20 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Best VPN, for P2P

views

arowana33
post Jul 17 2019, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

If you're travelling to Middle East or China, get Cisco Express VPN from lazada.com.my (look for Cisco Express VPN), will work well.

This post has been edited by arowana33: Jul 22 2019, 02:03 PM
davidw89
post Jul 20 2019, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

I don't recommend any VPN companies that are popular.

This is the one I use. It's highly regarded as they are at the forefront in terms of technical improvements. They support WIREGUARD.
https://vpn.ac/

Personally, while in China, ExpressVPN failed me on many occasions.
dany001 P
post Jul 29 2019, 05:10 PM

Probation
1 posts

Hi, There is a lot of VPN providers and like any product, you get what you pay for. So I believe there are many factors should be taken into consideration before buying a VPN, such as security:
1- Privacy
2- Payment Methods
3- Security
4- Subscription
5- Advertisements

the following article helps me to make my decision Factors to Consider Before Buying a VPN
sjgmbob P
post Aug 2 2019, 09:41 AM

Probation
8 posts

PandaVPN is the newcomer, but it definitely works and much more affordable than ExpressVPN.
sjgmbob P
post Aug 2 2019, 09:43 AM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(sjgmbob @ Aug 2 2019, 09:41 AM)
PandaVPN is the newcomer, but it definitely works and much more affordable than ExpressVPN.
PandaVPNPandaVPN.
SnowWolf
post Aug 15 2019, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

For streaming and NEtflix and even China access I think the newbie on the block (Surfshark) is quite good. Fast too. However, it hasn't really been on the market that long.
kamechi
post Aug 18 2019, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

im using expressvpn but only getting like 150 speed when connecting to SG server. imon unifi 800

why so slow? sad.gif
jusbella
post Aug 18 2019, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

QUOTE(kamechi @ Aug 18 2019, 12:47 PM)
im using expressvpn but only getting like 150 speed when connecting to SG server. imon unifi 800

why so slow? sad.gif
Do u understand what term VPN?

Do not expect you get full speed when using VPN, VPN means to encrypt and decrypt the traffic and thus speed will be affected.
blacktubi
post Aug 18 2019, 09:27 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(kamechi @ Aug 18 2019, 12:47 PM)

why so slow? sad.gif
It is a shared VPN service and getting 150Mbps is already pretty good.

You will need your own dedicated VPN if you need anything faster.
parker55
post Aug 23 2019, 12:10 AM

3 posts

Expressvpn is the best one but most of them avoid because of bit expensive... try PIA as its the cheapest one and good with P2P
Chyelo
post Sep 13 2019, 10:25 PM

4 posts

Done my own research before I subscribed to SurfShark VPN. Here is my sharing in case anyone is looking for a vpn.

My choice of vpn are down to SurfShark and Nord vpn. Both are good in terms of security features, no logging policy, number of servers and price. But SurfShark is cheaper (2 years for 47.76USD, ie 1.99USD per month) as compare to Nordvpn (3 years, 2.99USD per month). Expressvpn is good in these areas as well but too expensive.

In terms of speed, SurfShark is good but inconsistent. For example, if without connecting to vpn my connection speed is about 300mbps, connecting to Singapore server sometimes is as fast as 17 ping, 204mbps (down), 26 (up), sometimes it is as slow as 190 ping, 6mbps (down), 3mbps (up). This is using default settings to allow the app to choose connection protocol. After I switched to use IKEv2 protocol, the download speed are better : 217mbps for connecting to Singapore server, 106mbps for Hong Kong, 169mbps for Japan, 158mbps for London, 87mbps for Dallas USA. These are numbers from speed test that I have done. Using IKEv2 protocol are much faster than openvpn (tcp), openvpn (udp) because openvpn have more payload. Also, do not use the Automatic option as it may chooses to use openvpn.

I was thinking to cancel the subscription and get nordvpn but after reading some articles on the speed of nordvpn, I decided not to do it. What I read was nordvpn speed is a bit better than surfshark but in terms of price, it's a big difference to me . Also, surfshark has some feature that I like, like you can choose application, website or ip address to bypass vpn. This is good if you want to connect to bank's website or local website (like assteruk on the go) while still connecting to foreign server in vpn.

I do not have netflix but reviews in www.thebestvpn.com stated that netflix allow access on 6 out of 6 tests done on surfshark whereas netflix allow access on 5 of 6 tests done on nordvpn.

I do not affiliated to surfshark, just talking about my findings. Just do your own research and decide what suit you best.

And here is my research website, enjoy! thumbup.gif
thebestvpn.com
techradar.com
tomsguide.com
pcmag.com
cnet.com

jusbella
post Sep 13 2019, 11:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

QUOTE(Chyelo @ Sep 13 2019, 10:25 PM)
Done my own research before I subscribed to SurfShark VPN. Here is my sharing in case anyone is looking for a vpn.

My choice of vpn are down to SurfShark and Nord vpn. Both are good in terms of security features, no logging policy, number of servers and price. But SurfShark is cheaper (2 years for 47.76USD, ie 1.99USD per month) as compare to Nordvpn (3 years, 2.99USD per month). Expressvpn is good in these areas as well but too expensive.

In terms of speed, SurfShark is good but inconsistent. For example, if without connecting to vpn my connection speed is about 300mbps, connecting to Singapore server sometimes is as fast as 17 ping, 204mbps (down), 26 (up), sometimes it is as slow as 190 ping, 6mbps (down), 3mbps (up). This is using default settings to allow the app to choose connection protocol. After I switched to use IKEv2 protocol, the download speed are better : 217mbps for connecting to Singapore server, 106mbps for Hong Kong, 169mbps for Japan, 158mbps for London, 87mbps for Dallas USA. These are numbers from speed test that I have done. Using IKEv2 protocol are much faster than openvpn (tcp), openvpn (udp) because openvpn have more payload. Also, do not use the Automatic option as it may chooses to use openvpn. 

I was thinking to cancel the subscription and get nordvpn but after reading some articles on the speed of nordvpn, I decided not to do it. What I read was nordvpn speed is a bit better than surfshark but in terms of price, it's a big difference to me . Also, surfshark has some feature that I like, like you can choose application, website or ip address to bypass vpn. This is good if you want to connect to bank's website or local website (like assteruk on the go) while still connecting to foreign server in vpn.

I do not have netflix but reviews in www.thebestvpn.com stated that netflix allow access on 6 out of 6 tests done on surfshark whereas netflix allow access on 5 of 6 tests done on nordvpn. 

I do not affiliated to surfshark, just talking about my findings. Just do your own research and decide what suit you best.

And here is my research website, enjoy!  thumbup.gif
thebestvpn.com
techradar.com
tomsguide.com
pcmag.com
cnet.com
How about PIA?
Chyelo
post Sep 14 2019, 12:16 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Sep 13 2019, 11:07 PM)
How about PIA?
No experience using PIA, all I know is from what I have read before: all articles says PIA speed is fast, if not the fastest. This is because industry standard uses 256-bit encryption whereas PIA default settings uses 128-bit encryption, which makes the payload less hence faster. It is suited for those who wants to do torrent or streaming. Netflix wise you need to double check because some article says it can't gain netflix access from some of the PIA servers. Price is more expensive than surfshark and nordvpn, i think is about 3USD++ per month for 2 years contract. The rest you need to read through those articles, like the company is in USA, hence authority can request user data.
Iroquois Plissken
post Sep 26 2019, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Funny, NordVPN's 70% off sale is always stuck at 9 hours left for days now. Scam?
firdausbhari
post Sep 26 2019, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,194 posts

using both expressVPN and nordVPN.

US streaming apps runs without issue on both, but expressVPN faster

This post has been edited by firdausbhari: Sep 26 2019, 02:38 PM
SnowWolf
post Sep 26 2019, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

QUOTE(Iroquois Plissken @ Sep 26 2019, 01:36 PM)
Funny, NordVPN's 70% off sale is always stuck at 9 hours left for days now. Scam?
Might be a glitch. They recently increased their prices. Used to be $2.99 per month for 3 years plan..now up to $3.4-something sad.gif

xpmen
post Sep 29 2019, 07:13 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

Try ExpressVPN n nord, prefer expressvpn much faster and easy to remember server selection
SUScorihata
post Sep 29 2019, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

if looking for privacy - NordVPN

+ True no log no dmca
even the deepweb recommended this

+ Private dedicated ip. Only you will have the ip and not be detected as a proxy or vpn when browsing

Marilynlai513
post Sep 29 2019, 11:40 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Anyone uses KeepSolid vpn? They now have lifetime subs for USD40 only

keepsolid lifetime offer

This post has been edited by Marilynlai513: Oct 1 2019, 08:25 PM
jusbella
post Oct 2 2019, 08:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

This is the current best VPN http://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages...KRFtGAkbhjA_L5s

20 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 AM