Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

S2G.MY Malaysia Pokemon Go Live Map, Donate a device to scan your city!

views

TSVyrnach
post Apr 1 2017, 02:13 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
167 posts

UPDATE 30 DECEMBER 2018: Want your city/town scanned? Then donate us your spare unused devices and we will do just that!

We have begun/resumed a non-dedicated (may stop functioning at any time) raid-only trial scanning for Kuching and Kuala Lumpur area.
Currently only possible to scan with real phone devices. Because of this, we’re appealing to anyone for donations of PoGO supported spare devices so that we can scan more areas/and more efficiently.

Each device can scan a whole city (not so efficient but possible) so we’re not that Far Fetched (hah) from our target of scanning the whole of Malaysia if everyone would donate their spare devices!
Please mail us at s2gdotmy@gmail.com or contact me directly in our discord channel for further details[/quote]

As scanned from devices: https://imgur.com/a/nqpG9J0

========================================================================================================================

Note: There is a major bug that causes the map not to start at your location despite allowing location access. Please clear settings via top right button to resolve this issue
This thead may be outdated, for the latest info please refer to our main hub page: s2g.my/malaysia-live-pokemon-go-map-main-hub/

Information below is outdated and is left here just for reference

Early 2018 Overhaul Changelog (Update: 25 February 2018)
[Note: Please reset settings via top right button if you haven’t since this new overhaul was implemented]
1. Full weather support including displaying boundary cells and if boosted for spawns
2. Full EX(clusive) Raid and gym detection support. You are able to toggle to only show gyms and raids that are eligible for EX Raid
3. Full OpenStreetMap map tile/style support which is what Pokemon Go uses for everything from Pokemon spawn biome and EX Raid park boundary. [You can enable this at Top left button (Options) -> Style -> Map Style]
4. WebMap settings export/importing. [Please do not export settings until you performed ‘reset settings’ as indicated above]
5. Removed ‘clustering’ display. This means you can see all Pokemon based on your settings despite being zoom out
6. Expanded coverage for all existing areas. [No new coverage planned yet due to very limited resources despite resource scaling/optimizations]

Todo (expect these soon):
1. Highly detailed stats page showing statistics for gyms, raids, Pokemon and many others
2. 24/7 IV and misc. information scanning for all areas
3. Resolve stability issues: notifications, IV scanner, new map coverage

Known issues:
1. ‘Start map at my position’ feature not working despite allowing location access and other minor UI issues. [Fix: Reset settings via top right button OR performed clear cache on your browser]
2. Some gym/raid info missing when using the previous display of NOT using gym sidebar (New default: gym sidebar enabled)
3. Some EX Raid gyms/raids not detected. Info is manually retrieved based on existing scanned data so some will be missing
4. Various notification issues like rare spawns with no IV info NOT appearing and boundary geofence not adhered to (eg. receiving notifications from PJ for KL channel)
5. IV scanning not working sometimes due to limited ‘3rd party resources’
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We're going global! As part of our efforts to expand gracefully to the rest of Malaysia, we’ll be converting our web based map to be global! This means you’ll be able to see all our scanning data no matter which link you access from. Please allow location access for the map to start at your location

user posted image

IV Scanning enabled for all areas every weekend! We may scan on weekdays too if resources allow
Existing scanning coverage: Kuala Lumpur-Selangor, Penang, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Ipoh, Kuantan, Johor, Melaka, Brunei

New official link: https://map.s2g.my (all old links will continue to work fine)
Notification service list: https://s2g.my/malaysia-live-pokemap-notification-list/

Greetings fellow trainers! We’re proud to announce the official launching of Malaysia’s first Pokemon Go live map! All areas have started to be stable and should not have too many issues. You may report issues by commenting here or dropping us an email at s2gdotmy@gmail.com

Various issues (beyond our control) may cause it to stop working sometimes but please bear with us. Please tell your friends and spread word about us or consider donating as every little bit helps. We have big plans to scan every city in Malaysia and with enough support we believe we can do this.

Important notes:
1. Recommended browser for mobile devices is Chrome Browser (with data saver mode disabled/off!). All desktop browsers should work fine
2. Shiny Pokemon (ultra rare versions) detection impossible to be implemented as it uses a "lottery system" which means you will get individual results determined from server side
3. Please reset web settings from time to time to use our updated settings. You can customize almost all things such as which Pokemon, gym and raids to show! Just click the top left button to see the options
4. IV scanning for all areas every weekend (weekdays too if resources allows)
5. Niantic is stepping up with blind and permanent bans for scanners so sometimes are scanners will be disrupted. We will do our best to resolve all issues

Work-In-Progress:
1. Coverage for all cities and towns in Malaysia

Please spread word about us to your friends and your local groups. Every little bit helps!

This post has been edited by Vyrnach: Jan 6 2019, 03:48 PM
lowyard
post Apr 1 2017, 03:17 PM

Nexus 4, 4 Nexers.
2,035 posts

Nice! I'm on mobile so I'll have to see how it's like on a pc when i got home.
kllonely1
post Apr 1 2017, 03:30 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ Apr 1 2017, 02:13 PM)
Kuala Lumpur City Center
http://kl.s2g.my

Kuching
http://kuching.s2g.my

Greetings fellow trainers! We’re proud to announce the official launching of Malaysia’s first Pokemon Go live map! We're currently only scanning KL and Kuching city center but have big plans for the whole of Malaysia. We need your help solving captchas to keep the map running!

We're starting to be able to keep the map stable most of the time but various issues (beyond our control) may cause it to stop working sometimes but please bear with us. Please clear cache if you found us before this to use the proper default settings!

We're currently truly reliant on donations to keep the map alive as we currently simply do not even have an web ad revenue source. This is due to things like:
1. previous free 0.45 API being officially closed so we're being forced to purchase paid hashing keys (info: https://talk.pogodev.org/d/55-api-hashing-service-f-a-q)
2. long term map reliable relies on automated captcha solving services which is truly expensive for bigger maps (info: https://2captcha.com/about-2captcha)

Important notes:
1. Most common Pokemon are hidden by default to reduce map clutter and performance lag for older devices. You can adjust this ofcourse using the options sidebar. For those facing freezing or lag when scrolling should consider hiding more common or any Pokemon you're not looking for in the map (Choose in side menu->Hide Pokemon selection menu or click->Exclude)
2. Mobile Chrome browser currently not supported - major bug that always only shows a very limited number of scanned Pokemon
3. Shiny Pokemon (ultra rare versions) detection not yet implemented - currently no ETA on this until further information
4. NEW default 'jumping' behavior and notification settings is for Wonder >82% IV and 'Super Rare' above (you may need to clear cache for this to take effect). However, you are free to customize this as you see fit

Work-In-Progress:
1. We understand we're missing out many areas of Malaysia but we're actively working on this
2. Live alerts for Telegram and other services
3. Long term reliability measures (fully automated proxies, accounts management and many others depending on possible donations)
4. Better streamlined captcha solving method

Please spread word about us to your friends and your local groups. Every little bit helps!
Is there a select/unselect all button?

TSVyrnach
post Apr 1 2017, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(kllonely1 @ Apr 1 2017, 03:30 PM)
Is there a select/unselect all button?
If you mean for the "Hide Pokemon" filter, currently no. For mobile devices, it's recommended not to show too many Pokemon at once due to performance issues
kllonely1
post Apr 1 2017, 04:07 PM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ Apr 1 2017, 03:43 PM)
If you mean for the "Hide Pokemon" filter,  currently no. For mobile devices, it's recommended not to show too many Pokemon at once due to performance issues
Can this feature be included?
This helps to clear all pokemons from screen in one go.
Useful feature, right?

I understand those jumping pokemons are those that meet the IV setting, am I correct?
Why not just shown those meet IV setting only, hide the others?
This again free up the screen.
s7ran9er
post Apr 2 2017, 04:34 AM

ლ(;◉;益;◉;ლ)
4,210 posts

You guys are doing great, donated. smile.gif
TSVyrnach
post Apr 2 2017, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(kllonely1 @ Apr 1 2017, 04:07 PM)
Can this feature be included?
This helps to clear all pokemons from screen in one go.
Useful feature, right?

I understand those jumping pokemons are those that meet the IV setting, am I correct?
Why not just shown those meet IV setting only, hide the others?
This again free up the screen.
We'll definitely see what we can do but our current focus is trying to keep it as stable as possible and also to resolve some major bugs present now. Currently jumping is for those that are 'very rare', 'ultra rare' and whose IV is more than 82% (Wonder). These settings among others can be customized for your own preference

We have though of doing what you mentioned (filter by IV values). But we found out immediately that this would require much more requests and captcha risks as we have to 'encounter' every single Pokemon which includes super commons like Pidgeys which is just not a good idea now as we're not using paid captcha services (as an example, the KL map gets about 200captchas/hour costing about $0.5/hour)

QUOTE(s7ran9er @ Apr 2 2017, 04:34 AM)
You guys are doing great, donated. smile.gif
thank you so much!

This post has been edited by Vyrnach: Apr 2 2017, 02:48 PM
Alezabeth
post Apr 8 2017, 03:32 AM

10 posts

bump — awesome site!
segiempat
post Apr 9 2017, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

RIP this map?
thechickenbros
post Apr 9 2017, 07:18 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(segiempat @ Apr 9 2017, 08:50 AM)
RIP this map?
New API , services will be down for a while. Its working fine now.

Great job VYRNACH for hosting the site.
shinchan^^
post Apr 10 2017, 09:07 AM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

>.< too city center
can expand a bit? haha
TSVyrnach
post Apr 13 2017, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(shinchan^^ @ Apr 10 2017, 09:07 AM)
>.< too city center
can expand a bit? haha
Unfortunately we're already close to fully utilizing our server's resources. We're looking at long term options at this point and I'm afraid it will not be so soon as this requires considerable funding to acquire
Malvo
post Apr 20 2017, 09:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,871 posts

server down?

kerberos09
post Apr 20 2017, 11:00 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Malvo @ Apr 20 2017, 09:18 AM)
server down?
thought so too, since yesterday evening was it?
TSVyrnach
post May 8 2017, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(kerberos09 @ Apr 20 2017, 11:00 AM)
thought so too, since yesterday evening was it?
I think I was doing some maintenance on my server at that time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused
spicyfooty
post May 19 2017, 06:03 AM

Casual
359 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ May 8 2017, 11:35 AM)
I think I was doing some maintenance on my server at that time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused
the site for Kuching is erratic lately. hope it can run smooth for the rock event smile.gif
TSVyrnach
post May 20 2017, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(spicyfooty @ May 19 2017, 06:03 AM)
the site for Kuching is erratic lately. hope it can run smooth for the rock event smile.gif
sorry for the previous sudden downtime and any inconvenience caused. Was totally caught off-guard on 18 May by Niantic's sudden forcing of 0.63.1 API and had to transition last minute. It seems to be running at full capacity again. Thanks for your patience and support biggrin.gif
spicyfooty
post May 22 2017, 11:17 AM

Casual
359 posts

Thanks for fixing it. Helped me to catch alot larvitars. This morning erratic again, probably due to new anti-bot technique deployed by niantic?
spicyfooty
post May 22 2017, 11:21 AM

Casual
359 posts

QUOTE(Vyrnach @ May 20 2017, 12:47 AM)
sorry for the previous sudden downtime and any inconvenience caused. Was totally caught off-guard on 18 May by Niantic's sudden forcing of 0.63.1 API and had to transition last minute. It seems to be running at full capacity again. Thanks for your patience and support  biggrin.gif
New counterbot measure - cant see any rares now. Evidence is zero onix. *cry*
TSVyrnach
post May 26 2017, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(spicyfooty @ May 22 2017, 11:21 AM)
New counterbot measure - cant see any rares now. Evidence is zero onix. *cry*
yes. Still no fix for this but only "workarounds". This has since been resolved until Niantic tries something again ofcourse sweat.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:24 AM