post May 20 2017, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(farisq @ May 14 2017, 12:33 AM)
Hi, other DAP close to your price....
Shanling m2
Shanling m2s
Cayin Spark n3

I also own X3 gen1 and it is still my favourite player due to its power. But, nowadays I use my Hidizs AP60 more for portability n pocketability.
never heard of this brand Hidizs. can tell me how does it sound in comparison to X3? and how much it sells?
TSt1231
post May 20 2017, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(yang2910 @ May 13 2017, 04:35 PM)
It's been awhile. I am sorry for your lost. But x3 1st gen is the warmest dap I heard so far among all dap. The later versions of fiio lean more towards resolution along with the warmness. Didnt knew that the x3 2nd gen is not selling anymore. I would say that would best fits your budget. But the feature of x3 3rd gen to stream spotify or tidal is a great plus.
hi Yang, yeah it's been sometime.

I like the X3 sound, so maybe I should look for warm sounding player in future. The shops I visited all said X3ii is just discontinued, and asked me to wait for X3iii. Perhaps that's what I'd do.
TSt1231
post May 20 2017, 10:13 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ May 13 2017, 01:06 PM)
Go to shops and test since it is readily available for demo. I've tried the X5iii with A12 (which is quite warm) and HD650 which is even warmer and didn't like the pairing. Preferred Sony's A15/ZX2 pairing which has a brighter signature.
maybe X5iii is out of my budget, I'm trying to keep it below 1.2k.
ClieOS
post May 20 2017, 11:11 AM

In-Ear Addict
1,097 posts

QUOTE(t1231 @ May 20 2017, 10:06 AM)
I have tried Cayin N5 (not N3) few days ago, and it is quite good and powerful (to my ears, volume at 47/100 is equivalent to 80/120 on FiiO X5ii)...
Actually X5II should be a bit more powerful. Having more volume isn't an direct indication of having more power - but that's a bit too complicated to explain in one forum post and the difference between N5 and X5II's power output isn't significant enough to be a concern. Suffice to say they are generally more than adequate for >90% of headphones out there.
farisq
post May 20 2017, 04:58 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(t1231 @ May 20 2017, 10:08 AM)
never heard of this brand Hidizs. can tell me how does it sound in comparison to X3? and how much it sells?
If not mistaken, they only entered DAP market 3 or 4 years back with the first player hidizs AP100, then AP60 and latest AP200.
Well im not very good in describing sound and I'm not sure if my perception is accurate, but comparing with fiio X3 I can say not much different between the two, except may be a small detail in favour of X3. But in term of power, you can clearly feel that X3 has more power in it.
farisq
post Dec 14 2017, 02:16 PM

On my way
513 posts

So in the end which player get the nod....? hmm.gif
Siri-Piri
post Feb 28 2018, 09:45 PM

1 posts

As I can see at the today HI-FI player's market there are 2 competitors in this price range:

Hidizs AP200 - The three-years delayed Hidizs AP200 at the moment can be called ambiguous, although there are prospects. It will give the future owner a lot of positive emotions thanks to a very kind, driving sound without obvious whims from the point of musical styles or used headphones view, versatility for all occasions due to Android, USB DAC functions and the availability of wireless modules. Plus, the external player looks decent. At the moment, I was confused by two things in the player: the first was a strange realization of mechanical control buttons, with which I could not make friends and very sloppy software with slowdowns and lags.

FiiO X3 Mark III - The FiiO X3 Mark III does not feel like a revolutionary upgrade, but rather a cosmetic lift and the Bluetooth's addition and a balanced output as a certain trend in Hi-Fi players. The player is an interesting offer for those who decided to get their first Hi-Fi player and are not yet ready to spend a lot of money on top devices. FiiO X3 Mark III can provide high-quality sound (for its cost), although not for anyone's taste and obviously, not everyone will like. It is packed in a compact, cute and comfortable case that does not pull your pocket and is equipped with convenient control buttons that allow you to control playback right in your pocket. At the same time, the interface is still not the most convenient and smart: there are competitors more convenient and functional.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 PM