9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ultra racing bar stage 1

views

DigitalMop
post Apr 17 2017, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

TS if u really want to know more about cars, suggest u go to EA autoworks at bukit jalil esplanad. u will learn more rather than hear from the net.
personally i to have a city 09. installed ARB and FSB, feels like a gokart, handling more precise. best part is no more oversteer during rain time. i do push my car to the limit. so it does make a different
Yong_5290
post Apr 17 2017, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

A single piece of rear anti roll bar is good enough
DigitalMop
post Apr 17 2017, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 10:07 AM)
i think i will go install either 1 first then c the different then only install the other 1
cheapest handling performance is adding those bars
if u want performace, suggest u upgrade ur alloy rims to japanese light weight rims to 205/45/17 and add on Continental sport contact or michellin PS4. expect good cornering,sacrifice comform, go thru pothole with caution
TSchinti
post Apr 17 2017, 10:18 AM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Apr 17 2017, 10:12 AM)
cheapest handling performance is adding those bars
if u want performace, suggest u upgrade ur alloy rims to japanese light weight rims to 205/45/17 and add on Continental sport contact or michellin PS4. expect good cornering,sacrifice comform, go thru pothole with caution
i currently have my eyes on advanti storm s1 rims as well as yokohama fleva v701 tyres, dun really race or anything so i think these should b enough as i still wan my car to b comfy. honestly i just wan my car to be able to corner without losing control n slowing down too much
ktek
post Apr 17 2017, 10:30 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,537 posts

front anti roll or strut tower bar. steering become fast.

noticeable even using ori spring and shock.
DigitalMop
post Apr 17 2017, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 10:18 AM)
i currently have my eyes on advanti storm s1 rims as well as yokohama fleva v701 tyres, dun really race or anything so i think these should b enough as i still wan my car to b comfy. honestly i just wan my car to be able to corner without losing control n slowing down too much
for the above u mention is good enough, ahh directional tires my fav. anyway stick to the above, adding bar will make ur car stiffer and make it more harsher and not really comfortable when comes to bumpy roads.

tires > bars
naveenkalai7
post Apr 17 2017, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

i put front bar for my saga flx 1.6se and changed stock rim to 16inch paired with rovelo sports A1 size 205 45 16r and put sports spring.. handling and cornering is much better.. yet still maintaining the comfort level about 90% from OEM..

Planning to put ARB by end of May..
TSchinti
post Apr 17 2017, 11:06 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(naveenkalai7 @ Apr 17 2017, 11:00 AM)
i put front bar for my saga flx 1.6se and changed stock rim to 16inch paired with rovelo sports A1 size 205 45 16r and put sports spring.. handling and cornering is much better.. yet still maintaining the comfort level about 90% from OEM..

Planning to put ARB by end of May..
wat sport spring r u using?
naveenkalai7
post Apr 17 2017, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 11:06 AM)
wat sport spring r u using?
D2 bro..
TSchinti
post Apr 17 2017, 11:56 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(naveenkalai7 @ Apr 17 2017, 11:50 AM)
D2 bro..
looks interesting, but guess not now. out of budget d after the safety bar, rims, and tyre
naveenkalai7
post Apr 17 2017, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 11:56 AM)
looks interesting, but guess not now. out of budget d after the safety bar, rims, and tyre
car modify is never ending hobby bro.. laugh.gif

but using sports pring with stock abs will shorten the abs lifespan.. and might have the fender rubbing problem when carry plp.. now i change rear spring to stock spring but retain front with sports spring.. that combo serves me well so far biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
FlamingFox
post Apr 17 2017, 04:29 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

Installed FSB today, the difference is apparent in a carpark with many sharp turns. The front feels planted to the ground even when you speed up a little faster than normal during the sharp turn. But that's not advisable in a carpark of course, later hit someone.
TSchinti
post Apr 17 2017, 04:31 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Apr 17 2017, 04:29 PM)
Installed FSB today, the difference is apparent in a carpark with many sharp turns. The front feels planted to the ground even when you speed up a little faster than normal during the sharp turn. But that's not advisable in a carpark of course, later hit someone.
hmm...so other than that what other different do u feel? good? bad?
FlamingFox
post Apr 17 2017, 04:50 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 04:31 PM)
hmm...so other than that what other different do u feel? good? bad?
It's probably a psychological effect, but I feel the front is heavier lol

It feels good of course when you turn and your car does not feel "lifted" off the ground on one side. But the real difference is when you install the rear ARB, next week only I can install coz no stock now.
TSchinti
post Apr 17 2017, 05:09 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Apr 17 2017, 04:50 PM)
It's probably a psychological effect, but I feel the front is heavier lol

It feels good of course when you turn and your car does not feel "lifted" off the ground on one side. But the real difference is when you install the rear ARB, next week only I can install coz no stock now.
remember come bak here to post review, i might go install the strut bar this weekend
6UE5T
post Apr 17 2017, 06:10 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 05:09 PM)
remember come bak here to post review, i might go install the strut bar this weekend
You better do some reading first about what the functions of each bar coz they serve different purpose to fine tune the handling. Actually in the UR website they also got some explanation and illustration there, so go read that first. If you want to know which bar give the most noticeable impact, then it's the anti-roll bars because it reduces body roll during hard cornering by tying up the left & right suspension more/harder. Other bars like strut bars are more to just stiffen the chassis so the improvement would not be as noticeable as anti-roll bars. As for whether it's more dangerous in the wet, it depends on what bars you use and in which area. If you stiffen the rear too much compared to the front then you increase the over steer tendency which will be more pronounced in the wet. But for wet handling tires is more critical, so buy good ones. That's why you need to read and have some knowledge about the functions of the bars to suite your car and your driving preference, not just blindly install (unless you simply install all).
FlamingFox
post Apr 17 2017, 08:51 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 17 2017, 05:09 PM)
You can do some reading here:

http://www.rabbittyreshop.com/ultra-racing

Per 6UE5T, you need to know what's​ the purpose of the bars and what is suited for you. What people normally buy is either ARB alone or both ARB + FSB (if budget allows).
TSchinti
post Apr 18 2017, 08:45 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Apr 17 2017, 06:10 PM)
You better do some reading first about what the functions of each bar coz they serve different purpose to fine tune the handling. Actually in the UR website they also got some explanation and illustration there, so go read that first. If you want to know which bar give the most noticeable impact, then it's the anti-roll bars because it reduces body roll during hard cornering by tying up the left & right suspension more/harder. Other bars like strut bars are more to just stiffen the chassis so the improvement would not be as noticeable as anti-roll bars. As for whether it's more dangerous in the wet, it depends on what bars you use and in which area. If you stiffen the rear too much compared to the front then you increase the over steer tendency which will be more pronounced in the wet. But for wet handling tires is more critical, so buy good ones. That's why you need to read and have some knowledge about the functions of the bars to suite your car and your driving preference, not just blindly install (unless you simply install all).
yea i already did some research n reading on the website and past thread d. just here to get some info from people that have installed regarding ride becoming not so comfy as well as how much improvement is there.

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Apr 17 2017, 08:51 PM)
You can do some reading here:

http://www.rabbittyreshop.com/ultra-racing

Per 6UE5T, you need to know what's​ the purpose of the bars and what is suited for you. What people normally buy is either ARB alone or both ARB + FSB (if budget allows).
btw, u installed in rabbit tyre?

This post has been edited by chinti: Apr 18 2017, 08:47 AM
FlamingFox
post Apr 18 2017, 10:00 AM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Apr 18 2017, 08:45 AM)
btw, u installed in rabbit tyre?
Yeah, coz I checked the Malaysian dealers in UR website, this is the nearest to my house. Very scared of purchasing a counterfeit product.
TSchinti
post Apr 18 2017, 10:01 AM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Apr 18 2017, 10:00 AM)
Yeah, coz I checked the Malaysian dealers in UR website, this is the nearest to my house. Very scared of purchasing a counterfeit product.
how much is urs?

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM