Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Silat beat Bruce Lee bullsheet

views

beetch
post May 5 2017, 11:27 AM, updated 5y ago

Casual
375 posts

Can u noob stop spreading false rumors that BL got beaten by silat?

People is dead and yet ktards show no respek to a great legend.

CODE

According to the rumor of his death in Malaysia or Indonesia some claims, that Bruce Lee was killed when he challenged a Silat Fighter who sent Bruce flying with a deadly technique. According to the rumor this took place in 1973 and after Bruce Lee lost, he studied Silat till his death and added to his arensal in Jeet Kune Do....... The rumor is false. There are more than 3 versions of this rumor of different locations and masters that claims to defeat Bruce Lee, and what's funny is that there is an another myth like this in India, when Bruce Lee challenged some Indian practioner to the fight and lost...... lol ok It is well known that Bruce Lee studied Silat by Master Willem Reeders before 5 or 7 months before his death and he even sent him a thank you letter. One of the masters in the rumors whom was known as Dicky said that he never met Bruce Lee in a documentary in Silat 1987 and also Meors' never heard of such claims except they knew Master Meor met Bruce Lee but this is what really happened:

At the end of 1969, Meor Abdul Rahman moved to Air Kuning, Taiping, Perak. In 1971, he was awarded the Darjah Kebesaran Dato’ Paduka Cora Si Manja, by KDYMM Sultan Idris Syah, for his unwavering sacrifice and contribution for religion, culture and sultanate. The award carries the title Seri Paduka(equivalent to the knighthood in the British Empire). In the year 1973, Dato’ Meor Abdul Rahman and his acquaintance, Tuan Syed Jamalulail, departed for London to visit a relative there. On the way back to Malaysia in Hong Kong, he met Bruce Lee, a famous martial-artist. During the short meeting, Dato’ Meor Abdul Rahman had exchanged with Bruce Lee the Sino-Malay culture and ethics.

In conclusion, no it never happened..... there are more than 3 versions of this rumor with different locations and masters..... Meor did probably meet bruce lee and probably did exchange martial art ideas and probably did challenge each other, but it wasnt a fight nor Meor ever did to kill Bruce Lee..... They were sharing ideas and cultural exchanges like so many that cross Bruce Lee....

The funny thing was that the rumor spread after his death and never was reported on the news or had and direct evidences that backed it up.....

In fact, if this rumor was the truth, why doesn't most Silat practioners are familiar with this rumor nor it never went down in history book of Silat fights? Simple it never happened..... There are tons tons tons of rumors like this one that Bruce Lee was killed or injured by something but believe me guys this story is a myth and I did the best of my ability to find the truth behind stories like this and let me tell you something, there are no evidences of this story except that Meor, a Silat Master did probably meet Bruce Lee but like I said for cultural exchange and ideas of martial arts and also Bruce Lee already knew Silats from Master Willem Reeders

If you want to know what Bruce Lee was capable of, check out Tommy Carruthers, a true JKD practioner who is the closest thing to Bruce Lee today and has similar power and lightening speed.....
Update:
o yea, lol give me your thoughts on this......... Thanks>>>> show more
Update 2:
Also forgot to mention that my theory about where this myth started.......

I believe it started with students of Meor Abdul Rahman after Bruce Lee's death claiming that Meor fought or SPARR with Bruce Lee and beated him.....this is not the case, one of the students of Meor said that he never heard any such claims from Meor nor does he know that he met Bruce Lee..... The truth is he probably did meet Bruce Lee but they never fought but exchange ideas of their cultures and martial arts... Nor that this Silat Master killed him...... there are many rumors like this check it out, one is about place in India, other even Korea, etc, etc....
Update 3:
I HAVE met an eyewitness who was present (I shall not name him), but he claims that nothing happened in that meeting. Bruce heard that Datuk Meor was on a stopover in Hong Kong and met him in the lounge to discuss martial arts.

He apparently offered Datuk Meor to star in Game of Death, but was turned down when he was required to act a defeat to Bruce in the movie.

So, as far as I know, it's been an interesting urban legend among Gayong pesilat ever since, and guru Jamaludin has never mentioned it to me in all the time I've known him, nor indicated that he knew anything about it. Most Malaysian pesilat don't even know this story and were quite surprised when it was published as an analytical piece in SENI BELADIRI magazine in the late 1990s.

Though in defence of Malaysian pesilat, there are claims from all over the world where Bruce's life was supposedly done in. From the US Government, to jealous and angry Chinese kung fu masters, Shaolin monks and triads, to Datuk Meor Rahman, Dick
Update 4:
Dicky Zulkarnain and Trovador Ramos, all have their own claims to having defeated (or even killed) the great man. Malaysians aren't unique in that.

As for me, the more claims that exist, the more it proves just how much this man has impacted our lives. I have interviewed Melayu silat masters who cite Bruce Lee as an inspiration to study their own culture's martial arts.

I regret though that some people spread such stories (even if there is a speck of truth in it) to inflate their sense of importance.
Update 5:
To Bruce Lee's family, friends and students, I don't know if you deign to read this, but I apologise if any of these urban myths gone wilde have hurt anyone amongst you. BLACK BELT once called Bruce a prophet of the martial arts in the West.
Update 6:
This myth began circulating shortly after Lees death in 1973. Actually, there are dozens—perhaps hundreds—of stories surrounding his passing. The three I heard most often are that he was killed for revealing the secrets of Shaolin Temple, that he was murdered by rival kung fu teachers in Chinatown and that he was assassinated by ninja. None of them is true.

Considering how much life and energy Lee projected on screen and in public appearances, it was impossible for many to accept that he had simply died. He was a cinematic superman: unbeatable, unkillable and unstoppable. The public could have accepted it if hed fallen while fighting a bunch of thugs, but an allergic reaction to aspirin didnt seem possible. Giants dont die that easily.
Update 7:
Now, more than 30 years later, conspiracy theorists still concoct elaborate cases for the mysterious murder of Lee. And with the tragic demise of his son, Brandon, who died in a way that bizarrely mirrored a scene in Game of Death, the myths persist, coroners reports notwithstanding

skinny-dipper
post May 5 2017, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

wall of text
psyduck89
post May 5 2017, 11:32 AM

New Korean Member
818 posts

y u go stir that shit again...

only retard that take /k as source will believe..
tentenko
post May 5 2017, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

silat > bruce lee

period. inkambing plotek gang ~owai~
afie98120
post May 5 2017, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
270 posts

beetch pls
sheffbatik
post May 5 2017, 11:36 AM

16 posts

Taichi pawn all.
boystyle
post May 5 2017, 11:37 AM

17 posts

#protecttongsan #orangkite #butthurttaichi

user posted image

This post has been edited by boystyle: May 5 2017, 11:38 AM
Bombgen
post May 5 2017, 11:37 AM

Enthusiast
941 posts

Taichi>Silat>MMA.

U dont belip? I ken gip u video how Taichi master beat MMA in silent. Most probably that MMA fighter will diededed in 2 days.
azbro
post May 5 2017, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,184 posts

If Meor didnt kill him...and news of it was headlines everywhere

Why didnt Meor tell his side of the story to reveal the truth?

Meor lived to a rip old age and most probably have heard 100 version story to Bruce Lee's death related to him.

EternalC
post May 5 2017, 11:41 AM

Take what you can, give nothing back
839 posts

tldr no proof also

still silat > burus lee
gsem984
post May 5 2017, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

this story must be put in our Buku Sejarah for every student to study. Students must pass this subject or will be buang negara.
otua
post May 5 2017, 11:42 AM

Casual
499 posts

even small kid know the real story, but we just pretend so that the group of easily confuse ppl will live happily ever
myasiahobby
post May 5 2017, 11:44 AM

On my way
552 posts

user posted image
salimbest83
post May 5 2017, 11:44 AM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,341 posts

fak jew ts walloftext
Lyu
post May 5 2017, 11:45 AM

Enthusiast
700 posts

Sampah pipu
Should sue 9 him for defamation
monoikhwan
post May 5 2017, 11:47 AM

Casual
385 posts

Lulz. Post source from shitty 7y.o. kindergarten essay, and yet said others spreading tumors. Wtf.
It's already well known BL lose to silat, but some people really die2 dun wan to believe. Legendary? Lullllzzzz
soulhunter87
post May 5 2017, 12:00 PM

Casual
453 posts

http://sensasiselalu.blogspot.my/2016/02/d...ak-tu-yeop.html
its still hard to believe in that story.
SerioseCat
post May 5 2017, 12:06 PM

Casual
428 posts

berita lama pun nak sebar?

Is it to cover kemaluan besar Tai Chi ka?

Yang kalah Tai Chi, nak Tai Chi kemaluan ke Silat pulak.

This post has been edited by SerioseCat: May 5 2017, 12:07 PM
desmond2020
post May 5 2017, 12:09 PM

On my way
541 posts

Parking for shitstirm
keown83
post May 5 2017, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ May 5 2017, 11:39 AM)
If Meor didnt kill him...and news of it was headlines everywhere

Why didnt Meor tell his side of the story to reveal the truth?

Meor lived to a rip old age and most probably have heard 100 version story to Bruce Lee's death related to him.
most of the myth story about him defeating (or even killing) Bruce Lee happened once he died

its actually a very simple story being exaggerated by silat pipu

the story is actually as simple as this;

1. Bruce Lee invited Dato Meor to his newcoming movie
2. Bruce Lee wanna come to KL to meet Dato Meor to discuss about it (the movie he wanna make)
3. At the same time, as typical as other respected martial artist, Bruce Lee wanna do some sparring with Dato Meor to see what silat is all about
4. Dato Meor, just as typically well respected martial artist as others, accepted invitation from Bruce Lee to do some sparring
5. *Sparring in the 60's/70's are unlike current style of sparring where the duel will looks like a real fight to the death but becos both martial artist is well train & well expert in their technic, they manage to duel without serious injury*
6. The sparring took place in a closed door room where no one (or maybe very several witnessed from Dato Meor & Bruce Lee side, not sure about this) witnessed the event (This is the real problem that causing all the myth story)
7. After the sparring, Bruce Lee discussed with Dato Meor regarding his next movie project
8. Dato Meor decline to participate as he doesnt like the idea of "Bruce Lee in the end defeating Dato Meor who is Pesilat Warrior"
9. Bruce Lee accepted Dato Meor's decision
10. No Bruce Lee nor Dato Meor ever reveal any of the sparring conclusion even until both of them passed away
11. The only interesting story is Bruce Lee advised his only direct student, Dan Inosanto to study & learn about Silat
12. Now, Silat is major part of Dan Inosanto Martial Art School Practice beside JKD

end of story

the story that u guys heard after that is purely exaggerated to the max
AyamBlend
post May 5 2017, 12:34 PM

13 posts

SO many butthurt dont beleive
red streak
post May 5 2017, 12:40 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer
1,251 posts

Easily confused
doppatroll
post May 5 2017, 12:45 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

user posted image
incubus_skj
post May 5 2017, 12:47 PM

Watame Shogun
1,649 posts

siapa bukak tered dia butthurt

silat > bruce lee

nasrulafiq93
post May 5 2017, 12:47 PM

On my way
625 posts

Tai Chi Master>all

Jag23sys
post May 5 2017, 12:48 PM

18 posts

Dafug really
MsGaijin
post May 5 2017, 12:49 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(monoikhwan @ May 5 2017, 11:47 AM)
Lulz. Post source from shitty 7y.o. kindergarten essay, and yet said others spreading tumors. Wtf.
It's already well known BL lose to silat, but some people really die2 dun wan to believe. Legendary? Lullllzzzz
Clashes of cultures~

Some pipul belip Hang Tuah is Cina

Some pipul belip Malay Silat killed Bruce Lee

Other pipul~ eating popcorn with 3d imaginary glasses.
beetch
post May 5 2017, 12:51 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(keown83 @ May 5 2017, 12:09 PM)
most of the myth story about him defeating (or even killing) Bruce Lee happened once he died

its actually a very simple story being exaggerated by silat pipu

the story is actually as simple as this;

1. Bruce Lee invited Dato Meor to his newcoming movie
2. Bruce Lee wanna come to KL to meet Dato Meor to discuss about it (the movie he wanna make)
3. At the same time, as typical as other respected martial artist, Bruce Lee wanna do some sparring with Dato Meor to see what silat is all about
4. Dato Meor, just as typically well respected martial artist as others, accepted invitation from Bruce Lee to do some sparring
5. *Sparring in the 60's/70's are unlike current style of sparring where the duel will looks like a real fight to the death but becos both martial artist is well train & well expert in their technic, they manage to duel without serious injury*
6. The sparring took place in a closed door room where no one (or maybe very several witnessed from Dato Meor & Bruce Lee side, not sure about this) witnessed the event (This is the real problem that causing all the myth story)
7. After the sparring, Bruce Lee discussed with Dato Meor regarding his next movie project
8. Dato Meor decline to participate as he doesnt like the idea of "Bruce Lee in the end defeating Dato Meor who is Pesilat Warrior"
9. Bruce Lee accepted Dato Meor's decision
10. No Bruce Lee nor Dato Meor ever reveal any of the sparring conclusion even until both of them passed away
11. The only interesting story is Bruce Lee advised his only direct student, Dan Inosanto to study & learn about Silat
12. Now, Silat is major part of Dan Inosanto Martial Art School Practice beside JKD 

end of story
the story that u guys heard after that is purely exaggerated to the max

From the student inosanto himself

"In Black Belt years ago, Mr. Inosanto said, I believe, that Bruce had no exposure to, or interest in, silat. My question- what is fact and what is hearsay? I have no doubt that Lee knew what silat was,
but these stories, if true, would have been published in the martial arts press years ago.
Every detail of Lee's life has been explored ad naueum at this point. Inosanto wrote alot about silat
and bersilat
when he was pushing Paul DeThours's sliat system in the 80s, and I do not remember anything said about Bruce meeting Reeders or Moer or anyone else."

Bodo and end of storeyz.

True storeyz.

iGamer
post May 5 2017, 12:51 PM

Toxic ktards probably losers irl
1,152 posts

Who cares? Can silat earn multi-million or not? yawn.gif
GibeDeMuny
post May 5 2017, 12:52 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

kesah pulak mu

Yottabyte
post May 5 2017, 12:54 PM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ May 5 2017, 11:27 AM)

the people i see spreading rumor is you. try to understand how internet viral work. telling people not to spread rumor by telling what is the rumor keep the rumor spread ever wider.
how about you tell your people to stop spreading false rumor about hang tuah is cina? can?

sigh. double-digit IQ people.
nasrulafiq93

On my way
625 posts

Macam la kau tau kisah sebenar.

Ambil source pun dari Google.

Kek.

Bodo.
Error404

Getting Started
233 posts

Feisal Hussein Wong > all
max_cavalera

rebirth
4,771 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ May 5 2017, 12:27 PM)

CODE

According to the rumor of his death in Malaysia or Indonesia some claims, that Bruce Lee was killed when he challenged a Silat Fighter who sent Bruce flying with a deadly technique. According to the rumor this took place in 1973 and after Bruce Lee lost, he studied Silat till his death and added to his arensal in Jeet Kune Do....... The rumor is false. There are more than 3 versions of this rumor of different locations and masters that claims to defeat Bruce Lee, and what's funny is that there is an another myth like this in India, when Bruce Lee challenged some Indian practioner to the fight and lost...... lol ok It is well known that Bruce Lee studied Silat by Master Willem Reeders before 5 or 7 months before his death and he even sent him a thank you letter. One of the masters in the rumors whom was known as Dicky said that he never met Bruce Lee in a documentary in Silat 1987 and also Meors' never heard of such claims except they knew Master Meor met Bruce Lee but this is what really happened:

At the end of 1969, Meor Abdul Rahman moved to Air Kuning, Taiping, Perak. In 1971, he was awarded the Darjah Kebesaran Dato’ Paduka Cora Si Manja, by KDYMM Sultan Idris Syah, for his unwavering sacrifice and contribution for religion, culture and sultanate. The award carries the title Seri Paduka(equivalent to the knighthood in the British Empire). In the year 1973, Dato’ Meor Abdul Rahman and his acquaintance, Tuan Syed Jamalulail, departed for London to visit a relative there. On the way back to Malaysia in Hong Kong, he met Bruce Lee, a famous martial-artist. During the short meeting, Dato’ Meor Abdul Rahman had exchanged with Bruce Lee the Sino-Malay culture and ethics.

In conclusion, no it never happened..... there are more than 3 versions of this rumor with different locations and masters..... Meor did probably meet bruce lee and probably did exchange martial art ideas and probably did challenge each other, but it wasnt a fight nor Meor ever did to kill Bruce Lee..... They were sharing ideas and cultural exchanges like so many that cross Bruce Lee....

The funny thing was that the rumor spread after his death and never was reported on the news or had and direct evidences that backed it up.....

In fact, if this rumor was the truth, why doesn't most Silat practioners are familiar with this rumor nor it never went down in history book of Silat fights? Simple it never happened..... There are tons tons tons of rumors like this one that Bruce Lee was killed or injured by something but believe me guys this story is a myth and I did the best of my ability to find the truth behind stories like this and let me tell you something, there are no evidences of this story except that Meor, a Silat Master did probably meet Bruce Lee but like I said for cultural exchange and ideas of martial arts and also Bruce Lee already knew Silats from Master Willem Reeders

If you want to know what Bruce Lee was capable of, check out Tommy Carruthers, a true JKD practioner who is the closest thing to Bruce Lee today and has similar power and lightening speed.....
Update:
Update 2:

I believe it started with students of Meor Abdul Rahman after Bruce Lee's death claiming that Meor fought or SPARR with Bruce Lee and beated him.....this is not the case, one of the students of Meor said that he never heard any such claims from Meor nor does he know that he met Bruce Lee..... The truth is he probably did meet Bruce Lee but they never fought but exchange ideas of their cultures and martial arts... Nor that this Silat Master killed him...... there are many rumors like this check it out, one is about place in India, other even Korea, etc, etc....
Update 3:
I HAVE met an eyewitness who was present (I shall not name him), but he claims that nothing happened in that meeting. Bruce heard that Datuk Meor was on a stopover in Hong Kong and met him in the lounge to discuss martial arts.

He apparently offered Datuk Meor to star in Game of Death, but was turned down when he was required to act a defeat to Bruce in the movie.

So, as far as I know, it's been an interesting urban legend among Gayong pesilat ever since, and guru Jamaludin has never mentioned it to me in all the time I've known him, nor indicated that he knew anything about it. Most Malaysian pesilat don't even know this story and were quite surprised when it was published as an analytical piece in SENI BELADIRI magazine in the late 1990s.

Though in defence of Malaysian pesilat, there are claims from all over the world where Bruce's life was supposedly done in. From the US Government, to jealous and angry Chinese kung fu masters, Shaolin monks and triads, to Datuk Meor Rahman, Dick
Update 4:
Dicky Zulkarnain and Trovador Ramos, all have their own claims to having defeated (or even killed) the great man. Malaysians aren't unique in that.

As for me, the more claims that exist, the more it proves just how much this man has impacted our lives. I have interviewed Melayu silat masters who cite Bruce Lee as an inspiration to study their own culture's martial arts.

I regret though that some people spread such stories (even if there is a speck of truth in it) to inflate their sense of importance.
Update 5:
To Bruce Lee's family, friends and students, I don't know if you deign to read this, but I apologise if any of these urban myths gone wilde have hurt anyone amongst you. BLACK BELT once called Bruce a prophet of the martial arts in the West.
Update 6:
This myth began circulating shortly after Lees death in 1973. Actually, there are dozens—perhaps hundreds—of stories surrounding his passing. The three I heard most often are that he was killed for revealing the secrets of Shaolin Temple, that he was murdered by rival kung fu teachers in Chinatown and that he was assassinated by ninja. None of them is true.

Considering how much life and energy Lee projected on screen and in public appearances, it was impossible for many to accept that he had simply died. He was a cinematic superman: unbeatable, unkillable and unstoppable. The public could have accepted it if hed fallen while fighting a bunch of thugs, but an allergic reaction to aspirin didnt seem possible. Giants dont die that easily.
Update 7:
Now, more than 30 years later, conspiracy theorists still concoct elaborate cases for the mysterious murder of Lee. And with the tragic demise of his son, Brandon, who died in a way that bizarrely mirrored a scene in Game of Death, the myths persist, coroners reports notwithstanding

Bodo slowpoke all ktard oso know la.

We just necroed this shiite many times cuz its a funny joke and meme 😄

maraippo
post May 5 2017, 12:55 PM

~PoPoPoPoPo~
1,155 posts

Tered silat Bruce leenke 8976283648290
TheReaderReads
post May 5 2017, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

Fake news
Daniel John
post May 5 2017, 01:01 PM

38 posts

potensi thread

this few days i saw an attack to silat... tongue.gif

prepare for 13th may ke
monoikhwan
post May 5 2017, 01:06 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(MsGaijin @ May 5 2017, 12:49 PM)
Clashes of cultures~

Some pipul belip Hang Tuah is Cina

Some pipul belip Malay Silat killed Bruce Lee

Other pipul~ eating popcorn with 3d imaginary glasses.
The fourth people ~ fanning the fire, and keep the show goes on. Of course while munching popcorn ;P
rainy~days
post May 5 2017, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

A multi millionaire actor with family of 3... u think after he lose will abandon everything and live like a hermit? laugh.gif
arubin
post May 5 2017, 01:08 PM

Holy Pastafarian
642 posts

Bruce Lee died from an allergic drug reaction while shooting a film.

Any story about some martial artist killing him is fiction, and wishful thinking.

/sekian.

This post has been edited by arubin: May 5 2017, 01:08 PM
Sammich!
post May 5 2017, 01:12 PM

On my way
620 posts

QUOTE(beetch @ May 5 2017, 11:27 AM)

CODE

Update:
Update 2:

Update 3:

Update 4:

Update 5:
Update 6:

Update 7:

WHy Chinese ppl so ego cannot accept that other martial arts beat their hero?

Lose is lose no need always deny.
monoikhwan
post May 5 2017, 01:23 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(Sammich! @ May 5 2017, 01:12 PM)
WHy Chinese ppl so ego cannot accept that other martial arts beat their hero?

Lose is lose no need always deny.
Because kiasu is the way of life?
Well other than worship money of course.

This post has been edited by monoikhwan: May 5 2017, 01:25 PM
ciwi1166
post May 5 2017, 01:26 PM

~~~Prestissimo~~~
2,210 posts

tak habis2...

all this bcoz taichi lost to mma? yawn.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd June 2021 - 09:40 PM