Total Votes: 67
Guests cannot vote 
views

Deja Vu
post May 16 2017, 10:12 AM

Regular
1,851 posts

Perodua Alza
+ Proven drivetrain (you can also see it as old-tech)
+ Lots of parts (many even shared with the Myvi) and aftermarket
- It's really a 5+2. Last row seats is just cramp and even if one's seated there, the cool air from the aircon just wont reach rear-most occupants
- Fuel consumption is just average. My in-laws and 3 of my colleagues have it and its really nothing to shout about
- NVH is like an oversized Myvi

Proton Exora
+ Can't argue its probably the best value buy if you're just focused on passenger count (a proper 7 seater) and comfort with a budget
+ Steering and body control is very good even compared to stock T.Wish and H.Stream
+ Every row has 2 air con outlets on each side to battle our hot climate
+ CFE in terms of power is miles better compared to the earlier NA version
+ That discounted ISOFIX child seat?
- that poorly match whinny CVT can be quite a nuisance (in my opinion)
- dashboard design and quality is 80s-90s standard
- remember that fuel consumption of the 1.6 turbo is within 2.0 liter engine range

Ertiga
+ middle row aircon with its own fan speed control
+ last row access is not too bad (better than Alza), while seating for my 178cm body frame there is decent (much better than an Alza, and better thigh support/feet placement than an Avanza)
+ went to see a showroom unit mths ago, and I'd say material quality, ergonomics, layout, design is definitely the best of the 3 here
- beige interior can be dirtied easily (maybe you can 'leather wrap' them outside)
- its officially allowed to carry 6 passengers to match the 6 seat belts. This puts it in an odd position when that bench seat obviously 'can' seat 3 like most MPVs, but doing so might get you in trouble with the law when the 7th person is even there for a short trip.
* I didn't manage to do a test drive, so my only question is its the capability of that 1.4L engine and transmission in a MPV instead of the smaller Swift.

In summary, the Ertiga gets my vote
jacobngen87
post May 16 2017, 11:25 AM

2 posts

I'll go with Alza or Ertiga if you're after new car

Alza offers the quietest engine and ride and faster 0-100 compared to Ertiga

The Exora is just clumsy, noisy and drinks FC like water

Why not a used 2015 Nissan Grand Livina?

It has the quietest ride and comfort, good 1.8L engine with decent FC, and can seat 2 adults decently at the 3rd row if you push the second row a little forward

Think of the road trips you'll be doing with 6 adults. You'll need ride comfort, good power and decent FC. I think Alza offers the above 2 but not so much on space. The Exora offers space but not quite on the other 2, Ertiga offers good comfort and space but not so much on power, if you can stretch your budget, the BRV is the best all rounder in this category below RM80-90k, otherwise the Grand Livina is also another worthy consideration for your needs

N33d
post May 16 2017, 10:47 PM

Enthusiast
896 posts

ertiga for safety, eev and more comfortable seat
i do not feel comfortable ferry ppl around in alza when i know that car has a very weak structure
skchings
post May 18 2017, 04:14 PM

12 posts

ertiga got Side Impact Beam,how important Side Impact Beam protect passanger if accident

Alza Got Side Impact Beam or not ?

This post has been edited by skchings: May 18 2017, 04:15 PM
virgoguy
post May 18 2017, 04:35 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ May 16 2017, 11:25 AM)
I'll go with Alza or Ertiga if you're after new car

Alza offers the quietest engine and ride and faster 0-100 compared to Ertiga

The Exora is just clumsy, noisy and drinks FC like water

Why not a used 2015 Nissan Grand Livina?

It has the quietest ride and comfort, good 1.8L engine with decent FC, and can seat 2 adults decently at the 3rd row if you push the second row a little forward

Think of the road trips you'll be doing with 6 adults. You'll need ride comfort, good power and decent FC. I think Alza offers the above 2 but not so much on space. The Exora offers space but not quite on the other 2, Ertiga offers good comfort and space but not so much on power, if you can stretch your budget, the BRV is the best all rounder in this category below RM80-90k, otherwise the Grand Livina is also another worthy consideration for your needs
Which car would you recommend for the budget around RM110K?

This post has been edited by virgoguy: May 18 2017, 04:35 PM
jacobngen87
post May 18 2017, 05:35 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(virgoguy @ May 18 2017, 04:35 PM)
Which car would you recommend for the budget around RM110K?
Serena, Biante, Innova for proper 7 seaters with still some space for luggages at the back

Smaller mpv will be BRV or Sienta. Can seat 7 adults comfortably but very little space left for luggages at the back for road trips

Alza, Ertiga is more like mini mpv or what I choose to call 5+2 type. 5 adults and 2 children with very little space left for luggages for road trips or even major groceries shopping

Depends on your priorities and budget most importantly

TSebscsk
post May 21 2017, 04:41 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(skchings @ May 18 2017, 04:14 PM)
ertiga got Side Impact Beam,how important Side Impact Beam protect passanger if accident

Alza Got Side Impact Beam or not ?
Perodua Alza don't have Side Impact Beam...........
acidglory
post May 23 2017, 09:32 PM

12 posts

Since im on planning to get mpv too...and budget is tight too...i will choose Ertiga for new car and Livina for 2nd hand.

Exora cool for me but its just have a too much big looks for me or in Malay words 'besar bagak'....

Also just to mention here another choice is Captiva 2nd hand.

If taknak pening kepala take Ertiga la. Soon aftermarket bodykit keluar then so much fancy look. Already research bout Indo/India Ertiga user, put simple bodykit pun dah fancy habis...

Btw Livina 2nd row seat can move forward and move back kan?
To all model or certain model/year?
Exora cannot....pity...Alza i dont know. Ertiga damn sure boleh.
skchings
post May 27 2017, 08:22 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(ebscsk @ May 21 2017, 04:41 PM)
Perodua Alza don't have Side Impact Beam...........
Thank...........
riezzien
post May 27 2017, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

are you going to buy the car seat for 299?
SUSdjtong
post May 28 2017, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Every week newspaper got show accident involving Alza where every passenger killed.

Exora better. Ertiga not bad but very tall car, dated looks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0436sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 AM