Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Temperature when playing AAA games

ToiletMaster
post Apr 21 2017, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

here's my current rig at the moment, i still got alot of dust to clear >_>,

my idle at the moment seems to be like this currently as well.

hope it helps out with whatever issues that i have sad.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TristanX
post Apr 21 2017, 07:27 PM
Where is my stars?
Group Icon
Group: Elite

Your graphic card blocking most of the airflow from the bottom and cycling hot air. Upgrade your case or remove the optical drive and install a fan there.
+Quote Post
ToiletMaster
post Apr 21 2017, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(TristanX @ Apr 21 2017, 07:27 PM)
Your graphic card blocking most of the airflow from the bottom and cycling hot air. Upgrade your case or remove the optical drive and install a fan there.
I think removing the optical drive seems like a good idea, I don't actually use it anyway. Thanks for the tip! Anything else possibly I should take note of?

I'm definitely going dust it off with a compressed air soon, just need my hands on one
+Quote Post
leCat
post Apr 22 2017, 12:45 AM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ToiletMaster @ Apr 21 2017, 04:27 PM)
Thanks alot for the feedback! Glad to know that from here the stock cooler seems to be the culprit, if you don't mind could you share what is your current cooler at the moment?

And did you have to reapply the thermal paste into the processors once you've removed it to place the new cooler?
Thanks for letting me know! But for now I think I might think of doing something else for the time being instead of tweaking the voltage, I'm afraid I might mess up something and permanently damage the entire board haha
I'm using AMD Wraith Spire cooler right now, changed to Ryzen smile.gif

I did change the thermal paste before when I changed the cpu cooler, try to get Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, its one of the best right now biggrin.gif
The thermal paste you get from the new cpu cooler is good as well, they work biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
TristanX
post Apr 22 2017, 01:42 AM
Where is my stars?
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(ToiletMaster @ Apr 21 2017, 07:45 PM)
I think removing the optical drive seems like a good idea, I don't actually use it anyway. Thanks for the tip! Anything else possibly I should take note of?

I'm definitely going dust it off with a compressed air soon, just need my hands on one
Your Intel Stock Cooler looks like full of dust. Disassemble the heatsink, clear it with water and let it dry. Clear the old thermal compound and use a fresh one reinstalling it.

This post has been edited by TristanX: Apr 22 2017, 01:43 AM
+Quote Post
goldfries
post Apr 22 2017, 01:52 AM
40K Club
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

Whether CPU or GPU, as long as under 80c it's all good.

81c to 90c range - still fine but it's time to look at doing some cleaning / airflow improvement.

High-end graphics card rarely go over 75c these days, the fan will go with high RPM to keep things low. Cards like those using stock / reference cooler (eg Nvidia whatever model Founder's Edition) then the card reaching 80c is normal.
+Quote Post
ToiletMaster
post Apr 22 2017, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(leCat @ Apr 22 2017, 12:45 AM)
I'm using AMD Wraith Spire cooler right now, changed to Ryzen smile.gif

I did change the thermal paste before when I changed the cpu cooler, try to get Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, its one of the best right now biggrin.gif
The thermal paste you get from the new cpu cooler is good as well, they work biggrin.gif
Thanks alot for the advice! i'll definitely check it out smile.gif

QUOTE(TristanX @ Apr 22 2017, 01:42 AM)
Your Intel Stock Cooler looks like full of dust. Disassemble the heatsink, clear it with water and let it dry. Clear the old thermal compound and use a fresh one reinstalling it.
alright, got it! i'll probably test this out before directly purchasing a new one, if it doesn't work then i'll most likely get a new cooler.

QUOTE(goldfries @ Apr 22 2017, 01:52 AM)
Whether CPU or GPU, as long as under 80c it's all good.

81c to 90c range - still fine but it's time to look at doing some cleaning / airflow improvement.

High-end graphics card rarely go over 75c these days, the fan will go with high RPM to keep things low. Cards like those using stock / reference cooler (eg Nvidia whatever model Founder's Edition) then the card reaching 80c is normal.
Thanks for the advice! I noticed it's only on heavy AAA games like mass effect andromeda, i've played resident evil 7 yesterday and noticed that my card barely reaches 65, in fact my cpu was mostly at 55s only. But then again, dust seems to be the major concern here and i'll get that checked out.

One question though, i noticed the latest casings from everywhere does not have side panels with ventilation nor top panels, mostly fans are in the front and back i'm guessing to minimize dust intake. Would fans in the front and back be fine? mostly front pushing the air to back and the back exhausts it out.
+Quote Post
k!nex
post Yesterday, 03:03 PM
Restless stars

QUOTE(ToiletMaster @ Apr 22 2017, 12:43 PM)
Thanks alot for the advice! i'll definitely check it out smile.gif
alright, got it! i'll probably test this out before directly purchasing a new one, if it doesn't work then i'll most likely get a new cooler.
Thanks for the advice! I noticed it's only on heavy AAA games like mass effect andromeda, i've played resident evil 7 yesterday and noticed that my card barely reaches 65, in fact my cpu was mostly at 55s only. But then again, dust seems to be the major concern here and i'll get that checked out.

One question though, i noticed the latest casings from everywhere does not have side panels with ventilation nor top panels, mostly fans are in the front and back i'm guessing to minimize dust intake. Would fans in the front and back be fine? mostly front pushing the air to back and the back exhausts it out.
Most newer casings have top fans as exhaust as heat always rises up due to convection. The rear fan serve a good purpose to cool down the motherboard vrm as well. Seems like your casing is a bit too small for the amount of stuff u chuck in. Side fans for smaller casing are not popular anymore becoz i believe the fan might be blocking taller GPU.
+Quote Post
ToiletMaster
post Yesterday, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(k!nex @ Apr 26 2017, 03:03 PM)
Most newer casings have top fans as exhaust as heat always rises up due to convection. The rear fan serve a good purpose to cool down the motherboard vrm as well. Seems like your casing is a bit too small for the amount of stuff u chuck in. Side fans for smaller casing are not popular anymore becoz i believe the fan might be blocking taller GPU.
Thanks alot for the answer!

I saw some of my friends casing which they recently bought did not have top ventilation, therefore it struck to me whether if that reduces the intake of dust into the PC itself.

My top currently doesn't have any fan but as you mentioned, I could hot air coming out from the top portion, I'll be doing 2 things, removing the CD/DVD drive and place a fan there to see if that helps and also buying an additional CPU cooler to help it out, if that doesn't work then I'm considering getting an entire new casing
+Quote Post
eselai
post Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

This is just for temperature load and idle reference for gpu available.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gefor...i-review,9.html
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0614sec    7.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th April 2017 - 09:02 PM