Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Programming, Programming Language

views

TSjunfeng98
post Apr 26 2017, 02:53 AM, updated 7y ago

4 posts

Hello There~I am the beginner of programming,i mean i am learning now~ biggrin.gif

That i watch in youtube about programming~They say beginner can learn Python first...

Can anybody else tell me what should i know first when i start learning the Python? confused.gif

because when i learn python in www.codeacademy.com... I follow the step but i cant understand concept and i stuck a lot~

like string?upper?lower?Dot notation?Variable? I dont understand what the hell is that... bangwall.gif

Can anybody gv some tips? notworthy.gif

Or some website for learning the Python language~ laugh.gif

Thank a lot notworthy.gif

dewill
post Apr 26 2017, 04:51 AM

Regular
1,716 posts

learn how to use it. and learn how to build something from it. The it is the method.
kingkingyyk
post Apr 26 2017, 06:00 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,425 posts

QUOTE(junfeng98 @ Apr 26 2017, 02:53 AM)
Hello There~I am the beginner of programming,i mean i am learning now~ biggrin.gif

That i watch in youtube about programming~They say beginner can learn Python first...

Can anybody else tell me what should i know first when i start learning the Python? confused.gif

because when i learn python in www.codeacademy.com... I follow the step but i cant understand concept and i stuck a lot~

like string?upper?lower?Dot notation?Variable? I dont understand what the hell is that... bangwall.gif

Can anybody gv some tips? notworthy.gif

Or some website for learning the Python language~ laugh.gif

Thank a lot notworthy.gif
Learning lower level language like C++/Java will definitely help you in understanding them. The abstraction to low level system detail is way lesser. Python is not a type-sensitive language so it can be confusing sometimes.

This post has been edited by kingkingyyk: Apr 26 2017, 06:01 AM
JC
post Apr 26 2017, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

Watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CodeOrg/videos
WongGei
post Apr 26 2017, 10:04 AM

Regular
1,206 posts

A lot of these terms are programming jargon. It means the theory of programming. The coding using IDE, debugging is the practical parts of it.
Most of the tutorial will skip the theory part of it cause they assume one has basic programming skill and done it before.
If you are really interested or got stuck, download some programming e-book and read the first few topics. They should cover the jargon you talking about.

http://www.oreilly.com/programming/free/a-...r-of-python.csp

Doraku
post May 8 2017, 03:11 AM

Old threads digger
1,121 posts

Try learning C programing basic first because it easy after that try learning c++ and c#
cant think of a username
post Aug 23 2017, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

the thing about python is that its an interpreted language... so you just have to install the interpreter (duh... python) and you're good to go. some other languages requires some extra setup if you wanna play around with it. python also has quite good support on the internet so thats a plus. and you can do almost anything you want with it and thats the fun thing about it,

i don't like some of python's syntax... just because im used to something else. also in the beginning the programing paradigm for python is different from what almost everyone uses, because its an interpreted language. but you can come somewhat close to the other common paradigm as you progress further with python.

so far most of the python tutorials ive seen assumes that you're familiar with with the jargon and somewhat familiar with the technical details.

so yeah, if you really need somewhere to start from the bear bottom.. try to go for the "for dummies" series of books. i don't know if they have anything good on python or programming in general but i've used a few in the past for other stuff and they seem ok. also, a college introductory to computer science book would be useful to help get a bigger picture when you're starting off.

owh yeah... if you want to code with python, i recommend using another editor other that the default python.
Ckmwpy0370
post Aug 23 2017, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,772 posts

suggest u explore C++ or java first before move to next other language as C++ or Java are the most ease to understand and i can said it give you strong foundation on programming

slwpdwn
post Sep 7 2017, 08:09 PM

14 posts

you can start learning c++ first.. you can learn online through coursera

https://www.coursera.org/learn/init-prog-cpp
bibirbieber
post Nov 24 2017, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
133 posts

Everyone will have their own suggestion on which language to learn first. I suggest you to have an objective first. What you want to use that programming language for. If you want to build mobile app, you can proceed with java. If you want to build web dev then you can try php. Its depend on you. And learn programming language by just reading or watching video wnt help much. Its same as mathematics, you have to do something with it then you will understand it better.
carbonytte
post Nov 24 2017, 05:13 PM

On my way
659 posts

start with C. And then C++.

One good place to begin is here : https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/ . You can learn till Structs and then start move to C++ for Object Oriented Programming.

From there onwards, moving to another language shouldn't be hard. The way you program may change (ie take Java vs C# vs CPP), but the fundamentals are same.
xiaoc.wu
post Dec 2 2017, 12:27 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

check out w3schools.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 AM