UPDATE 30 DECEMBER 2018: Want your city/town scanned? Then donate us your spare unused devices and we will do just that!
We have begun/resumed a non-dedicated (may stop functioning at any time) raid-only trial scanning for Kuching and Kuala Lumpur area.
Currently only possible to scan with real phone devices. Because of this, we’re appealing to anyone for donations of PoGO supported spare devices so that we can scan more areas/and more efficiently.
Each device can scan a whole city (not so efficient but possible) so we’re not that Far Fetched (hah) from our target of scanning the whole of Malaysia if everyone would donate their spare devices!
Please mail us at email@example.com or contact me directly in our discord channel for further details[/quote]
As scanned from devices: https://imgur.com/a/nqpG9J0
Note: There is a major bug that causes the map not to start at your location despite allowing location access. Please clear settings via top right button to resolve this issue
This thead may be outdated, for the latest info please refer to our main hub page: s2g.my/malaysia-live-pokemon-go-map-main-hub/
Information below is outdated and is left here just for reference
Early 2018 Overhaul Changelog (Update: 25 February 2018)
[Note: Please reset settings via top right button if you haven’t since this new overhaul was implemented]
1. Full weather support including displaying boundary cells and if boosted for spawns
2. Full EX(clusive) Raid and gym detection support. You are able to toggle to only show gyms and raids that are eligible for EX Raid
3. Full OpenStreetMap map tile/style support which is what Pokemon Go uses for everything from Pokemon spawn biome and EX Raid park boundary. [You can enable this at Top left button (Options) -> Style -> Map Style]
4. WebMap settings export/importing. [Please do not export settings until you performed ‘reset settings’ as indicated above]
5. Removed ‘clustering’ display. This means you can see all Pokemon based on your settings despite being zoom out
6. Expanded coverage for all existing areas. [No new coverage planned yet due to very limited resources despite resource scaling/optimizations]
Todo (expect these soon):
1. Highly detailed stats page showing statistics for gyms, raids, Pokemon and many others
2. 24/7 IV and misc. information scanning for all areas
3. Resolve stability issues: notifications, IV scanner, new map coverage
1. ‘Start map at my position’ feature not working despite allowing location access and other minor UI issues. [Fix: Reset settings via top right button OR performed clear cache on your browser]
2. Some gym/raid info missing when using the previous display of NOT using gym sidebar (New default: gym sidebar enabled)
3. Some EX Raid gyms/raids not detected. Info is manually retrieved based on existing scanned data so some will be missing
4. Various notification issues like rare spawns with no IV info NOT appearing and boundary geofence not adhered to (eg. receiving notifications from PJ for KL channel)
5. IV scanning not working sometimes due to limited ‘3rd party resources’
We're going global! As part of our efforts to expand gracefully to the rest of Malaysia, we’ll be converting our web based map to be global! This means you’ll be able to see all our scanning data no matter which link you access from. Please allow location access for the map to start at your location
IV Scanning enabled for all areas every weekend! We may scan on weekdays too if resources allow
Existing scanning coverage: Kuala Lumpur-Selangor, Penang, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Ipoh, Kuantan, Johor, Melaka, Brunei
New official link: https://map.s2g.my (all old links will continue to work fine)
Notification service list: https://s2g.my/malaysia-live-pokemap-notification-list/
Greetings fellow trainers! We’re proud to announce the official launching of Malaysia’s first Pokemon Go live map! All areas have started to be stable and should not have too many issues. You may report issues by commenting here or dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Various issues (beyond our control) may cause it to stop working sometimes but please bear with us. Please tell your friends and spread word about us or consider donating as every little bit helps. We have big plans to scan every city in Malaysia and with enough support we believe we can do this.
1. Recommended browser for mobile devices is Chrome Browser (with data saver mode disabled/off!). All desktop browsers should work fine
2. Shiny Pokemon (ultra rare versions) detection impossible to be implemented as it uses a "lottery system" which means you will get individual results determined from server side
3. Please reset web settings from time to time to use our updated settings. You can customize almost all things such as which Pokemon, gym and raids to show! Just click the top left button to see the options
4. IV scanning for all areas every weekend (weekdays too if resources allows)
5. Niantic is stepping up with blind and permanent bans for scanners so sometimes are scanners will be disrupted. We will do our best to resolve all issues
1. Coverage for all cities and towns in Malaysia
Please spread word about us to your friends and your local groups. Every little bit helps!
This post has been edited by Vyrnach: Jan 6 2019, 03:48 PM
S2G.MY Malaysia Pokemon Go Live Map, Donate a device to scan your city!