Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Am I capable of handling 5 subjects in Form 6?, Factors to take into consideration

views

SilverCrest
post May 11 2017, 08:15 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(icefire123 @ May 3 2017, 09:38 PM)
Theoretically speaking, the school is in no position to forbid you to do so. I don't recall any official letters whatsoever that grant the schools such rights.
However, since it will stain the school's results if you don't do well, so some schools decided not to let the students do so. It is just so wrong in my opinion. It is up to the students to pick what they want so long it doesn't violate the rules. The school should only give guidance to students whenever necessary and let them decide themselves.
Well the school is right in some way because it is really a tough job to handle all the subjects and some students who were not clear of that would just blindly go for it. But then you're right too Form 6 students do not have a lot of liberty in deciding the subjects as well as other aspects. I guess it's because the education mode is still very much like the one in Form4/5 instead of university-styled it creates a lot of restrictions to the students.
Gorila_
post May 12 2017, 01:37 PM

Casual
354 posts

I took 5 subject when it still the old stpm system. Definitely not my best decision. You will be forced to concentrate on 5 diff subject, and everyone of them need hard work to excel. In the end I only managed 3a 1b, 1B+. I gave up on physic last minute, hence the B, but it is actually easiest to score among the 3 science subject.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0101sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:37 PM