Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Marriage Registration. Change IC address., Sarawakian + West Malaysian.

views

TSclivengu
post Apr 2 2017, 11:16 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,849 posts

My girlfriend & I are getting marry end of the year. I am a Sarawakian, and she is from Negeri Sembilan. But we currently living in kl, with a permanent address here.
We heard a lot of people saying to make registration simpler, without the need to travel back to sarawak & negeri sembilan, we both need to change our IC address to KL address.
I have talked to my parents about our plan, and seem like they disagree with what I am doing, as they think I will lost my sarawakian status by doing so. It will means that next time when I go back to sarawak , I will need to fill up immigration form upon arrival, just like any west Malaysian.
My parents remind me must keep the "K" on the bottom right corner of my IC... as that confirms I am from Sabah/Sarawak. I can continue to change my IC address to KL address.

My question will be, just by changing IC address to KL, while keeping my "K" sarawakian status in the IC, can I still do all the marriage registration with JPN in KL? Or I must sacrifice my sarawakian status just because I need the convenience of marriage registration here? Anyone knows or been through this situation, please kindly advice. notworthy.gif

Thank you!

fireballs
post Apr 2 2017, 11:21 PM

5,627 posts

edited
sorry seems like you do need to reside in the district stated in ic if do in NRD
no need if in church/temple

regardless where you register address, your K stays with you.
just remember to apply K for your kids later.

congrats!

This post has been edited by fireballs: Apr 2 2017, 11:29 PM
TSclivengu
post Apr 2 2017, 11:26 PM

Regular
1,849 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Apr 2 2017, 11:21 PM)
no need to change address. you can get married anywhere.
changing address means changing vote area also.

and yes. regardless where you go, your K stays with you.
just remember to apply K for your kids later.
The reason we want to change address, is so that we no need to go back sarawak to do all the process... like put our pictures on the noticeboard to see if anyone bantah or not. We will like to do everything in KL.

I do not mind changing vote area, as I will be staying in KL for long term (Though I will miss this year voting right dry.gif )

So my K will remain no matter where my address are, then it will be good! Thanks for the advice. thumbup.gif
fireballs
post Apr 2 2017, 11:29 PM

5,627 posts

according to NRD, you need to reside in area
http://www.jpn.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/b...iannational.pdf

according to church/temple, no need
http://www.jpn.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/b...association.pdf

The place of application is based on the address stated in the MyKad (for Malaysian) or the residential address in Malaysia (for non-citizen). This requirement does not apply for solemnization and registration of marriages in churches, temples and associations.

so.. just do it in temple
shinobikit
post Apr 6 2017, 07:49 PM

Honey Bunny
900 posts

do in temple... easy.
MiLKTea
post Apr 25 2017, 03:03 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

Do at temple no need change address.
TSclivengu
post Apr 27 2017, 11:08 AM

Regular
1,849 posts

Thanks guys. All done in temple. IC also no need change. Not as troublesome as I thought it will be biggrin.gif
pipip
post May 1 2017, 09:04 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(clivengu @ Apr 27 2017, 11:08 AM)
Thanks guys. All done in temple. IC also no need change. Not as troublesome as I thought it will be biggrin.gif
Bro, i am also getting married next year.

Need to check something with you. Even though you will be getting married in the temple, however u will still need to go and register in JPN putrajaya right?
When u went to JPN Putrajaya, did they request you to change your IC, to update your latest adress?
Because i have been living in KL for the past 10 years but my current address in my IC is still my Penang adress. I do not want to change my adress to KL.

Thanks in advance for your advise bro.
TSclivengu
post May 1 2017, 09:55 PM

Regular
1,849 posts

QUOTE(pipip @ May 1 2017, 09:04 PM)
Bro, i am also getting married next year.

Need to check something with you. Even though you will be getting married in the temple, however u will still need to go and register in JPN putrajaya right?
When u went to JPN Putrajaya, did they request you to change your IC, to update your latest adress?
Because i have been living in KL for the past 10 years but my current address in my IC is still my Penang adress. I do not want to change my adress  to KL.

Thanks in advance for your advise bro.
Yes. If you having your rom in the temple, you will still need to register in JPN. They recommend us go directly to JPN at Mont Kiara (opposite publika) because they can check everything there, just in case there is any complication.

My IC is from Sarawak. They never request me to change IC or update my latest address. No problem here. rclxms.gif
pipip
post May 2 2017, 11:52 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(clivengu @ May 1 2017, 09:55 PM)
Yes. If you having your rom in the temple, you will still need to register in JPN. They recommend us go directly to JPN at Mont Kiara (opposite publika) because they can check everything there, just in case there is any complication.

My IC is from Sarawak. They never request me to change IC or update my latest address. No problem here.  rclxms.gif
good news indeed rclxm9.gif
thanks bro
reehdus
post Jul 26 2017, 01:20 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

Bros, can just confirm where did you guys do the registration? I'm currently in the process also, trying to figure out which temple can do. Me and fiance are from different state. Do we need to go to collect and submit the KC02 form in our own state still?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 PM