Unifi Lite 10Mbps, Newest ripoff by TM - Trolling Master

YoungMan
post Apr 3 2017, 08:18 AM

5,394 posts

Any news when they're gonna launch this?
YoungMan
post Apr 11 2017, 02:46 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(ClarenceT @ Apr 11 2017, 12:05 PM)
The fixed broadband speed will again be doubled with its pricing to be slashed in half within the next two years.
https://www.lowyat.net/2016/117215/budget-2...half-the-price/
because TM is the only largest fix broadband provider, there is a possibility they might impose some conditions if the price is ever slashed, like imposing quota limit or only lower the pricing for existing subscribers etc. Do you not remember how they do it with Streamyx 1mb lite?

We need to allow more outsider broadband players to come in, then there will be price war.
YoungMan
post Apr 12 2017, 09:44 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(ClarenceT @ Apr 12 2017, 10:09 AM)
Be optimistic. That's govt directive as clearly mentioned in Bajet 2017 (Oct2016) and it is likely to be part of BN's manifesto for PRU14.
If you are not happy with Streamyx 1mbps @ RM110+GST, you can try Streamyx Lite @ RM38+GST, 1mbps@RM68+GST if you qualify for low income group, 1mbps@RM100+GST if contract expires. Mobile internet packages nowadays are very attractive, compared to Streamyx RM110. Or you just wait till 2019 to see if a miracle would happen.
Think positively.
Who the heck would pay for RM38 streamyx lite with 1gb quota? 1 download and the whole month cannot use already. Defeat the purpose of having internet unless you only check email few times a week.
For the low income group package, I have long ask from TM and they said the package is no more being sold, therefore forget about it.

Don't put high hope on tm. Monopoly company can never improve much because no one to compete.
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2017, 11:09 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(Criss Malvory @ Apr 14 2017, 11:51 AM)

Need your advice aswell
Im planning to get the digi 150 Infinite plan however i am in contract with maxis with maxis one plan for 2 years
The 150 infinite plan is to replace my streamyx 1mb plan hence i am not using it for call/sms etc.
I do not need a router for wifi as I already have data on my phone. Need suggestions for a router that can connect with the digi 150 infinite directly to pc

Thank you and regards
laugh.gif this becomes digi threat already.
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2017, 11:46 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(wc_how @ Apr 14 2017, 12:25 PM)
Can't blame, if TM has good service, there is no such situation.
Even the cabling is ready, you may wait for year to install unifi.

Anyway, i suggest create another thread for digi inifite lol.
You are always welcome to post inside the digi thread there. people are also discussing a lot about this infinite plan.
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2017, 07:17 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(Chriss @ Apr 14 2017, 06:30 PM)
Mine both phone & huawei modem same speed at same location & both digi sim
Last time using Maxis 4g modem also can reach around 40-50mb speed. But I have yet to test whether that modem can put in other sim or not after I terminate my broadband.
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2017, 07:19 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(Xefron @ Apr 14 2017, 03:13 PM)
CODE
PUTRAJAYA - Kerajaan akan melancarkan Pelan Fiber Seluruh Negara (2017-2019) bagi memantapkan infrastruktur jalur lebar berkelajuan tinggi di negara ini.

Menteri Komunikasi dan Multimedia Datuk Seri Dr Salleh Said Keruak berkata pelaksanaan pelan itu yang bermula tahun ini, telah diluluskan Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

"Pelan ini dihasratkan untuk memastikan sasaran kelajuan jalur lebar dua kali ganda boleh dicapai," katanya kepada Bernama hari ini.

Salleh berkata rangkaian fiber di bawah pelan itu akan menghubungkan kira-kira enam juta premis termasuk kira-kira dua juta di kawasan luar bandar.

"Pelaksanaan pelan ini adalah penting bagi memastikan negara terus berdaya saing dan rakyat Malaysia, terutamanya komuniti luar bandar, dapat menikmati manfaat daripada ekonomi digital secara saksama," katanya.    

Salleh berkata pelan itu akan dilaksanakan melalui kerjasama antara entiti yang relevan bagi penyediaan perkhidmatan borong jalur lebar berasaskan fiber.

Beliau berkata model pelaksanaan adalah dalam bentuk 3-Tier atau 3 peringkat.

Tier 1 akan bertumpu pada kemudahan 'backhaul' kepunyaan Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Tier 2 untuk sambungan terakhir dan Tier 3 untuk penyediaan perkhidmatan runcit yang akan ditawarkan oleh syarikat telekomunikasi sedia ada.

Pelan itu akan dipantau oleh Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia di bawah rangka kerja kawal selia sedia ada bagi memastikan pencapaian mengikut sasaran yang ditetapkan, katanya. – Bernama

CODE
1)Passive Infrastructure
1st tier is now being handled by neutral TNB who isn't involved with ISP businesses.
TNB will only lay dark fibres which they lease to anyone interested as long as they have spare cores available for backhaul.

2)Active Network Providers
These are companies which set up their own switching equipments, DSLAMs, OLTs, BGP core routers, and gateways
Example of such active networks we have today are TM's HSBB, Maxis's NGBB, Time Fibre, Symphonet, DiGi and Umobile.

3)Retail Service Providers (RSP) or "Perkhidmatan Runchit"
These are ISPs who rent bandwidth or buy wholesale services from network providers/active wholesale segments to provide last mile itnernet services to consumers.

The good thing is that now all other ISPs such as Time no longer needs to be forced to leased whole packages from TM Wholesale.

They only need to lease dark fibre from TNB and then spent for last mile equipment to potential markets they want to serve.

brows.gif
how about areas not covered by tNB?
YoungMan
post Apr 14 2017, 07:53 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(froggyx @ Apr 14 2017, 08:21 PM)
How about signals? does modem have better signals than phone?
You can get those which can have antenna to get better signal.
YoungMan
post Apr 15 2017, 11:11 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(jimlim007 @ Apr 15 2017, 07:35 PM)
my place got 4G blue only, no 4G Lte-A red according to the coverage map. walao, after see clearly, my place no coverage, ngam ngam my place and few lorong are not cover by network, similar like unifi case whereby opposite have you dont have  doh.gif

apasal if i click DATA outdoor i got 4G, if i click indoor i got not thing, means no coverage right?

just feel not confident to switch to Digi 150, i got too many doubt in term of hardware as well as user experience of digi line
Get a prepaid sim and test out. You got until June to decide, so can try out their signal at your place.

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ Apr 15 2017, 08:52 PM)
Better get Maxis 10Mbps down/upload for RM139
Agree. Afterall Maxis also using TM's infra.

QUOTE(JohnLai @ Apr 15 2017, 09:56 PM)
According to that brochure.....page 1, the "Voice STD 20" MENTIONED it is OPTIONAL TO SUBSCRIBE. Which means, if one wants Voice STD20, total would be RM 149 + RM 20 = RM 169. Oh well......

EDIT: I really hope I am wrong for this one.
Marketting tecnique lah, so that people feel it's really more worth to sub Unifi 30 instead of lite. Cakap saja lite, but price still like shit.
YoungMan
post Apr 16 2017, 04:21 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ Apr 16 2017, 04:36 PM)
That is why they should invest in submarine cable n landing station instead relying on TM 100%. At least invest in submarine cable.
We should forsee many more problem like this to come because TM monopolizing the nationwide backbone. Not many company can put huge investment in submarine cable n landing station here. tm pun because partly supported by gov in Malaysia.
YoungMan
post Apr 17 2017, 06:37 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(Songchien @ Apr 17 2017, 07:07 PM)
Can current 8mbps streamyx user upgrade to this package?

When upgrading, does the contract reset to 1 year again?
If your area support, can upgrade. Contract is 2 years, not 1 year.

Perhaps now it's the time they should consider lowering streamyx price. bring back 4mb rm88. and 8mb rm100. So those who do not need upload can continue to sub streamyx.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Apr 17 2017, 06:39 PM
YoungMan
post Apr 18 2017, 08:06 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Apr 18 2017, 09:01 PM)
Digi got a signal tower just behind my house,I think I might be able to get some crazy speed out of that infinite package
If your area support Lte-A and you are willing to invest for LTE-A router, you can really get a decent speed.
YoungMan
post Apr 19 2017, 12:37 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(monkeybeh @ Apr 19 2017, 12:45 PM)
my area is under Unifi HSBB still have ports availability,
and all the bloody staff tell me Unifi Lite not available.
what fckin criteria they're offering the package to exactly??
You try ask for Unifi 30. Sure they will give you. The priority is still on uniFi advance and pro.
YoungMan
post Apr 22 2017, 09:14 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(monkeybeh @ Apr 22 2017, 05:27 PM)
checked in TMpoint apparently not available to HSBB area like mine.
Some profiteering element here, they're milking us to subscribe 30Mbps despite the technical availability.
am writing to SKMM/MCMC to fark them up
I don't think MCMC will do much, but good luck anyway.

QUOTE(mztang52 @ Apr 22 2017, 09:40 PM)
Tell me if you want to know more about it. I have the file.
I want to know more about this UniFi lite. PM also can if you have reliable info. Thank you.

YoungMan
post Apr 23 2017, 10:52 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(mztang52 @ Apr 23 2017, 01:57 AM)
Here it is. I can share my copy with all of you but I am not selling the package. You have to ask other resellers or visit to your nearest TM Point to subsribe for it. The answers for all of your questions can be answered here.
http://bit.ly/mztunifilite
Thanks. Just hope we can get a clearer picture about the voice call.

YoungMan
post Apr 23 2017, 10:39 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(GameSky @ Apr 23 2017, 10:05 PM)
nope..no where to be seen.max is 8Mbps, other areas mostly 4Mbps..
Even in Kuching city here, TM said max 4mbps. what to do lah.
YoungMan
post Apr 24 2017, 10:29 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(ClarenceT @ Apr 24 2017, 09:26 AM)
Wait for submarine SKR1M ready this June, bandwidth from Semenanjung to KCH shall be significantly improved, then we will see if TM will distribute the bandwidth to KCH customers. But Abang Jo is willing to spend another RM1bil for Sacofa/Danawa/Sains etc to improve the bandwidth, including use Brunei-Sarawak-Indonesia route, hope they will provide free/cheap alternative fibre network.
The 1 billion is only if federal gov willing to match with 1 billion as well.
YoungMan
post Apr 24 2017, 10:30 AM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(ClarenceT @ Apr 24 2017, 09:26 AM)
Wait for submarine SKR1M ready this June, bandwidth from Semenanjung to KCH shall be significantly improved, then we will see if TM will distribute the bandwidth to KCH customers. But Abang Jo is willing to spend another RM1bil for Sacofa/Danawa/Sains etc to improve the bandwidth, including use Brunei-Sarawak-Indonesia route, hope they will provide free/cheap alternative fibre network.
The 1 billion is only if federal gov willing to match with 1 billion as well.
YoungMan
post Apr 28 2017, 01:23 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(alexchew_2020 @ Apr 28 2017, 01:35 AM)
my office tm phone line got problems..

today i only notice nowadays they got service charges RM53 for their technician to come over to check.

problems no dail tone...  doh.gif

cheaper internet plan, added services charges = more expensive lmao.. sad.gif
Yes, as long as they come to your premise to troubleshoot, regardless they replace or not the equipment.

YoungMan
post Apr 30 2017, 03:27 PM

5,394 posts

QUOTE(y561994 @ Apr 30 2017, 04:10 PM)
wanna ask u, ur talian tetap as stated in the bill is copper landline number? And u get to retain the number for RM1 without the sewa bulanan of RM25 even for Unifi lite RM129?  drool.gif  The only thing holding me from going unifi is the ability to retain my existing copper landline number...
You can retain the old number by paying RM1 monthly. But TM will of course still give you another number for Unifi. Unless you stay in condo whereby they have to terminate your existing line and put in new line for unifi.

QUOTE(y561994 @ Apr 30 2017, 04:17 PM)
Its unifi lite RM99 + hypptv everywhere RM30 (mandatory) + voice 600 mins RM20 (optional)
Now if only the RM30 is optional, I will happily jump in RM99 for Unifi lite.

0.0509sec    0.10    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:15 PM