Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

274 Pages « < 224 225 226 227 228 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Credit Card v20, Post/Ask general questions here, Please read post 1-3 before posting, tq

views

Chiggah
post Apr 25 2022, 10:18 AM

Casual
460 posts

Wrong post

This post has been edited by Chiggah: Apr 25 2022, 10:19 AM
BaronVonchesto
post Apr 27 2022, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

helo sifus. looking for ways to get credit card points (besides buying stuff of course)

last time we could reload ewallet with CC, then cash out, but now most CC dont give points for ewallet top ups.

what other ways you guys use to accumulate points?
iamshf
post Apr 27 2022, 09:24 PM

Enthusiast
825 posts

stand at any petrol station
offer those motorbike rider who want to pay by cash
you collect cash from them and pay with your cc

win win, they save the steps to counter, you earn cc points
moonsatelite
post Apr 27 2022, 09:25 PM

Enthusiast
706 posts

QUOTE(iamshf @ Apr 27 2022, 09:24 PM)
stand at any petrol station
offer those motorbike rider who want to pay by cash
you collect cash from them and pay with your cc

win win, they save the steps to counter, you earn cc points
sounds good, won't work after a few transactions as the bank will flag it as potential fraud, abuse
BaronVonchesto
post Apr 27 2022, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(moonsatelite @ Apr 27 2022, 09:25 PM)
sounds good, won't work after a few transactions as the bank will flag it as potential fraud, abuse
true. also the bangla guys at the petrol station do that
sweet_pez
post Apr 28 2022, 11:56 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(BaronVonchesto @ Apr 27 2022, 08:29 PM)
helo sifus. looking for ways to get credit card points (besides buying stuff of course)

last time we could reload ewallet with CC, then cash out, but now most CC dont give points for ewallet top ups.

what other ways you guys use to accumulate points?
Homework: go through this thread.
WhitE LighteR
post Apr 29 2022, 09:04 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

Hi. Any card that got any cashback or point benefits for tng ewallet reload?
Duckies
post Apr 30 2022, 12:36 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,544 posts

Any credit card recommendations for insurance payment and TNG reload? I currently own PBB Quantum Mastercard and Visa, Visa Signature, and Islamic Platinum. Perhaps Affin Duo but the application is damn slow... I applied last month and til now I haven't got it.
LostAndFound
post Apr 30 2022, 07:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,585 posts

QUOTE(Duckies @ Apr 30 2022, 12:36 AM)
Any credit card recommendations for insurance payment and TNG reload? I currently own PBB Quantum Mastercard and Visa, Visa Signature, and Islamic Platinum. Perhaps Affin Duo but the application is damn slow... I applied last month and til now I haven't got it.
The PBB Quantum Master and Visa Signature do not give any benefit for TNG reload (according to TNC), can check their threads for more details. Only Islamic Platinum does.

Affin Duo is a reliable one. Other than that can consider HSBC Amanah (they still have FCFS promo for RM15 cashback on TNG reload, but damn competitive at midnight on first day of month). Also can consider UOB YOLO (min spend RM600, 5% cashback but ewallet capped at RM15 so you need RM300 'other spend' to get 5%).
Duckies
post Apr 30 2022, 09:35 AM

Rubber Ducky
9,544 posts

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Apr 30 2022, 07:01 AM)
The PBB Quantum Master and Visa Signature do not give any benefit for TNG reload (according to TNC), can check their threads for more details. Only Islamic Platinum does.

Affin Duo is a reliable one. Other than that can consider HSBC Amanah (they still have FCFS promo for RM15 cashback on TNG reload, but damn competitive at midnight on first day of month). Also can consider UOB YOLO (min spend RM600, 5% cashback but ewallet capped at RM15 so you need RM300 'other spend' to get 5%).
Anything for insurance payment?
cybpsych
post May 1 2022, 08:13 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,907 posts

Visa Commercial Card/ Business Card Cash Back Campaign [ PBB | T&Cs ]

user posted image
Icehart
post May 5 2022, 06:19 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

If I've already pledged FD for a card (Business owner), you guys reckon how long do I need to wait before applying for a credit card from other banks?

Recently tried SCB but was rejected. Card I'm applying for is Smart CC with 36k p.a requirement.

Declared B 2021 is 1xxk

This post has been edited by Icehart: May 6 2022, 08:03 AM
Human Nature
post May 8 2022, 12:05 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

Can we use contactless for a mastercard? on the same visa paywave reader. The mastercard has the same paywave symbol. Thanks
adele123
post May 8 2022, 06:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 8 2022, 12:05 PM)
Can we use contactless for a mastercard? on the same visa paywave reader. The mastercard has the same paywave symbol. Thanks
In theory should not matter. I never faced any issue for either visa or mastercard and i do use them quite evenly.
kimi0148
post May 12 2022, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

Apply CC through ringgitplus, loanstreet or comparehero, imoney comes with free gifts and promotion.

Any reason not to go through them? Any word of advice?
Human Nature
post May 12 2022, 08:56 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(kimi0148 @ May 12 2022, 08:54 AM)
Apply CC through ringgitplus, loanstreet or comparehero, imoney comes with free gifts and promotion.

Any reason not to go through them? Any word of advice?
Potential exposure of personal data to 3rd party
edriem
post May 14 2022, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

If we were to transferred to Indo, expat contract, easy to apply cc if not based in Malaysia?
graphidz
post May 17 2022, 02:11 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

Can you get better installment interest rate if you call the bank and request it? Something like it's a secret option always available but only upon request.

Also I prefer to get installment plan of 6 months if possible instead of 12. Can we change that too but just need to call them?
hye
post May 22 2022, 08:59 AM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ May 17 2022, 02:11 PM)
Can you get better installment interest rate if you call the bank and request it? Something like it's a secret option always available but only upon request.

Also I prefer to get installment plan of 6 months if possible instead of 12. Can we change that too but just need to call them?
The best rate for instalment is 0% which is offered outright with the right promo. For items which does not fall into the 0% category, sometimes bank offer promotional conversions - these are not secret options but they come and go with bank promos. You'll see instead of being imposed 18% p.a. on reducing balance, the bank will apply a fixed x no. of months for lower % interest. You may save some interest if you intend to go into a long instalment period due to fixed interest vs reducing balance calculations.

If you want to lower your instalment plan from 12 months - easy. At month 6, call the bank and ask for early settlement and pay the remaining 6 months balance. Or another way of doing it (provided your card does not have other transactions) - pay 2 months instalment every month for 6 months (or whatever combination). At month 6, call the bank and ask for early settlement. Note that instalment plan comes with fixed interest - if yours is not Zero%, you won't get a interest discount just because you pay early.

Just an advisory - while instalment plans are a great feature of credit card - do be mindful of the long term impact to your personal finances.
Making that decision purchase is a personal choice and the financial consequences are yours to shoulder. Accusing the bank of promoting debt trap is just not realising own's mistake.

This post has been edited by hye: May 22 2022, 09:42 AM
hye
post May 22 2022, 09:34 AM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

With the borders reopening, many will look forward to travel. Would like to post a public awareness of travel insurance. Recently there are unpleasant experiences by many Malaysians when traveling with airlines. Here I hope this info will provide some level of comfort / compensation (probably a more likeable word) if these unpleasantries were to happen to you.

Disclaimer : I'm not promoting any travel insurance product. Opinions are strictly personal and I welcome any discussions/feedback arising from this post.

Now we all know credit card products offer some form of protection when you use the card to buy flight tickets. My opinions is that this free protection is often basic and may not cover most of travellers needs when they experience any problems with airlines / travelling.
I'll advise for our readers to understand what those protections are by searching for the Master Agreement hidden somewhere in card's T&C or bank's website. These T&C are not universally the same across all credit card products so don't be too quick to easily accept and be complacent.

If you opt to choose purchasing a separate travel insurance, there are product coverage for both domestic and overseas travel + single trip and annual coverage. Coverages varies from one insurer to another and so does their prices.

For those scouting around for travel insurance here are my personal clauses that I will look at.

1. Total Medical Coverage - those traveling to Thailand will know this is important. Remember when you travel, medical cost are much higher overseas.
2. Hospitalisation income - If you need to be hospitalised, this will help if you need to make any daily out of pocket expenses.
3. Travel inconvenience - Useful if airlines cancels/reschedule your flight and triggers a whole chain of losses due to those changes. Note the T&C attached to this coverage. For example, you may need to purchase the insurance product as early as 15 days before the actual travel date.
4. Delayed / lost luggage - Sometimes airlines may deliver your luggage late or worse - lost it. Note on how this works - often the compensation can range between RM100-250 per every 6 hours of delay.
5. Travel delays - Similar to item 4 but this is in the form of flight delay.

Optional
6. Covid-19 coverage - Something new these days. They are often offered as additional cover. Some insurer may offer daily expenses which can be useful if you are asked to quarantine at a hotel on your own expenses vs. a designated facility.
7. Sports cover - Not to be mistaken for playing golf while on holiday. If you intend to do mountaineering overseas or some high risk activities - do consider this cover.

Now your priorities may be different than mine - it's up to you to decide on what's important and what's not.
Be mindful of the level of coverage that is being offered when hunting for travel insurance. Some will be happy for a basic cover and some may want an extended cover.

My experience
I bought travel insurance from xx insurer which cost me just short of RM300 which is their premium plan. The lower tier plan is half that amount and so does the compensation too.

During one trip, my luggage was delayed for 24 hours and on the return flight, the flight was delayed for 12 hours. I reported the incident to the insurer after my return (note that you need to furnish documentations and evidence of all these delays which the airline will provide if you ask proactively) and I was compensated for my inconveniences. Let's just say, the compensation that I received was well above and beyond the premium that I paid.

This post has been edited by hye: May 22 2022, 09:39 AM

274 Pages « < 224 225 226 227 228 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 PM