Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Entry 250cc Bike

views

ywheng89
post Aug 10 2017, 01:50 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(Mikahl @ Aug 9 2017, 08:48 PM)
Heard from a friend the Engine Oil must use Motorex to prevent engine getting too hot. Not sure if there's any truth in this.
Hmmm,doubt so,using MOTOREX currently and the temp is definitely not getting lower.
wshazi
post Aug 10 2017, 04:51 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(ywheng89 @ Aug 10 2017, 01:50 AM)
Hmmm,doubt so,using MOTOREX currently and the temp is definitely not getting lower.
Are you experiencing sudden engine stop due to the heat? I saw YouTube review, duke 390 a lot kena.
ywheng89
post Aug 10 2017, 06:24 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(wshazi @ Aug 10 2017, 04:51 PM)
Are you experiencing sudden engine stop due to the heat? I saw YouTube review, duke 390 a lot kena.
So far I have not kena,hope will not kena also. Haha
shienchin
post Aug 11 2017, 09:54 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(ywheng89 @ Aug 7 2017, 03:49 PM)
I got mine few weeks back. Duke 250..
so far no electrical prob yet...
but engine oil leaking.. :S
not sure if it's common among the Dukes..
when i google it,seems like its pretty common issue due to the heat the engine generates and the deform on the gasket.
went to dealer,guess what,the dealer just seal it with gasket seal instead of ordering a new set of gasket for me..
and not sure what or how they did,i suspect they damaged the fuel pump when disassemble the engine. I did not notice that until i got back the bike,and rode for a day,then i noticed there's something leaking again..
this time i went back to the dealer and ding dong ding dong,they made it seem like its small matter. again,i did not notice the fault on the fuel pump yet...
I went back after they told me they will order new gasket and replace it for me.
i went straight to KTM malaysia's page,PM them...
got a response the next day,the technician from KTM malaysia called and they came down the next day to the dealer wanting to replace the gasket for me,that's when they disassemble the engine and found the fuel pump fault. and i was told the whole thing could burn if there's any spark..
they then took the bike back to the factory,fixed everything..and everything came back nice and its been a week and so far so good.
The service from the KTM is pretty good i would say.
i think the thing that we need to take note is to make sure that we purchase from reputable dealer and make sure that they have trained technician to perform the maintenance. I'm from penang btw.
Sloppy job! I spoke with KTM malaysia marketing personnel. He was concern of the quality of CKD KTM, thus me and a dealer complain to him about how bad the quality was. Hopefully that will make some changes in CKD KTM
ywheng89
post Aug 11 2017, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(shienchin @ Aug 11 2017, 09:54 AM)
Sloppy job! I spoke with KTM malaysia marketing personnel. He was concern of the quality of CKD KTM, thus me and a dealer complain to him about how bad the quality was. Hopefully that will make some changes in CKD KTM
Yeah,i hope so man! Two weeks running the bike and the oil leak issue happened is definitely QC issue!
ajaibman
post Aug 14 2017, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(ywheng89 @ Aug 10 2017, 01:50 AM)

What's the viscosity needed for your bike? Try to use Diesel engine oil and find the one match your bike spec.. Diesel engine oil mostly meant for high temp Diesel engine which notoriously running on high compression due to the Diesel cycle and now turbo generates lots of heat..

And most CF, CJ, CI -4 diesel engine grade is JASO - MA or JASO MA2 compliant, which protect your wet clutch.. (no friction modifier)

ajaibman
post Aug 14 2017, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(shienchin @ Aug 11 2017, 09:54 AM)
Was considering KTM 1050 along with the Tiger XCX, MT09 Tracer, and BMW F800GS for my long distance touring bike, now might want to reconsider back...

This post has been edited by ajaibman: Aug 14 2017, 09:57 PM
Mikahl
post Aug 15 2017, 12:02 AM

35 posts

Saw a Tracer at Takong Cheras today, somehow these big bikes looks better in the shop than on screen.
Justin.Loong
post Aug 15 2017, 09:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Aug 14 2017, 09:55 PM)
What's the viscosity needed for your bike? Try to use Diesel engine oil and find the one match your bike spec.. Diesel engine oil mostly meant for high temp Diesel engine which notoriously running on high compression due to the Diesel cycle and now turbo generates lots of heat..

And most CF, CJ, CI -4 diesel engine grade is JASO - MA or JASO MA2 compliant, which protect your wet clutch.. (no friction modifier)
You should not be using diesel engine oil or car engine oil for that matter. shocking.gif
ajaibman
post Aug 15 2017, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Aug 15 2017, 09:16 AM)
You should not be using diesel engine oil or car engine oil for that matter.  shocking.gif
I am just trying to help broder... I used Diesel engine oil on my bike (survived the ride to Koh Samui and Back 2000 km) and my Kymco Xct 400i scooter before to combat the heat..

Well everyone for themselves then..

Thank you..

This post has been edited by ajaibman: Aug 15 2017, 10:40 AM
Justin.Loong
post Aug 15 2017, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Aug 15 2017, 10:39 AM)
I am just trying to help broder... I used Diesel engine oil on my bike (survived the ride to Koh Samui and Back 2000 km) and my Kymco Xct 400i scooter before to combat the heat..

Well everyone for themselves then..

Thank you..
I read online in a bike forum way back 2008 about a HD owner said that his HD owner's manual for my suggested that if it is not possible to obtain the official HD lubricant, it is better to use a diesel engine oil as it is more suited to an air-cooled engine.
So I understand your posting.
Sorry ajaibman. I don't mean to distrust your posting. icon_rolleyes.gif
chikuera
post Sep 8 2017, 08:06 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

if i have the money, I would buy versys x250 tongue.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:21 PM