Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

274 Pages « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Credit Card v20, Post/Ask general questions here, Please read post 1-3 before posting, tq

views

cybpsych
post Sep 12 2019, 05:10 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(pireSeven @ Sep 12 2019, 05:01 PM)
Hi all, if i cancelled my credit card 2-3 years ago, am i still considered new to bank customer if i reapply new card now? Thanks.
check the promo T&C just to be sure on their respective definition of NTB (new-to-bank) for card only OR any products.

each bank has different definition.
mamamia
post Sep 12 2019, 07:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(pireSeven @ Sep 12 2019, 05:01 PM)
Hi all, if i cancelled my credit card 2-3 years ago, am i still considered new to bank customer if i reapply new card now? Thanks.
Generally most bank defined NTB is never hold / cancelled card more than 12 months ago.. so, I believe u r safe to say that u r NTB customer since u cancelled 2-3 years ago
cybpsych
post Sep 13 2019, 08:19 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

user posted image

https://www.mybsn.com.my/content.xhtml?contentId=1329

BSN launches credit card for civil servants

PUTRAJAYA (Sept 12): Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Dr Ismail Bakar tonight launched the ‘G-Card Visa’, a credit card issued by Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) specifically for civil servants.

A collaborative effort between BSN and the Malaysian Government Servants Welfare and Sports Council (MAKSAK), the initiative features banking charges of 8.88 percent per year, the lowest compared to charges of other credit cards in the market which are as high as 18 percent per year.
tiongkeat
post Sep 20 2019, 02:08 PM

Enthusiast
758 posts

how to apply mastercard for citibank? it seem now all visa only
Human Nature
post Sep 20 2019, 02:18 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(tiongkeat @ Sep 20 2019, 02:08 PM)
how to apply mastercard for citibank? it seem now  all visa only
if there is no such card, then nothing to apply for
rocketaz
post Sep 20 2019, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Just happened to notice AFFIN Visa Signature 3% cash back for contactless retail spend. (max rm80 cb per month)

1. Does this means this is limited to RM300 and below for every retail spend?
2. Website stated (3% Cash Back. Every Tap). I guess no minimum spend.
3. Anyone tried using this card to pay for insurance? Can get cb like Maybank FCB?
4. Petrol spend can get cb?
5. Online/e-wallet spend can get cb?

AFFIN VS seems better than SCB Liverpool (no tier based spend cb). Since I can't get Maybank FC Barcelona sad.gif this might be a better alternative for retail cb.
Notice: There is no Affin VS dedicated thread for discussion.
cybpsych
post Sep 20 2019, 09:11 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Jul 19 2019, 09:50 AM)
incoming new card from Affin Bank......

user posted image

Added on
We’ve got Alif Satar in the house... our very own AFFINCards ambassador - for the official launch of AFFINBANK’S great new products, namely AFFIN Visa Signature Credit Card and AffinPay mobile app.

Graced with the presence of En Mohd Suffian Hj Haron, Interim Chairman of Affin Bank Berhad, En. Kamarul Ariffin Mohd Jamil, GCEO of Affin Bank Berhad, Mr. Ng Kong Boon, Country Manager Malaysia, Visa International and the management team of Affin Bank Berhad, it has been an awesome launch with all the awesome people around for the revelation of the awesome products.

And we can’t be anymore excited to share with every one of you on our brand new AFFIN Visa Signature Card which is indeed more rewarding than ever!

Perks? 3%* cash back for all contactless transactions and loads of other benefits too! Sign up with us now as you do really deserve more!

*Terms & Conditions apply

user posted image

Added on
Launched @ 24 July 2019

Affin Bank unveils mobile app to rejuvenate consumer segment

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/affi...onsumer-segment

KUALA LUMPUR (July 24): Affin Bank Bhd has introduced its own mobile application AffinPay, as it banks on consumers as well as small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to drive its loan growth this year.

Group chief executive officer Kamarul Ariffin Mohd Jamil said loan growth, targeted at three percent this year, will be driven by the two segments.

“AffinPay is one of our products in the consumer segment and we see this, alongside with more digital products to be launched in the future, as a key driver for the growth,” he told reporters after launching AffinPay and Affin Visa Signature credit card today.

Affin Bank had initially guided for loan growth of between six percent to seven percent this year, but it has also acknowledged that growth could actually come in lower due to economic uncertainties arising from the heightened US-China trade tensions.

Kamarul Ariffin elaborated that loan growth for consumers and SMEs has been steady.

“Motor insurance has been quite challenging, we see a bit of contraction and also a flattish corporate segment,” he added.

Meanwhile, he said Affin is eyeing about 30,000 Affin Visa Signature new credit card users in the first year of introduction, coming from its current 800,000 debit- and credit-card members.

The newly-launched Affin Visa Signature Credit Card offers three percent cash back for contactless transactions performed at retail outlets.

The monthly payment for the card is RM80 per month or RM960 per annum.

Visa International country manager (Malaysia) Ng Kong Boon said Visa contactless transactions per month stood at seven million transactions, reflecting 35 percent of total Visa face-to-face transactions in the country.

“Contactless transactions have grown three times and it is evident that Malaysians appreciate how fast, convenient and seamless contactless payments are, and with these products by Affin, we believe the growth of electronic payments in Malaysia would accelerate,” he said.
QUOTE(rocketaz @ Sep 20 2019, 05:23 PM)
Just happened to notice AFFIN Visa Signature 3% cash back for contactless retail spend. (max rm80 cb per month)

1. Does this means this is limited to RM300 and below for every retail spend?
2. Website stated (3% Cash Back. Every Tap). I guess no minimum spend.
3. Anyone tried using this card to pay for insurance? Can get cb like Maybank FCB?
4. Petrol spend can get cb?
5. Online/e-wallet spend can get cb?

AFFIN VS seems better than SCB Liverpool (no tier based spend cb). Since I can't get Maybank FC Barcelona sad.gif this might be a better alternative for retail cb.
Notice: There is no Affin VS dedicated thread for discussion.
been discussing here. thumbsup.gif

1) no. of course you can spend more but cashback capped at RM80/month which translates to ~RM2,666.67 spending.
2) no min spend. just some category not eligible (government services & charity related transactions)
3) pay insurance at over-the-counter? should be ok, but still need to spend time/cost to go there, right? worth the 3% cb?
4) item (2). does your preferred petrol stations accept contactless/wave?
5) does these accept contactless/wave at the first place?

review the website and FAQ.

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Sep 20 2019, 09:13 PM
adele123
post Sep 20 2019, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

QUOTE(tiongkeat @ Sep 20 2019, 02:08 PM)
how to apply mastercard for citibank? it seem now  all visa only
Citi prestige is mastercard.
Hanna9424 P
post Sep 21 2019, 01:23 PM

Probation
3 posts

Hi there,

I’m just wondering if I don’t pay my PTPTN on time (I pay once per year) coz I’m always overseas and yea, I’m just lazy to go and settle it,
Around how long do I need to make my credit record looks good?

I don’t have any outstanding amount now, is it possible like let say I pay 3 months on time, and ask PTPTN to give me like a letter or something to show I’ve been paying on time?
Or do I really need to wait for 12 months to clear the record?

Wanted to apply my first credit card, my earning is about 6K-8K sgd per month, but get rejected I believe is due to PTPTN.

Anyone can advise me on this matter?

fruitie
post Sep 21 2019, 01:36 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(Hanna9424 @ Sep 21 2019, 01:23 PM)
Hi there,

I’m just wondering if I don’t pay my PTPTN on time (I pay once per year) coz I’m always overseas and yea, I’m just lazy to go and settle it,
Around how long do I need to make my credit record looks good?

I don’t have any outstanding amount now, is it possible like let say I pay 3 months on time, and ask PTPTN to give me like a letter or something to show I’ve been paying on time?
Or do I really need to wait for 12 months to clear the record?

Wanted to apply my first credit card, my earning is about 6K-8K sgd per month, but get rejected I believe is due to PTPTN.

Anyone can advise me on this matter?
Why can't you pay online? PTPTN can be paid online regardless where you are.

At least 12 months to clear off but if you only pay once a year, it won't help, your CCRIS will look bad all the time.

So just pay diligently every month and apply your card after a year.

No shortcut for this and laziness unfortunately doesn't help.
jefftan4888
post Sep 21 2019, 02:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,600 posts

I really hate those people who don’t pay back PTPTN at all or pay on time. When you need money to complete your study, they give you a helping hand. Please be a responsible person. Owe money must pay back. Don’t give any excuses.
Hanna9424 P
post Sep 21 2019, 02:03 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Sep 21 2019, 01:36 PM)
Why can't you pay online? PTPTN can be paid online regardless where you are.

At least 12 months to clear off but if you only pay once a year, it won't help, your CCRIS will look bad all the time.

So just pay diligently every month and apply your card after a year.

No shortcut for this and laziness unfortunately doesn't help.
Hahahahahahahaha, I thought so too, I’m just gonna apply it next year I guess.

Nevertheless, thanks for your prompt reply😊
Hanna9424 P
post Sep 21 2019, 02:09 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(jefftan4888 @ Sep 21 2019, 02:01 PM)
I really hate those people who don’t pay back PTPTN at all or pay on time. When you need money to complete your study, they give you a helping hand. Please be a responsible person. Owe money must pay back. Don’t give any excuses.
Yup, totally agree😊😊😊
fruitie
post Sep 21 2019, 02:12 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(Hanna9424 @ Sep 21 2019, 02:03 PM)
Hahahahahahahaha, I thought so too, I’m just gonna apply it next year I guess.

Nevertheless, thanks for your prompt reply😊
Start paying every month from now onward or don't think of getting your card in next year. Moreover, banks still have discretion to reject you and PTPTN is not the only reason.
Orchid beauty
post Sep 24 2019, 09:27 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Any credit cards give cash back for government transactions?
wym6977
post Sep 24 2019, 09:34 PM

Enthusiast
943 posts

QUOTE(Orchid beauty @ Sep 24 2019, 09:27 PM)
Any credit cards give cash back for government transactions?
I used BP (CC->BP) but also interested to know which is best CC can give CB (or points) for government transactions...
cybpsych
post Sep 25 2019, 07:46 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(wym6977 @ Sep 24 2019, 09:34 PM)
I used BP (CC->BP) but also interested to know which is best CC can give CB (or points) for government transactions...
uob yolo via jompay
adam_lew85
post Sep 25 2019, 09:26 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

Hi all... Just new to credit card world... The credit card will be delivered to my house in 1 week.

Once I receive the new card, I can straight away transfer money from the credit card to my BigPay card and withdraw it as cash? Or need to apply for any plan first (such as cash installment plan)before the transferring money feature available on the credit card?

How to check whether my credit card is money transfer credit card or balance transfer credit card?

Thanks for helping a cc newbie like me ya.

TSalexwsk
post Sep 25 2019, 09:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(adam_lew85 @ Sep 25 2019, 09:26 PM)
Hi all... Just new to credit card world... The credit card will be delivered to my house in 1 week.

Once I receive the new card, I can straight away transfer money from the credit card to my BigPay card and withdraw it as cash? Or need to apply for any plan first (such as cash installment plan)before the transferring money feature available on the credit card?

How to check whether my credit card is money transfer credit card or balance transfer credit card?

Thanks for helping a cc newbie like me ya.
for balance transfer, you need two credit cards, then you can transfer the balance from one card to the other
since you'll have only one card, you'll be just transferring money into bigpay and withdrawing it. piece of advice, do make sure you can pay back in full whatever amount you plan to withdraw when the monthly statement comes
adam_lew85
post Sep 25 2019, 10:34 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(alexwsk @ Sep 25 2019, 09:32 PM)
for balance transfer, you need two credit cards, then you can transfer the balance from one card to the other
since you'll have only one card, you'll be just transferring money into bigpay and withdrawing it. piece of advice, do make sure you can pay back in full whatever amount you plan to  withdraw when the monthly statement comes
I googled and found out there is difference between balance transfer and money transfer, and not all credit card can do Money transfer. Am I right or miss something?

That's why I asked how to check whether my credit card has money transfer feature or not? Or all credit cards can do the money transfer?

Sry I am really newbie to the credit card...

274 Pages « < 144 145 146 147 148 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:36 AM