Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is the Haakaa Breast Pump sufficient?

views

TSElala
post May 14 2017, 01:10 PM, updated 7y ago

24 posts

Hi mums,

Not sure if this has been asked before. I'm currently expecting my first and in the process of buying all the necessities for my baby. My friend recommended me the Haakaa Silicone breast pump.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima...KyL._SY355_.jpg

To those who have used it before, does it "pump" or is it just for collecting milk?
I'm wondering if this is enough for me to collect enough milk for storage so that my hubby or my mum-in-law can feed when I'm away from baby.

Should I buy an electric pump as well?

Any advice? smile.gif
Ewa Wa
post May 15 2017, 05:18 PM

On my way
662 posts

Hakka is just milk collector. It's not a pump. You may need a pump (Madela, Spectra, etc)if you want to store milk. Those pump usually few hundred ringgit.
PluEitaro
post May 16 2017, 01:59 AM

Casual
410 posts

From the photo it sure does look like it's a manual pump...if you are looking for convenience at home I think you could consider Medela if you have budget or Spectra if you are tight on budget..
TSElala
post May 16 2017, 12:46 PM

24 posts

Ah, alright! Thank you for your recommendations. smile.gif
melissa27
post May 18 2017, 04:55 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Elala @ May 14 2017, 01:10 PM)
Hi mums,

Not sure if this has been asked before. I'm currently expecting my first and in the process of buying all the necessities for my baby. My friend recommended me the Haakaa Silicone breast pump.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/ima...KyL._SY355_.jpg

To those who have used it before, does it "pump" or is it just for collecting milk?
I'm wondering if this is enough for me to collect enough milk for storage so that my hubby or my mum-in-law can feed when I'm away from baby.

Should I buy an electric pump as well?

Any advice? smile.gif
Hi, if it can help you I give you the website where I bought mine (Philips Avent Natural Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump), there are many breast pumps with good prices and many brands, you can compare and see the reviews maybe it will help you to make a choice biggrin.gif :

The link : www.motherhood.com.my

MeToo
post May 18 2017, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

I would say go for Spectra, servicable and price is reasonable less then half of Avent's price.
lowyat_kaki
post Aug 7 2017, 03:17 PM

13 posts

HaaKaa is good when you are latching your baby, and you can collect milk another side. You will still need a electric pump if you are a working mother, double pump is a must to save time and effort. Spectra is good - affordable price and with all good features. I'm using M1 and it serves me good. Bought it at RM500 from MyPrecious FB online store.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 PM