Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HSBC IT, HSBC IT

views

kaolat
post Jan 19 2012, 01:51 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(steven1379 @ Jan 17 2012, 04:24 PM)
I received this from my lecturer ...
[code]
HSBC Software Development (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (HSDM)  

I have junior who works at HSDM. According to him the standard salary package for all freshies in HSDM : RM2400 - RM2500

Pro: Good place for freshies/fresh college graduates to get a relatively good starting salary.
Con: A newly setup company with people from diversified backgrounds and all with different personal agenda - a lot of office politics going on.

Basically HSDM is the cheap labour software delivery IT subsidiary for HSBC group. It is not a BANK entity, hence no benefits which enjoyed by bank staff.

Highlight: Department wise, it's good to join GBM. Do not join Europe and GMO which report to India.

kaolat
post Jul 7 2012, 03:54 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(summercool @ Jul 3 2012, 03:38 PM)
Hi there,

Anyone here from North America (NA) team? I'm wondering how was the working environment and the helpfulness among team member from this team.
You would be able to know the working culture if you know the composition and reporting structure of your team.

Try to make a call to the HR to get the following clarifications about your team

Whether your BU head is based in China or India

Whether your line manager is a local, a Hongkie or an IT professional from India

Whether your team members are locals, from overseas

Management from or based in India, the management style tends to be high-handed, micro-managed, lack of knowledge and information sharing, a lot of long-winded but low productive meetings.

Local Chinese, typical China taukeh or Cinapek style - you need to come early and go back late (you shouldn't go back as long as they are still in the office). Your performance evaluation will be based on your software deliverable quality and the number of hours you are willing to show face and online on the sametime messenger.

Hongkie, very meticulous and demanding

Malay - typical government GLC style

Amoh - very diplomatic (play safe style), tends to maintain status quo, easy going when they are in safe mode

This post has been edited by kaolat: Jul 7 2012, 05:03 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:05 PM