Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

External Hard disk problem

views

TSWalidAnakBulus
post Apr 22 2017, 10:27 PM, updated 7y ago

15 posts

Attached Image

i have a WD external hardisk. Been using for years. Suddenly there is a problem. When i connect it to my laptop, it won detect. But the Hardisk is vibrating and lights is on like it is functioning, so its not broken, but still it wont detect to my laptop or any PCs.

Brought to several repairing shop, and they can they can help, but the hardisk must be formatted. i was like, NO FREAKING WAY. sad.gif many memories are in there, my families, my friends, my beloved pets, my loved ones, my achievements, my pasts, my exes, my late grandma etc etc. i just cant afford to lose that all. sigh cry.gif

does anyone know what is the problem? is there any way to repair and save the memories as well? preferably near puchong/putrajaya/cyberjaya

Much much thank you for any responses. nod.gif

This post has been edited by WalidAnakBulus: Apr 22 2017, 10:28 PM
GOPI56
post Apr 22 2017, 10:29 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

QUOTE(WalidAnakBulus @ Apr 22 2017, 11:27 PM)
Attached Image

i have a WD external hardisk. Been using for years. Suddenly there is a problem. When i connect it to my laptop, it won detect. But the Hardisk is vibrating and lights is on like it is functioning, so its not broken, but still it wont detect to my laptop or any PCs.

Brought to several repairing shop, and they can they can help, but the hardisk must be formatted. i was like, NO FREAKING WAY.  sad.gif  many memories are in there, my families, my friends, my beloved pets, my loved ones, my achievements, my pasts, my exes, my late grandma etc etc. i just cant afford to lose that all. sigh  cry.gif

does anyone know what is the problem? is there any way to repair and save the memories as well? preferably near puchong/putrajaya/cyberjaya

Much much thank you for any responses.  nod.gif
Try connecting the hard disk to a different USB port or to a different PC or Laptop.

This post has been edited by GOPI56: Apr 22 2017, 10:43 PM
TSWalidAnakBulus
post Apr 22 2017, 10:44 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(GOPI56 @ Apr 22 2017, 10:29 PM)
Try connecting the hard disk to a other USB port.
already did. still not detected. also bought a new USB cable for it, again not helping. seems like a connection issue
GOPI56
post Apr 22 2017, 10:46 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

QUOTE(WalidAnakBulus @ Apr 22 2017, 11:44 PM)
already did. still not detected. also bought a new USB cable for it, again not helping. seems like a connection issue
Sometimes Windows is unable to detect the hard disk. Try this:

TSWalidAnakBulus
post Apr 23 2017, 04:01 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(GOPI56 @ Apr 22 2017, 10:46 PM)
Sometimes Windows is unable to detect the hard disk. Try this:

ok i will try that. But if its a Windows problem is it possible that it can detect my friend's one and cant detect mine?
ChairmanDrew
post Apr 23 2017, 10:28 AM

On my way
552 posts

QUOTE(WalidAnakBulus @ Apr 22 2017, 10:27 PM)

But the Hardisk is vibrating and lights is on like it is functioning, so its not broken,
Sorry to say, but there's a very good chance it is.

You could try removing it from the external enclosure and connecting it via sata to a desktop PC, like an internal drive, just in case it is the external enclosure connection that is busted.

Good luck, and never trust a single machanical drive with your life's memories.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:05 PM