Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HSBC IT, HSBC IT

views

vincent7474
post May 25 2012, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(lokideangelus @ May 25 2012, 09:18 PM)
HSBC GLTM Is a great place to work at, the people are friendly and helpful. there is alot of emphasis given on training and the seniors are very willing to help. HSBC has a lot of events and entertainment for their staff, every month they would have social drinks for all staff for free. Free food and drinks. Staff would be given the chance to travel overseas for training. Some go to HK, China and US. Its expending and in need of talented programmers to be developed as team leaders in the future. They are replacing foreign staff now with more local. There are numerous benefit working with HSBC. You  get to use its state of the art gym, there is a well equip games room, staff are encouraged to participate in sport like badminton,football, treasure hunt and trips. Performing staff are well rewarded with trophies, awards, bonuses, gifts and a lot more. Each dept has their own entertainment allowance and the benefit is very good. Work is challenging but would help you in the long run. Training is a main plus point. Every month  there are training. you get to work with all people around the world and is open to work at other HSBC later on. Great working environment.

Just ignore the negative comments, as there are some ppl who are asked to leave by the company or is just plain hateful. Scared that there are ppl who would be better then them and steal their rice bowl.

Not all are from China, HSBC GLTM is a diverse and multicultural organization.
Thanks you for clarify this..I have a question...I heard that permanent staff will get 1k allowance...Is that true ?
vincent7474
post May 26 2012, 09:09 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(marky_dormy2 @ May 26 2012, 07:22 PM)
i agree with all of the above but during my interview, i am having technical test on the spot. I want to have challenging job as a first job. So i need to know whether APAC provide extreme workload for the fresh graduate. i dont want to chillax, i want to work. Can i gain exposure in programming by working in high stress environment in apac? Does apac provide good learning platform?
You can try Quintiq if you are looking for challenging technical test...If you want stressful environment..you can try Accenture or Silverlake...You got offer from HSDM already ?
vincent7474
post May 26 2012, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(marky_dormy2 @ May 26 2012, 09:12 PM)
yes i got the offer already. i just need some insight concerning apac department before going in. need to do the programming ma when work, later can demand. if chillax sure boring one
My friend joined HSDM last week..He said quite relax sweat.gif
My another friend just quit Silverlake because of the workload...but he said he learned a lot from there...
vincent7474
post May 26 2012, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(marky_dormy2 @ May 26 2012, 09:47 PM)
aiya shitxxx...hurm i try 5-6 month, if the workload relax and programming maybe once a week i quit if not i stay arr 2 year.. programming need a lot of practice.
When is your starting date ?
vincent7474
post May 27 2012, 02:01 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(marky_dormy2 @ May 26 2012, 10:31 PM)
11 june. hurm i hope the workload is still there. first job should be for learning right. i got one more offer but the pay and benefit is really sucks. rm 2400 after 2 and half year, i only get allowance of rm 100. wtf hahaha
Lolz..I might be your colleague..I got the same offer also...but i am still considering hmm.gif You already accept the job offer ?

This post has been edited by vincent7474: May 27 2012, 02:01 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:28 AM