CIMB to paypal, Linking

views

wokies
post May 8 2017, 02:52 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(boonhan @ May 3 2017, 10:06 PM)
CIMB. beware of border charges. 0.8%

better go with public bank, remember to call them to activate online purchase if debit card, sometime debit by default is disabled online purchase.
so maybank or public bank better for paypal?...or got other bank to suggest?
shirohamada
post May 9 2017, 08:10 AM

Enthusiast
944 posts

QUOTE(ywliang96 @ Apr 27 2017, 12:09 AM)
I'm planning to open a saving account mainly for PayPal purchasing purpose. But I heard that CIMB block used for linking their debit card to PayPal.

Is it true?
Need to clarify this before making a saving account. Thank you
won't work. paypal blocks my cimb kwik, rhb debit.
they accept hsbc credit card.
yes, i called them to activate international purchase, it's on paypal/ebay side. works on aliexpress.

another thing you can do is open rhb savings and top up your pay pal with it. only bank in malaysia that can do it online.

This post has been edited by shirohamada: May 9 2017, 08:18 AM
saintnotsinner
post May 9 2017, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(ywliang96 @ Apr 27 2017, 01:09 AM)
I'm planning to open a saving account mainly for PayPal purchasing purpose. But I heard that CIMB block used for linking their debit card to PayPal.

Is it true?
RHB BRO.
Higgsboson8888
post Jun 22 2017, 12:24 PM

Casual
347 posts

I'm having trouble linking my CIMB to PayPal as well. It's been weeks and several calling to CIMB' CS won't help. I just wanna transfer the money to my bank account (not debit card, but in the future I would like to withdraw from with debit card lah), CIMB block as well?
jesseclane
post Jun 22 2017, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

I use my Kwik for Paypal. No issue after enabling CNP. For withdrawal, i use bank withdrawal instead. but need few days la
lunatique
post Jun 22 2017, 10:54 PM

Taking my sweet time reaching for the top
503 posts

I am have dealings with firms overseas, so far use RHB-Paypal no problem. Receive few times USD10 incentive sommore
PeinEVO
post Jun 24 2017, 01:40 AM

Casual
467 posts

eh just a couple of months ago i use cimb card to purchase something online through paypal. debit card though
skydrake
post Jun 24 2017, 01:52 PM

XiiX
986 posts

My cimb debit is blocked for online purchases or paypal, I ask at cimb branch they told me can do nothing about it. I'm not sure for those here reply that their cimb debit can, or maybe different cimb branch give different answe? i really do not know as I had solve this problem by use my cimb CC to link with paypal no problem.

I heard mbb debit is ok to use online purchasing after u enable tje features thru atm machine.
SticH
post Jun 25 2017, 09:05 AM

Enthusiast
947 posts

QUOTE(skydrake @ Jun 24 2017, 01:52 PM)
My cimb debit is blocked for online purchases or paypal, I ask at cimb branch they told me can do nothing about it. I'm not sure for those here reply that their cimb debit can, or maybe different cimb branch give different answe? i really do not know as I had solve this problem by use my cimb CC to link with paypal no problem.

I heard mbb debit is ok to use online purchasing after u enable tje features thru atm machine.
dont go to branch, directly call the hotline and demand authorization for online purchasing.

Anyway I wouldnt suggest cimb card for this, as they are charging extra fees/ exchange rate
skydrake
post Jun 25 2017, 03:40 PM

XiiX
986 posts

QUOTE(SticH @ Jun 25 2017, 09:05 AM)
dont go to branch, directly call the hotline and demand authorization for online purchasing.

Anyway I wouldnt suggest cimb card for this, as they are charging extra fees/ exchange rate
i see, i will take note for that. thx
kcy123
post Jul 3 2017, 10:42 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(PeinEVO @ Jun 24 2017, 01:40 AM)
eh just a couple of months ago i use cimb card to purchase something online through paypal. debit card though
Its true that they blocked paypal transaction. Even facebook ads payment too. I called justnow and was told the same thing about not being able to do anything. Apparently it's for security reasons and something about unauthorized transaction (need pin numbers). Time to switch bank i guess :/
fathiiiii
post Aug 8 2017, 09:52 AM

7 posts

i use cimb kwik too after the normal debit card declined few times. no need for otp.
mitchedward
post Sep 22 2017, 02:43 PM

0 posts

Hello, can anyone help me. im using public bank debit card. i linked to my paypal and withdraw money from paypal to public bank. but unfortunately, paypal reversed my transaction. anyone can help? i heard that msia bank has blocked all oversea transaction. is it any ways to enable the transaction? need help from you guys.sad.gif tq
wingle7
post Sep 23 2017, 04:59 PM

15 posts

Im using maybank link to paypal. Very difficult to verify this and that to active the account.
waynelimyh
post Nov 8 2017, 07:22 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ywliang96 @ Apr 27 2017, 12:09 AM)

Is it true?
I am writing to share my experience for payment using credit card for local purchases through handling agent of PayPal in Malaysia.

Please be mindful of such transactions and I personally will discourage any person with such intention for the usage. The issuance credit card party will levy an additional service charge due the gateway used is based in overseas.

In fact there is a legal and technical issue which I was helping PayPal to pursue to mitigate this matter for the interest of both users and PayPal.

Unfortunately they were disinterested to help themselves instead to let the users high and dry without knowing such additional charges by the credit card issuance party until it is too late for reversal.

Since this is the case, my advise to anyone to refrain from using the service if you don't want to be the victim of such circumstances.

waynelimyh
post Nov 8 2017, 07:25 PM

0 posts

I am writing to share my experience for payment using credit card for local purchases through handling agent of PayPal in Malaysia.

Please be mindful of such transactions and I personally will discourage any person with such intention for the usage. The issuance credit card party will levy an additional service charge due the gateway used is based in overseas.

In fact there is a legal and technical issue which I was helping PayPal to pursue to mitigate this matter for the interest of both users and PayPal.

Unfortunately they were disinterested to help themselves instead to let the users high and dry without knowing such additional charges by the credit card issuance party until it is too late for reversal.

Since this is the case, my advise to anyone to refrain from using the service if you don't want to be the victim of such circumstances.

rakionowner
post May 19 2018, 03:34 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

Lucky me, just use dbs acc which registered in sg just for saving and paypal. Dayummm great... the other way you can use debit card for sure !

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:53 PM