4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asus SUCKS

views

edmund_yung
post Apr 6 2017, 05:53 PM

Regular
1,194 posts

oh they finally fixed it! after warranty ended, good strategy tho.
kahyeec
post Apr 6 2017, 06:06 PM

Regular
1,149 posts

QUOTE(GameSky @ Apr 4 2017, 09:58 AM)
From my experience, any asus laptop costs under 2k normally got higher failure rate.
This I cannot agree more. Help a friend Bought a Asus X series i5 RM1999 in 2014. Use a few month Wifi Can connect but no data transfer. Then slow bootup.Want to send to ASUS Service Center he say got put company accounts and previous company account info in the laptop , scared got any problem cannot retrieve. So now use sparingly to show to auditors and company stuff only .

Last year he want to open new shop need another laptop computer this time die die ask him to buy RM3999 HP Pavillion i7 latest Gen chip with SSD biggrin.gif

I think any brand if the flagship line or the Gamer line top tier one should be good . The moment the word "Budget" comes in. All flash to the toilet already.
TSjohnyii0216
post Apr 11 2017, 11:29 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(Mubarak90 @ Apr 6 2017, 02:29 PM)
My experience with Asus laptops has been great so far, have 5 around the house and also suggested to some of my friends during studies, and theirs were fine too. I do believe that there is a probability that some model have more issues than the others though.

Also regarding the after-sales service support, 90% of the people who mentioned they went for Asus' service centre (from reading comments) have said that they're really unhelpful. I do have experience after-sales service myself, but they simply said that my product was no longer under support (already more than 4 years of use though) .
They are bunch of idiots who don't fuc*kin care what problems we encountered and have no manners at all. F them la
pandera999
post Apr 12 2017, 09:42 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(johnyii0216 @ Apr 11 2017, 11:29 AM)
They are bunch of idiots who don't fuc*kin care what problems we encountered and have no manners at all. F them la
what he said is true.. some model.. having bad issue.... not only asus but other brand as well.... but everyone agree that asus have bad warranty services. the worst to be exact... certain model is ok and lucky enuf.. his unit not even encounter any problems... he just telling his experience and his opinion and you curse at him. geez, malaysian dont even like to hear other people opinion and straight judge doh.gif
R4yMoNd
post Apr 22 2017, 01:46 PM

1,120 posts

I bought several laptop in the past and I still remember one of my Asus laptop have a deadpixel and I only realize it once I arrived home. They didnt bother to replace it. and then keyboard issue after 6months. manage to replace it on my own instead waiting for RMA.
Few years after that bought a brand new ASUS ROG laptop, and return it due to shadow like a wire on the red logo behind the display. manage to get replacement, but another defect on the replacement unit (trackpad not detected, and need to reinstall driver everytime restart. so the shop have been very helpful and accept the fault, and replace to the third unit. Third unit no problem, but all the experience such a hassle for me to go back and forth.

This post has been edited by R4yMoNd: Apr 22 2017, 01:47 PM
Zaryl
post Apr 27 2017, 04:24 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

i'm using asus zenbook UX305UA, cost me RM3,999. bought it last year July at ASUS lowyat plaza 2nd floor.

so far no problem. used it mainly for work and some light multimedia consumption.
fingers cross this ultrabook will last me 10 years or so. hmm.gif

last time i had HP envy 17 laptop bought in 2011. quite a beast. used mainly for work, some AUTOCAD & hardcore research simulation works. now, i just keep at home because the thing weigh 3.2kg and i don't i can bear to bring that to office anymore. But it still works until today.

Gaming wise, i only game on PS3. Now i game on PS4 Pro.

PC is only meant for work/multimedia/research works.

STAY AWAY FROM gaming if you want to prolong your laptop/PC to 10-20 years of life.
Give pity la to your GPU/CPU, they have to work harder to play that Dota2 on maximum graphics settings.

rclxs0.gif

pandera999
post Apr 28 2017, 11:08 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Apr 27 2017, 04:24 PM)
i'm using asus zenbook UX305UA, cost me RM3,999. bought it last year July at ASUS lowyat plaza 2nd floor.

so far no problem. used it mainly for work and some light multimedia consumption.
fingers cross this ultrabook will last me 10 years or so.  hmm.gif

last time i had HP envy 17 laptop bought in 2011. quite a beast. used mainly for work, some AUTOCAD & hardcore research simulation works. now, i just keep at home because the thing weigh 3.2kg and i don't i can bear to bring that to office anymore. But it still works until today.

Gaming wise, i only game on PS3. Now i game on PS4 Pro.

PC is only meant for work/multimedia/research works.

STAY AWAY FROM gaming if you want to prolong your laptop/PC to 10-20 years of life.
Give pity la to your GPU/CPU, they have to work harder to play that Dota2 on maximum graphics settings.

rclxs0.gif
some user will do this..
"buy kancil, but want use it as racing sport car/use it in logging area"

but sometimes, faulty hardware (just unlucky) when claim warranty sure killing you.. bought my x43de last time... at shop try, ok.. good.. once bring home.. still ok. nxt day, cant even turn on... and found out the hdd is dead.. glad i wait for 2 weeks doh.gif
pandera999
post Apr 28 2017, 11:24 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(madik619 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:18 AM)
I do not think it is a brand issue but manufacturing problem. Not everyone in the world has same issue like Note 7, some explode but some not. probably user handling issue too?

I'm using Samsung with touch screen and best still working fine after 3 years.
some people blame the entire brand itself.. but for warranty claim and service, cant denied, asus is kinda bad tho...
benson92
post Apr 28 2017, 11:29 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(johnyii0216 @ Apr 3 2017, 01:21 PM)
Yea you're lucky af. I think 9 out of 10 Asus notebooks will have problem. Ikr, technician in Asus centre told me the same thibg so I bought a cooling pad and even tried to switch on the aircond when it's overheating but to no avail. All in all, Asus is overrated. I gotta say not everything is true when u google. (Try google Top 10 laptop brand) I mean how the hell can Asus be in the top spot. Those writers get paid by Asus i bet. Duh.
then i must be the 1/10 biggrin.gif 5 years asus still standing but a bit slow now haha
MneN
post Apr 28 2017, 11:34 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(madik619 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:18 AM)
I do not think it is a brand issue but manufacturing problem. Not everyone in the world has same issue like Note 7, some explode but some not. probably user handling issue too?

I'm using Samsung with touch screen and best still working fine after 3 years.
it is QC - Quality Control

before buy, check product review from other like amazon, newegg..

otua
post Apr 28 2017, 11:39 AM

Casual
499 posts

avoid at all cost
pandera999
post Apr 28 2017, 02:35 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(madik619 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:27 AM)
We cannot blame the warranty, because it has stated clearly in there the term and condition but you only not bother to read it because too many words. But, Customer Service, you can blast them if the service is below par to international standard. better avoid bad customer service rather than warranty expiry.
wise, yes.. agree with you nod.gif
@skynet@
post Apr 29 2017, 03:49 PM

16 posts

i owned 3 Nos of Asus Laptop, bought each 10 year ago, 5 years ago, and the latest is 2 year agos, it all went well, and still can be used, it work well for me, i even recommend Asus brand to my friends
longinusshortleg
post Dec 16 2018, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

Not to choose sides but I have had my Asus laptop for 8 years and counting... It was K-series and no problem with hardware and software. Hard disk drive is becoming slow so I'm just gonna swap it out for SSD.

It is Intel 2xx generation, now it's already 8xx biggrin.gif still can Dota and L4D.

I agree there're problems with certain model (especially thinner ones) but dammit after 8 years I'm gonna give Asus another chance.

This post has been edited by longinusshortleg: Dec 16 2018, 11:43 AM
ZM Fong
post Dec 17 2018, 12:38 AM

Laptop advisor
8,240 posts

QUOTE(longinusshortleg @ Dec 16 2018, 11:42 AM)
Not to choose sides but I have had my Asus laptop for 8 years and counting... It was K-series and no problem with hardware and software. Hard disk drive is becoming slow so I'm just gonna swap it out for SSD.

It is Intel 2xx generation, now it's already 8xx biggrin.gif still can Dota and L4D.

I agree there're problems with certain model (especially thinner ones) but dammit after 8 years I'm gonna give Asus another chance.
Asus quality has dropped noticeably these days. Not to mention horrible after sales service
imin
post Dec 18 2018, 01:33 AM

Enthusiast
814 posts

QUOTE(longinusshortleg @ Dec 16 2018, 11:42 AM)

Old Asus lappy was good and made to last. My bro had an asus laptop for more than 7 years iinm. And also Asus' support WAS very good. Last time (about 6, 7 years ago) my colleague had a problem with his Asus laptop. He sent it to an Asus CS (in lowyat IINM) and got it repaired in a very short time. Additionally, part of his laptop's body/casing was broken and Asus replaced the broken part for free. I was mightily impressed by Asus back then.

Fast forward to now and look what happened to Asus' QC and support LOL.
ZM Fong
post Dec 18 2018, 01:56 PM

Laptop advisor
8,240 posts

QUOTE(imin @ Dec 18 2018, 01:33 AM)
Old Asus lappy was good and made to last. My bro had an asus laptop for more than 7 years iinm. And also Asus' support WAS very good. Last time (about 6, 7 years ago) my colleague had a problem with his Asus laptop. He sent it to an Asus CS (in lowyat IINM) and got it repaired in a very short time. Additionally, part of his laptop's body/casing was broken and Asus replaced the broken part for free. I was mightily impressed by Asus back then.

Fast forward to now and look what happened to Asus' QC and support LOL.
Those days...
j3srocks
post Dec 18 2018, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

My ASUS laptop since 2014, so far had to change the cpu fan, and most recently replace the power port. But other than that, its going strong.
fallenseal
post Dec 18 2018, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

their fews year back model were really good though but it seem their latest model seem to have more problem if compared with other brands my colleague just got UX331 zenbook two weeks ago and wifi having issue keep disconnecting and have to send in service center for a week to replace the wifi card
STANLee8808
post Dec 20 2018, 10:10 AM

34 posts

My experience Dell is the best service ever, my dell monitor has screen problem after 3 years, After check, they replaced new unit same model to me. i'm really surprised for this. haha

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 PM