All Stars
14,363 posts

Dunno if this is the Geneva ver2?
jack2
post Sep 18 2017, 02:27 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(Showtime747 @ Sep 17 2017, 08:20 PM)
I believe UOB paper gold minimum is 10g without any charges ? So it is only around RM1900 to start investing in gold. This segment of customer just need to wait 4-6 months to accumulate enough money to invest. Their spread is just above 2% with no storing fees involved.
If you buy unit trust for foreign markets, although it is denominated in RM, but their returns are in forex because they invest in overseas market (but quoted in RM)

For example Asia Pacific Ex-Japan Equity (I believe it is called Ponzi scheme in FSM thread), the fund invests in Asia Pacific stocks. And the returns is on the mid teens % pa

If a person has "currency risk hedging" in mind, there are good alternatives besides gold.
The minimum for UOB is only 10g (I believe so) which is slightly less than RM2000 at current gold price. Is RM2000 a "significant deposit" nowadays ?

If you cost is similar to UOB bank, then I will agree with you. But your cost is too different from UOB.

Is your Aeon product launched yet ? Am I right to say Aeon will charge certain % to "pledge" the gold for cash ? If so, that will add further cost to invest gold through your company.
If we take the recent 2-3 years, gold return in RM is good mainly because of RM depreciation against other forex, not gold price appreciation. Good price is pretty flat after it falls from US$1800+ peak in 2012/2013. For the past 3-4 years, it is around US$1200 to US$1300+

And if you look back to the 80s to early 2000s, gold price hover around $300-$400 for the 20+ years period. Very very flat. While an investment with just 4% return will already double the principal in 20 years

So it is not true to say gold is a "good hedge" against RM.

If a person is worried about US$ expenses (like you said), then choose a direct hedge for RM/USD. Why put another uncertainty and risk (ie gold price fluctuation) into the equation if the purpose is US$ hedging ?

You don't need a significant deposit to hedge against USD account. Buying US$ notes is so easy through money changer. And the spread is <1%. Compare to your cost of at least 4%
If a person holds gold for 3-5 years, it means that the holding cost with your company will be :

Buying and selling 2%+2% = 4%
Holding cost 3-5 years = 6% to 10%

The total cost for holding long term is 10% to 14%

Gold price must appreciate that much just to breakeven.

Whereas your competitor only charges slightly above 2% for their spread, regardless of years of holding.
I guess the main issue of your business model is your cost of investment relative to your competition. Your offer of convenience is very attractive (but I saw in the gold investment thread UOB is launching online gold investment as well soon ?). Your only advantage is that you cater to low value investment, which if you must get significant number of these group of people only that your turnover would be big enough to cover your running cost.

I hope you can find ways to reduce your cost so that you can attract the middle class investors.

The other natural progression if the cost of investment is kept high would be turning into MLM model. Then sharing of profits with the layers of "business entrepreneurs" will also be a good alternative to grow the business
With their cost model underlying buy sell each 2% fee, they will tutup business soon.

jack2
post Sep 18 2017, 03:33 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(Showtime747 @ Sep 18 2017, 02:03 PM)
No lah, I guess the operational cost is low. Tutup kedai wont lah. Want to expand fast, a bit difficult.

They can expand to other countries. Just small offices to setup in neighboring countries can do business already. They have already the website so infrastructure no problem

There will always be "not so smart" people around which don't compare cost. So business will always be there

When they grow bigger, they can lower their cost. Then average income segment can be targeted.

This business can do one...just need to be patient because growth will not be fast.
Those not smart people won't online to buy. Those online who buy one are smart
jack2
post Oct 2 2017, 05:18 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(pergimakanpekpek @ Oct 2 2017, 05:11 PM)
Why until now no answer??? hmm.gif
He is busying on ICO nod.gif
jack2
post Oct 2 2017, 07:11 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(pergimakanpekpek @ Oct 2 2017, 07:03 PM)
Lol...and I thought he is a genuine gold guy...the more I read about hello gold the less confident I have about this company
ya, he is just pusing u around
jack2
post Oct 3 2017, 06:26 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(pergimakanpekpek @ Oct 3 2017, 05:12 AM)
Ya this guy like to beat around the bush lmao...even hellogold website is not clear at what price you can redeem your physical gold bar and it should be a clear fomula for redeming your physical gold...and somemore they don't offer buyback...why no buyback??? Scared of fake gold then do proper assaying of gold purity as it should not be a problem for a gold company that is selling real gold...sound to me it just another paper gold company...

maybank once offer physical kijang emas gold coin but they withdrew it probably because people were withdrewing physical gold coin too many time lol...you can still buy kijang emas but they are all old minted coin...to my knowledge maybank will not mint anymore new physical gold coin/bar and now they are just selling paper gold which to me its a big scam of cause people say im crazy...allocated gold in maybank vault assign to you lol doh.gif maybank can say anything nobody can verify it...if war ever break out how am I going to claim my gold they melt it and break it up while war is going on lol...most probally when the was is over we discover the gold vault has long been emptied and the real gold is long gone lol
Cool. You do you know about the kijang emas? Long time ago I was going to invest into this Kijang emas but I did deep calculation and found that the return is not that attractive after take in the spread cost. So I did not invest further.

This HelloGold with 2% buy and sell charge - Lagi teruk lo puke.gif

jack2
post Dec 2 2017, 08:57 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

hellogold macam x laku

This post has been edited by jack2: Dec 2 2017, 08:58 PM
jack2
post Feb 18 2019, 05:29 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(honsiong @ Feb 11 2019, 05:31 PM)
Just left HelloGold investor telegram group, this startup macam isnt going anywhere. I still hope to be proven wrong.
failure project...
jack2
post Mar 10 2019, 09:39 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 10 2019, 09:09 PM)
yes they working 24/7
Don't bomb.
jack2
post Apr 27 2019, 06:50 AM

Mr