Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA]Nissan Almera 2013, Rim size and maximum tyre width

views

TSLightningChan
post May 11 2017, 09:59 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ May 11 2017, 09:12 PM)
I wanted to give it a try on PS3. But not sure whether its end of life or truly being replaced by ps4. If really replaced by ps4, I don't want to try ps3 already. Maybe just cont with 003, but very noisy = =
Hmm.. I think PS3 is still good la.. For the time being PS4 not much size and its super expensive.
cheahhp
post Dec 6 2017, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(LightningChan @ May 9 2017, 09:04 AM)
In the end I went for 195/55 R15 BS Potenza Adenalin RE003. I believe its the least sacrifice to the purse and ride comfort trade-off for performance increase.
user posted image

Big body and small wheels. Cute!  wub.gif
On the bright side, my rim look larger and car looks lower now  rclxms.gif
user posted image

Maybe its new but the noise is considerably quieter than my old set of CC5. Instantly feel that the steering response as I can feel teh road  sweat.gif
Hi LightningChan. Thanks for sharing your post. I'm thinking of changing my stock tyres from 185/65/15 (24.5"diameter) to 185/60/15 (23.7"diameter) as I always go up genting. Needed faster pickup and hill climb power. Since you've changed your tyre size to 195/55/15 (23.4"diameter), what's the overall difference in terms of acceleration speed, hill climb power (due to higher revs), top speed, comfort and fuel consumption? Do you need any adjustment or tuning for ECU/ABS/etc? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.: also read and heard from sources that general rule for tyre change is quote..."so long as the outer diameter still respects the +1.5%/-2% range in terms of differences." If not the whole car system is screwed up, etc, etc...Your 195/55/15 is -4.5% in diameter from the stock tyre size of 185/65/15

TSLightningChan
post Dec 7 2017, 12:12 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(cheahhp @ Dec 6 2017, 11:44 PM)
Hi LightningChan. Thanks for sharing your post. I'm thinking of changing my stock tyres from 185/65/15 (24.5"diameter) to 185/60/15 (23.7"diameter) as I always go up genting. Needed faster pickup and hill climb power. Since you've changed your tyre size to 195/55/15 (23.4"diameter), what's the overall difference in terms of acceleration speed, hill climb power (due to higher revs), top speed, comfort and fuel consumption? Do you need any adjustment or tuning for ECU/ABS/etc? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.: also read and heard from sources that general rule for tyre change is quote..."so long as the outer diameter still respects the +1.5%/-2% range in terms of differences." If not the whole car system is screwed up, etc, etc...Your 195/55/15 is -4.5% in diameter from the stock tyre size of 185/65/15
Hi.. Honestly, I don't feel much difference in terms of FC and acceleration(pick up power). I do feel that handling is more firm now and I can take corners at higher speeds. Maybe due to the tyres I'm using also la.. haha sweat.gif

The tyre shop told me my actual speed will be less than what I see on the gauge. Which is a good thing I guess?. sweat.gif sweat.gif

Aside from performance, I have a ugly wide fender gap now. Which I plan to solve by lowering the car a bit with lowered springs or adjustable shocks soon to come la.. hehe..

Lastly, IMO, changing from 185/65 to 185/60 you won't feel much difference if not nothing at all.
cheahhp
post Dec 7 2017, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(LightningChan @ Dec 7 2017, 12:12 PM)
Hi.. Honestly, I don't feel much difference in terms of FC and acceleration(pick up power). I do feel that handling is more firm now and I can take corners at higher speeds. Maybe due to the tyres I'm using also la.. haha  sweat.gif

The tyre shop told me my actual speed will be less than what I see on the gauge. Which is a good thing I guess?.  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Aside from performance, I have a ugly wide fender gap now. Which I plan to solve by lowering the car a bit with lowered springs or adjustable shocks soon to come la.. hehe..

Lastly, IMO, changing from 185/65 to 185/60 you won't feel much difference if not nothing at all.
Hi.Thanks for your feedback.At least now, I've got a better idea where it stands. Great!
TSLightningChan
post Dec 8 2017, 03:47 PM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(cheahhp @ Dec 7 2017, 06:15 PM)
Hi.Thanks for your feedback.At least now, I've got a better idea where it stands. Great!
No worries smile.gif
IMO la, tyres play more major role in ride handling and stability rather than engine response.

If u want more engine response(high end power) with minimum hassle maybe you can try the K&N High Flow air filter or open pod filter + cold air intake. Next level would be changing extractor manifold and getting a straight pipe exhaust system at the cost of losing some torque(low end power). Thundering loud vroom vroom ah beng exhaust sound guaranteed laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by LightningChan: Dec 8 2017, 03:49 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 AM