Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ILLEGEAR Q5 Evo Thread, Performance on a Budget

xXAaronXx
post Sep 13 2017, 03:42 PM

My Love for AppleJack
Group: Senior Member

Check hard disk for bad sector. Ram running at 80% when idle?
n73photo
post Sep 15 2017, 09:46 AM

Group: Junior Member

Would anyone know if there are any compatible AC adapter for the Q5 evo? Preferably one that has a dimension smaller than the one supplied.

Also any idea how long Illegear usually keep stock on replaceable items such as batteries and AC adapter?
Smurfs
post Sep 15 2017, 05:09 PM

On my way

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Does the Illegear Q5 EVO comes with the tiny screw (refer to pic) for SSD upgrade?

During my purchase I didn't opt for the SSD options.
xXAaronXx
post Sep 15 2017, 06:35 PM

My Love for AppleJack

QUOTE(Smurfs @ Sep 15 2017, 05:09 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Does the Illegear Q5 EVO comes with the tiny screw (refer to pic) for SSD upgrade?

During my purchase I didn't opt for the SSD options.
I just checked, they do come with the tiny screw for M.2
Prince J
post Sep 15 2017, 09:16 PM

Regular

QUOTE(n73photo @ Sep 15 2017, 09:46 AM)
Would anyone know if there are any compatible AC adapter for the Q5 evo? Preferably one that has a dimension smaller than the one supplied.

Also any idea how long Illegear usually keep stock on replaceable items such as batteries and AC adapter?
Not recommend to do so. Those small adapter usually has smaller Watt input, might not be able to supply the power required.
subaashnair
post Sep 28 2017, 10:02 PM

Group: Newbie

Does this laptop support multi finger gesture like four finger and 3 finger swipe because i couldn't activate this feature. When i contacted Illegear with this they told me this laptop doesn't come with 3 to 4 finger gesture. I've included the response from Illegear team about this situation.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
xXAaronXx
post Sep 29 2017, 12:45 AM

My Love for AppleJack

QUOTE(subaashnair @ Sep 28 2017, 10:02 PM)
Does this laptop support multi finger gesture like four finger and 3 finger swipe because i couldn't activate this feature. When i contacted Illegear with this they told me this laptop doesn't come with 3 to 4 finger gesture. I've included the response from Illegear team about this situation.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
I'm not sure myself. The touchpad is able disable since day 1 as I use the mouse more than the touch pad. I'm not surprised if they don't support 3 or 4 finger as its to keep the price low since this is more of a gaming oriented laptop where people use the mouse more than the touch pad also I'm not sure whats your last picture about.
subaashnair
post Sep 29 2017, 02:14 PM

QUOTE(xXAaronXx @ Sep 29 2017, 12:45 AM)
I'm not sure myself. The touchpad is able disable since day 1 as I use the mouse more than the touch pad. I'm not surprised if they don't support 3 or 4 finger as its to keep the price low since this is more of a gaming oriented laptop where people use the mouse more than the touch pad also I'm not sure whats your last picture about.
Gaming oriented laptop don't need multi gesture that's a joke because even a base model laptop has it. Why not this ?
Prince J
post Sep 29 2017, 07:20 PM

Regular

QUOTE(subaashnair @ Sep 29 2017, 02:14 PM)
Gaming oriented laptop don't need multi gesture that's a joke because even a base model laptop has it. Why not this ?
It's actually a driver issue with the latest windows 10 update, the Q5 Evo definitely has multitouch gesture feature. Azim will send you the driver later.
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Sep 29 2017, 08:10 PM

QUOTE(subaashnair @ Sep 29 2017, 02:14 PM)
Hi Subaash,

We have liaised with the manufacturer regarding the touchpad and the three-finger click & flicking gestures are indeed working now with the latest driver. Kindly note that the three-finger clicking gesture can be used to launch certain applications (default is Internet Explorer, but can be customized to launch other apps instead within the Synaptics Control Panel) and the three-finger flicking gesture can be used to navigate through a series of photos when they are viewed on the default Windows Photo Viewer program.

You would have to uninstall the current driver, reboot, install the updated driver, reboot, and it should be working after that. If the three-finger gestures are still not working after installing, kindly update me via WhatsApp to schedule an RMA to diagnose your unit later.

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0675sec    5.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:10 PM