Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ultra racing bar stage 1

views

6UE5T
post Apr 17 2017, 06:10 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 05:09 PM)
remember come bak here to post review, i might go install the strut bar this weekend
You better do some reading first about what the functions of each bar coz they serve different purpose to fine tune the handling. Actually in the UR website they also got some explanation and illustration there, so go read that first. If you want to know which bar give the most noticeable impact, then it's the anti-roll bars because it reduces body roll during hard cornering by tying up the left & right suspension more/harder. Other bars like strut bars are more to just stiffen the chassis so the improvement would not be as noticeable as anti-roll bars. As for whether it's more dangerous in the wet, it depends on what bars you use and in which area. If you stiffen the rear too much compared to the front then you increase the over steer tendency which will be more pronounced in the wet. But for wet handling tires is more critical, so buy good ones. That's why you need to read and have some knowledge about the functions of the bars to suite your car and your driving preference, not just blindly install (unless you simply install all).
6UE5T
post Apr 18 2017, 10:29 AM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 18 2017, 08:45 AM)
yea i already did some research n reading on the website and past thread d. just here to get some info from people that have installed regarding ride becoming not so comfy as well as how much improvement is there.
If you install the whole full set then the chassis will be noticeably stiffer, hence you will of course feel the ride will be more firm especially on uneven surfaces. usually if you feel that your chassis has too much flexing then you go the full setup, otherwise you pick and choose how you want to alter the handling and focus on that area only. My suggestion is to start with the anti-roll bars first coz that gives the most noticeable improvement to the handling/cornering stability and would still remain reasonably comfortable ride. (You may want to check how much thicker the UR anti-roll bars are compared to your car's stock anti-roll bars. Generally the thicker they are, the less body roll it will be and the more noticeable the difference). You can start with the rear first to sharpen up your handling/reduce understeer typical of a FWD car. Then you try it first if you still want to stiffen the front with the front anti-roll bar if you feel the car becomes too pointy. If you are happy with it, then just stop there and no need to add anymore. So for example in my case, since I'm using RWD car with staggered tire sizes (wider at the rear), I want to neutralize the handling so I went for more rear stiffening with the rear anti-roll bar and lower arm bar. My rear anti-roll bar is also much thicker than std (4mm more) hence the improvement is really noticeable, however note also the stiffer the rear, the car might be have more snap oversteer. The front I don't do much but just try the front strut bar to reduce front flexing. So now I'm already quite happy with how it handles and stop there.

Have fun experimenting! laugh.gif
6UE5T
post Apr 18 2017, 04:22 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Apr 18 2017, 02:05 PM)
remove honda city...

buy vios trd
Hahaha, kesian TS la bro, already buy Honda City leh. biggrin.gif
6UE5T
post Apr 18 2017, 04:46 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 18 2017, 04:41 PM)
already half a year lo ><
Well still relatively new ownership.
6UE5T
post Apr 18 2017, 04:58 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 18 2017, 04:57 PM)
loving it so far but not as stable as my old car after 120kmph
What was your old car?
6UE5T
post May 3 2017, 07:24 PM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(eastwest @ May 3 2017, 07:19 PM)
which one is better? 2 point or 3 point strut bar? which one have more cons if involved in accident?
For ultimate stiffness of course 3 point is better but not all cars available with 3 point strut bars, most only can use 2 point.
6UE5T
post May 4 2017, 11:47 AM

On my way
549 posts

QUOTE(eastwest @ May 4 2017, 12:39 AM)
I'm now having a conflict, whether to take 2 point or 3 pont fsb.. But just afraid if something bad happen, most probably the 3 point fsb can have more disastrous effect.. Hmmm
I see
If got heavy frontal accident, I'm not sure too how the bar will react in this event. My suspicion is that the 3rd point which bolts into the firewall will affect the firewall structure more. However there are some high performance cars which already use 3pt strut bars as std, for example Lancer Evo.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0309sec    1.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 07:47 AM