Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

my 1st investment on monitor, dota 2 player

views

demetry
post May 3 2017, 08:53 PM

Casual
302 posts

if temp is not issue, the cheapest method is add more RAM. If you want fast and most efficient way to improve game performance, just change your gfx card. laugh.gif
TSsolou123
post May 3 2017, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(demetry @ May 3 2017, 08:50 PM)
u are putting strain to your gfx card. download some software to check your vram utilisation and gpu % used in game. Besides, what is your ram utilization during gaming? system temperature all ok? do you open browser or app when playing game? if so, suggest you put 1 more ram stick.

buying new 144hz is the very last thing you want to do after u check all are ok. laugh.gif
ram utilization im not sure, temp din 50+, no i close all apps or program to max the performance, turn on the ESET gamer mode as well if i rmb, will find software to check.

for vram utilisation and gpu % should be , the higher the better?

8gb ram i thought more than enough, still need to add more ram?

if i change my gpu, for example, gtx 1050ti(the card that i planned to buy if going to upgrade), but still will constrain by my monitor 60hz, which can only display 60 fps the max, right?
UJil
post May 3 2017, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(solou123 @ May 3 2017, 08:39 PM)
is it? any source or review regarding this?

for me colour is not the priority, as long as it smooth and can display more frame..lol
actually you can google it. seacrh for hkc x3 review
demetry
post May 4 2017, 12:36 AM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(solou123 @ May 3 2017, 09:19 PM)
ram utilization im not sure, temp din 50+, no i close all apps or program to max the performance, turn on the ESET gamer mode as well if i rmb, will find software to check.

for vram utilisation and gpu % should be , the higher the better?

8gb ram i thought more than enough, still need to add more ram?

if i change my gpu, for example, gtx 1050ti(the card that i planned to buy if going to upgrade), but still will constrain by my monitor 60hz, which can only display 60 fps the max, right?
your 1gb vram limit is already reached. it will overflow to your RAM. Usually if this happens, it will decrease the fps drastically bcoz gpu cannot find memory address to store the texture data. Usually running in exclusive mode will give the game higher priority of system memory but still will slow down the game alot.

not sure your gfx card bandwith, it should not be higher than latest current gfx card of same level. so yes, your gfx card should be the bottleneck.

if i change my gpu, for example, gtx 1050ti(the card that i planned to buy if going to upgrade), but still will constrain by my monitor 60hz, which can only display 60 fps the max, right? - no, not directly but they are related. if your fps is consistently higher than monitor refresh rate, then your monitor is effectively capping the fps. this is where freesync or gsync comes in to sync your gfx card to your monitor refresh rate.

moba game, more than 60hz monitor? not needed unless you are pro gamer. Even pro gamer also play at 60fps and still a pro. laugh.gif FPS game, yes you may need high refresh rate monitor because late ms will get you killed. monitor above or 144hz with gsync will cost you money.

easy way for you is to get 1050 and continue to play with max setting that the 1050 allows, else do a major upgrade to i5 or ryzen5 with 1060 card and above and then get a fast 144hz monitor. all money talks. cool2.gif
demetry
post May 4 2017, 12:44 AM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(solou123 @ May 3 2017, 08:38 PM)
my pc ram is 8gb..im playing at 1920X1080.

my video setting:

animated portrait
AA
Ambient Occlusion
high quality water
vsync
high texture quality
100% render quality
lol try lower down your resolution first before deciding 1050.
TSsolou123
post May 4 2017, 01:18 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(demetry @ May 4 2017, 12:36 AM)
your 1gb vram limit is already reached. it will overflow to your RAM. Usually if this happens, it will decrease the fps drastically bcoz gpu cannot find memory address to store the texture data. Usually running in exclusive mode will give the game higher priority of system memory but still will slow down the game alot.

not sure your gfx card bandwith, it should not be higher than latest current gfx card of same level. so yes, your gfx card should be the bottleneck.

if i change my gpu, for example, gtx 1050ti(the card that i planned to buy if going to upgrade), but still will constrain by my monitor 60hz, which can only display 60 fps the max, right? - no, not directly but they are related. if your fps is consistently higher than monitor refresh rate, then your monitor is effectively capping the fps. this is where freesync or gsync comes in to sync your gfx card to your monitor refresh rate.

moba game, more than 60hz monitor? not needed unless you are pro gamer. Even pro gamer also play at 60fps and still a pro. laugh.gif FPS game, yes you may need high refresh rate monitor because late ms will get you killed. monitor above or 144hz with gsync will cost you money.

easy way for you is to get 1050 and continue to play with max setting that the 1050 allows, else do a major upgrade to i5 or ryzen5 with 1060 card and above and  then get a fast 144hz monitor. all money talks.  cool2.gif
i don think i will do a major upgrade as i dun plan to invest so much on it.

you recommend gtx 1050 over gtx 1050ti?

if my fps consistently more than 60hz, i need freesync, my current monitor not support (benq gl2450HM), means i need to change monitor too if i wan to get a smooth gameplay?

my native reso is 1920X1080, if lower it down, it wont utilise full screen when gaming....

thanks for your reply:)
TSsolou123
post May 4 2017, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(UJil @ May 3 2017, 11:27 PM)
actually you can google it. seacrh for hkc x3 review
google before..not much review, thats why dun have the confidence for the products..
demetry
post May 4 2017, 11:20 AM

Casual
302 posts

QUOTE(solou123 @ May 4 2017, 01:18 AM)
you recommend gtx 1050 over gtx 1050ti?

if my fps consistently more than 60hz, i need freesync, my current monitor not support (benq gl2450HM), means i need to change monitor too if i wan to get a smooth gameplay?

my native reso is 1920X1080, if lower it down, it wont utilise full screen when gaming....

thanks for your reply:)
if you play ONLY dota 2, get 1050. get 1050ti if you play FPS game or AA titles.

bcoz u are buying gtx card, freesync monitor cannot support your gtx card. you can only use vsync or watever adaptive sync your monitor provides. unless you buy amd gfx card to be compatible with freesync monitor.
TSsolou123
post May 4 2017, 08:35 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(demetry @ May 3 2017, 08:50 PM)
u are putting strain to your gfx card. download some software to check your vram utilisation and gpu % used in game. Besides, what is your ram utilization during gaming? system temperature all ok? do you open browser or app when playing game? if so, suggest you put 1 more ram stick.

buying new 144hz is the very last thing you want to do after u check all are ok. laugh.gif
attached with the log file from gpuz.

before 825pm i playing with vsync on

after 8.25pm i off my vsync, notice there are tearing, almost unplayable.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GPU_Z_Sensor_Log.txtasa.txt ( 360.06k ) Number of downloads: 4
j1122
post May 4 2017, 09:58 PM

Casual
320 posts

seems the VRAM on your GC going to max out, try to lower the texture / setting to mid and test again?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:46 AM