp the Hybrid system?

4WD?
How's the battery maintenance? Is it bad? 😱😱
Still got warranty 👍🏻
2WD

This post has been edited by Tissueangel: May 24 2017, 10:07 AM
SUSadvocado
post May 24 2017, 10:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Tissueangel @ May 24 2017, 10:06 AM)
How's the battery maintenance? Is it bad? 😱😱
Still got warranty 👍🏻
2WD
but warranty is from Toyota Japan, not Toyota Malaysia, since it's grey import, so how would you get the warranty?

only way is the car seller offer you their own warranty, which usually you can just forget about it since quality & workmanship will be shaddy. at most they take out parts from another unit and replace with yours. whomever got the car with swapped out parts, rugi lo.

at least that was how Naz did last time on scratched rims. they just swap from another car.

Battery usually can last 5 years, after that depends on luck, if cannot hold much charge then either you lug the battery as dead weight and run on full petrol, or replace the battery lo, which cost 10-30k per battery.

The main problem is not the battery, but the Hybrid System, because it's more complicated, if something in the Hybrid is faulty, difficult to troubleshoot & fix. worst case possible short circuit and fire hazard.

You can see European cars without Hybrid already hard to fix because complex electronics, so imagine Hybrid will be more complicated.

Anyway just keep a fire extinguisher in car and purchase Fire Insurance.

Usually Hyrbid comes with 4WD. anyway not much difference for City Drive.
Tissueangel
post May 24 2017, 10:32 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ May 24 2017, 10:15 AM)
but warranty is from Toyota Japan, not Toyota Malaysia, since it's grey import, so how would you get the warranty?

only way is the car seller offer you their own warranty, which usually you can just forget about it since quality & workmanship will be shaddy. at most they take out parts from another unit and replace with yours. whomever got the car with swapped out parts, rugi lo.

at least that was how Naz did last time on scratched rims. they just swap from another car.

Battery usually can last 5 years, after that depends on luck, if cannot hold much charge then either you lug the battery as dead weight and run on full petrol, or replace the battery lo, which cost 10-30k per battery.

The main problem is not the battery, but the Hybrid System, because it's more complicated, if something in the Hybrid is faulty, difficult to troubleshoot & fix. worst case possible short circuit and fire hazard.

You can see European cars without Hybrid already hard to fix because complex electronics, so imagine Hybrid will be more complicated.

Anyway just keep a fire extinguisher in car and purchase Fire Insurance.

Usually Hyrbid comes with 4WD. anyway not much difference for City Drive.
Ok. Thnx for d info. I'll ask further with my agent 😅
Wassupman
post May 24 2017, 10:33 AM

Enthusiast
722 posts

QUOTE(Tissueangel @ May 24 2017, 09:53 AM)
damn... from which dealer??? that is one hell of a good price..
SUSadvocado
post May 24 2017, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Tissueangel @ May 24 2017, 10:32 AM)
Ok. Thnx for d info. I'll ask further with my agent 😅
anyway i think it shares the same Hybrid as Camry, so if any problem, can just use Camry parts (i hope).

but i hear from Supplier, they don't stock Hybrid Batteries, even Toyota, whole Peninsular only has 1 Battery in stock.

because Battery will expire, since there is not many Hybrids on the road and most are still under 5 years, they only keep 1. if anyone needs it, will just ship that battery to the location. so if order, will have to wait few weeks to get stock, and since Yen is up against rm, the cost will be higher.
fooloosin
post Sep 17 2018, 11:50 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(advocado @ May 15 2017, 01:53 PM)
All i know it's sporty looking, luxurious interior.

But it's same chassis as Rav4 & Fortuner, and same engine as Altis 2.0 150hp.

Anyone driving it?

See many on the road.

For City drive i think it's ok, but highway 150hp, might be abit lacking for an SUV?

but then again X-trail 2.0 is only 145hp.

Very underpowered and the rear air conditioning is weak and too hot for the rear passenger. Never buy a recond unit as it is mostly from car rental .
If you want to buy , get the new one with warranty.
I very regret to owe a recond unit

5 Pages « < 3 4 5
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 PM