Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Adoption Anyone want to adopt a Red-Eared Slider Turtle?, Need help

views

TSghostcommand
post Mar 31 2017, 09:59 PM, updated 7y ago

On my way
660 posts

Hi all,

Recently, I found a Red-Eared slider turtle in my garden. I live in Kota Damansara, PJ - this place used to be part of the Sungai Buloh reserve and recently my neighbour found a cobra in his house also.

Thing is, I don't know what to do with the turtle at the moment. I suspect it is someone else's pet but no one has come to claim it. I'm not in a position to look after it long-term and would be happy if someone could find this turtle a new home... It is medium sized, about 20cm long/15cm wide.

Currently, the turtle is in a big basin and I feed it some vegetables like lettuce and bought some turtle pellets for it. Any help on finding this turtle a new home would be appreciated smile.gif
Punanister
post Mar 31 2017, 11:23 PM

19 posts

Maybe you can put it in the lakes near LDP? Seen some turtles and monitor lizards there when I pass by in the morning.
TSghostcommand
post Apr 22 2017, 06:52 PM

On my way
660 posts

FYI a RES is considered an invasive species and should NEVER be released into the wild because it will compete with native species. RES is also on the Malaysian banned list so no one can buy/sell any RES.

Managed to give it a good home, so thread closed.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:04 AM