QUOTE(ljf123 @ Apr 28 2017, 08:12 PM)
TFM injured sad.gif
Wtf....another?
Next season must have bigger squad & more rotation
and85rew
post Apr 28 2017, 10:40 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

Marca..official Real Madrid mouthpiece..have made their move by publishing news that De Gea have asked to move to Real Madrid...
TSalien2003
post Apr 28 2017, 11:34 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Staff
12,754 posts

TEAM NEWS UPDATE FOR UNITED V SWANSEA

Jose Mourinho has provided a detailed update on the fitness and availability of a number of key players as the Manchester United boss juggles injury and suspension issues.

The Reds manager spoke to the press after Thursday's goalless draw at Manchester City and confirmed that Tim Fosu-Mensah has joined the injury list, while Marouane Fellaini will now miss the next three games following his derby dismissal.

There was some better news for the Reds when Mourinho confirmed that Juan Mata is edging closer to a return and Paul Pogba is likely to be back for the trip to Celta Vigo next Thursday.

Mourinho also discussed the possibility of Wayne Rooney playing in midfield against Swansea at Old Trafford, saying: "It's an option. We have Herrera and Carrick and nothing else. Tim is another one that we miss so we are in trouble but we will fight that’s for sure.

"I think the first one to be back is Mata, which gives us another option in attack but, in reality, what we need now is one of the two central defenders to be back."

The boss was asked about the possibility of resting the in-form Eric Bailly for Sunday's match and giving a run-out to promising young defender Axel Tuanzebe. Such is United's lack of central defenders at present, the manager joked he might even play himself!

"I am also training hard in the gym so I can be an option also – Mourinho and Tuanzebe against Swansea!

"In this moment, Eric is the only option we have – it’s Axel, Eric and Daley [Blind]. I think Eric and Daley played again absolutely amazing [against City]. I have to speak with them and see how they are and see how they feel."

United's lack of options through injury and suspension in midfield led to reporters questioning Mourinho about whether or not it was a mistake to let Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger leave.

"To have lots of players without playing is something the players don’t want," said the manager. "We didn’t tell Morgan we wanted to sell him. Morgan asked, 'Please sell me, I want to go. I want to play every game.'

"Sometimes there is always this dilemma, to keep a bigger squad but the players don’t want to stay. Even young players, when they’re not playing, they ask to leave so it is very hard.

"We’re arriving at an extreme situation where I think it must be unique in football with two cruciate ligament injuries in the same match. In my career, I had one player in 17 years [injuring his cruciate]. Now, against Anderlecht, I have two in one match and we are very unlucky, it’s the only thing we can say.

"The other small injuries – Pogba and [Antonio] Valencia in the last week - are injuries due to fatigue and the accumulation of matches, which is normal."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features...y-30-april.aspx
sonicbull
post Apr 29 2017, 11:21 AM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 28 2017, 09:21 PM)
Wtf....another?
Next season must have bigger squad & more rotation
We can have a big squad but we need players willing to be patient by not being a first choice. Well, I'm sure Jose & his team will plan well before next season.

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 28 2017, 10:40 PM)
Marca..official Real Madrid mouthpiece..have made their move by publishing news that De Gea have asked to move to Real Madrid...
Seems like he's going. His GF is at Madrid and he's selling his house in U.K. No point having the best GK but not focus in the game. Sad to see him leave but that's why clubs should develop local lads into first team which tend to have better loyalty towards the club & not distracted by families in overseas.
TSalien2003
post Apr 29 2017, 12:37 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Staff
12,754 posts

Manchester United has revealed plans to honour Nigerian football fans who died last week following an accident in the south-eastern city of Calabar.

The tragedy, which claimed the lives of at least seven people, happened when an electric cable fell on fans watching a Manchester United match on TV.

The English club tweeted that its players will wear black armbands on Sunday in memory of the victims.

English football has a large and passionate following in Nigeria.

The high-tension cable fell on a crowded shack which was showing the Europa League quarter-final against Anderlecht.

One witnesses said the building had a zinc roof which conducted the electricity to those watching inside.

In addition to the dead, at least 30 people were rushed to hospital by local ambulances.

Some eyewitnesses said the number of people who died was higher than the official toll of seven.

It is unclear what caused the electric cable to collapse. The BBC understands an investigation into the incident is underway.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39744863

and85rew
post Apr 29 2017, 12:48 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Apr 29 2017, 11:21 AM)
We can have a big squad but we need players willing to be patient by not being a  first choice. Well, I'm sure Jose & his team will plan well before next season.
Seems like he's going. His GF is at Madrid and he's selling his house in U.K.  No point having the best GK but not focus in the game. Sad to see him leave but that's why clubs should develop local lads into first team which tend to have better loyalty towards the club & not distracted by families in overseas.
Yeah...well..Man Utd must swap some stars from Madrid..maybe Kroos if possible since Carrick & Rooney likely to leave

About time to end this saga..with world record fee

Hopefully more chances for Rashford&Martial next season..also the local players to step up to first team
TSalien2003
post Apr 29 2017, 01:20 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Staff
12,754 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 29 2017, 12:48 PM)
Yeah...well..Man Utd must swap some stars from Madrid..maybe Kroos if possible since Carrick & Rooney likely to leave

Hopefully more chances for Rashford&Martial next season..also the local players to step up to first team
Or we troll RM by selling him to AM when nego for both Griezmann + Oblak laugh.gif
sonicbull
post Apr 29 2017, 01:30 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 29 2017, 12:48 PM)

I guess the players shall wait whether Utd qualify for champions league or not. Rooney possibly return to Everton unless he told Jose he can play midfield?, carrick maybe can get another 1 yr extension as he can still contribute on the field. We need some senior players (for example, look at Arsenal giving the armband to Gibbs)

Januzaj, pereira should be given a chance after a year out on loan with much playing time.

I guess we need to buy 1 player for each position to challenge for title:
Striker (Griezmann)
Winger/inside forward (Willian/Douglas costa/neymar)
MC (James Rodriguez)
DC - Michael Keane?(homegrown)
DR
DL (b.mendy)
GK (k.schmeichel)

and85rew
post Apr 29 2017, 01:44 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

QUOTE(alien2003 @ Apr 29 2017, 01:20 PM)
Or we troll RM by selling him to AM when nego for both Griezmann + Oblak  laugh.gif
That will be ultimate troll tongue.gif

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Apr 29 2017, 01:30 PM)
I guess the players shall wait whether Utd qualify for champions league or not. Rooney possibly return to Everton unless he told Jose he can play midfield?, carrick maybe can get another 1 yr extension as he can still contribute on the field. We need some senior players (for example, look at Arsenal giving the armband to Gibbs)

Januzaj, pereira should be given a chance after a year out on loan with much playing time.

I guess we need to buy 1 player for each position to challenge for title:
Striker (Griezmann)
Winger/inside forward (Willian/Douglas costa/neymar)
MC (James Rodriguez)
DC - Michael Keane?(homegrown)
DR
DL (b.mendy)
GK (k.schmeichel)
Would prefer Bakayoko..DM position is very important..Keane will be expensive
Buy a striker means end of zlatan..maybe should push for Rashford/Martial more?
TSalien2003
post Apr 29 2017, 02:06 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Staff
12,754 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 29 2017, 01:44 PM)

We did paid 30mil for Rio so biggrin.gif

Even IF we are to offer Zlatan another contract, he won't be fit any time soon. ACL injury we are usually lookint at 6-9 mths of recovery. Not to mention at his current age, who knows if it will take even longer?

Both Rashford and Martial will get their chances but then inconsistency will still be part of their game since they are still young.

We need someone ready to lead the line straight away.

This post has been edited by alien2003: Apr 29 2017, 02:08 PM
and85rew
post Apr 29 2017, 02:12 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

QUOTE(alien2003 @ Apr 29 2017, 02:06 PM)
We did paid 30mil for Rio so  biggrin.gif
Even IF we are to offer Zlatan another contract, he won't be fit any time soon. ACL injury we are usually lookint at 6-9 mths of recovery. Not to mention at his current age, who knows if it will take even longer?

Both Rashford and Martial will get their chances but then inconsistency will still be part of their game since they are still young.

We need someone ready to lead the line straight away.
Dont tell me it is Lukaku...
sonicbull
post Apr 29 2017, 02:17 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 29 2017, 01:44 PM)
Play blind as dmc. Is bakayoko similar to kante? Then it's ok. I'll google him later. Keane is English, in national squad, proven in EPL & homegrown, so worth it.

Griezmann can play on the wings too but it's evident we are over reliant on zlatan, so not an issue of playing time. EPL has no winter break and also need to challenge 4 competitions. You need to be in your best condition to win games as opposition teams are good too. Of course I like to see martial & rashford to play more so let's wait & see

Look at Monaco & Ajax team. Falcao flop for 2 seasons in EPL & he's in UCL semi final now. Ajax, youngest squad in European competition. I definitely don't want to see Utd humiliated like Barca,psg, Arsenal, m.city & Bayern in Europe.

In bpl, c.palace destroyed Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool. You are not guaranteed top4. Everton & Southampton are always improving
and85rew
post Apr 29 2017, 02:21 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

QUOTE(sonicbull @ Apr 29 2017, 02:17 PM)
Play blind as dmc. Is bakayoko similar to kante? Then it's ok. I'll google him later. Keane is English, in national squad, proven in EPL & homegrown, so worth it.

Griezmann can play on the wings too but it's evident we are over reliant on zlatan, so not an issue of playing time. EPL has no winter break and also need to challenge 4 competitions. You need to be in your best condition to win games as opposition teams are good too. Of course I like to see martial & rashford to play more so let's wait & see

Look at Monaco & Ajax team. Falcao flop for 2 seasons in EPL & he's in UCL semi final now. Ajax, youngest squad in European competition. I definitely don't want to see Utd humiliated like Barca,psg, Arsenal, m.city & Bayern in Europe.

In bpl, c.palace destroyed Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool. You are not guaranteed top4. Everton & Southampton are always improving
To be Bakayoko is like Yaya Toure
Can make surging runs to break opponent
Griezzman...EPL is physical and he will need time to adapt
Keane...good but just costly..LVG should put buy back clause
onepack
post Apr 29 2017, 02:50 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Apr 29 2017, 02:12 PM)
Dont tell me it is Lukaku...
its romelu then tongue.gif

This post has been edited by onepack: Apr 29 2017, 02:50 PM
bansai
post Apr 29 2017, 03:00 PM

Enthusiast
781 posts

Fighters incoming... Serge aurier, marquinhos, griezmann.. And one more DM
sonicbull
post Apr 29 2017, 03:47 PM

On my way
503 posts

QUOTE(bansai @ Apr 29 2017, 03:00 PM)
Fighters incoming... Serge aurier, marquinhos, griezmann.. And one more DM
We need some homegrown players as well for European games. That's why m.city spent stones for GBP50million. We definitely don't want to panic buy just to fulfill UEFA requirements.

124 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:23 AM