Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tyre Reviews, What brand of tyres have you used?

views

maxilife1
post Jan 17 2015, 06:21 PM

On my way
536 posts

i use Continental CC5 for my persona..before this was continental CC1

comfort, less noise, smooth on water..

1 tyre price is RM175..
jeschong
post Jan 19 2015, 04:37 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Jan 14 2015, 11:07 AM)
coming from conti mc5, firstly...i'm looking for silent and comfort tyre..

eyeing the bs turanza gr100. being at top for comfort bs tyre, with the great marketing ads.....and got promo price...so...i changed 2 unit new. after 1 week use;
comfort is. silent no.
when drive over bump the tyre can give u smooth ride...but on normal road, the noise almost on par with my 50k/km mc5.....  sweat.gif
now i know... comfort is not silent.......  laugh.gif

after 1 week use..trade back those 2 tyre..change to indon achilles atr sport 2. change all 4.
review after 2 weeks use + travel jb-kl-jb with 170kmh once in a while.....
not as silent as mc5, but silent than gr100
gripper than mc5 during high speed corner. mc5 gave small sway...i dont know why.....
conformed better in wet compare to mc5.... (140kmh light/heavy rain...no sway at all)  shocking.gif

will see after few Ks.....   wub.gif  wub.gif

cc jeschong  whistling.gif
tenkiu for cc-ing me biggrin.gif
great review
mind to share how much u lost (per tyrea) on the trade in brows.gif

edited: "once in a while"? are you sure?

This post has been edited by jeschong: Jan 19 2015, 04:38 PM
craxors
post Jan 19 2015, 05:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,361 posts

QUOTE(jeschong @ Jan 19 2015, 04:37 PM)
tenkiu for cc-ing me  biggrin.gif
great review
mind to share how much u lost (per tyrea) on the trade in  brows.gif

edited: "once in a while"? are you sure?
abit more than half price per tyre... sweat.gif

*testing time..have to la... laugh.gif
jeschong
post Jan 19 2015, 06:18 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Jan 19 2015, 05:35 PM)
abit more than half price per tyre...  sweat.gif

*testing time..have to la...  laugh.gif
wow
sweat.gif
Quazacolt
post Jan 19 2015, 07:20 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

Previous review of the Yokohama C drive 2 on the same vehicle:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=48254806

My quick review of the Yokohama Bluearth AE01:
- Really comfortable tires, even more comfort/softer than the C Drive 2 despite pumping about additional 2 psi more (35front 33 rear) to further take advantage of the lower rolling resistance.

- even quieter than the c drive 2! can barely hear anything from the wheels unless road conditions are totally horrible (potholes/unpaved roads etc)
Cabin/wind noise are more apparent compared to current tire noise.

- Very low rolling resistance as per advertised: Merely putting in D is more than enough to creep through most traffic jams with any throttle input required and that alone is a guaranteed fuel save.
If you're not in a jam, this tire has no issue cruising without throttle input once you bring it up to optimal cruising speed. Say 80kph? It will maintain that speed even without any throttle input for at least 5-10 seconds or even more depending on road conditions/gradient.

- It's as if the tires are pillows and your car is riding on it.

- Very light weight tire, can be practically lifted with a finger for 195/60/15 size.
The tires are also VERY soft and if you press it you can almost deform the tire entirely sweat.gif

- What i don't like is the steering response, any steering input will have some sort of delay. Perhaps i am too spoiled with the AD08R with laser precision steering input/response and comparatively between AE01 vs AD08R, it's like an exact polar opposite.

- Tire flexing is also very apparent when you do very hard braking/cornering. Definitely have to take it easy with this tire.

- wet performance are decent, handles quite firmly over mrr2 water puddle at 100-120kph.
slightly more unnerving compared to c drive 2 despite being almost worn down, would advise caution as you wear the tire further.

*summary*
pros:
- low NVH, comfortable
- low rolling resistance
- non directional/asymmetric = ease of rotation.

cons:
- overall performance be it dry/wet
- bad steering response
- lots of tire flex
- pricing may be on the higher side compared to better performance tires, or even same LRR/eco category tires.
main competitor should be against the bridgestone ecopia ep200 and michelin XM2 as these 2 brands tend to price their products at a premium as well.
alep_88
post Feb 11 2015, 09:47 PM

3 posts

maxxis tyre
205/60/R16.
is it ok?
heard them quite noisy.
can u help me
HeReLiSm
post Feb 12 2015, 10:21 AM

Casual
481 posts

how's the comparison between Michelin's PS3 and Conti's MC5? Price-wise in the same category, maybe MC5 a bit cheaper. I'm targeting these two tires for my next change.
guanteik
post Feb 24 2015, 10:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

Guys, Friends:
Can anyone comment on these 2 tyres? PS3 and AD08R. Currently I am on Continental CSC5 w/seal but I found this tyre very bumpy. Not to mention its price. I am thinking to switch to PS3 or AD08R. My tyre profile is 235/40/R18.

Could you guys provide your comment on these 3 tyres? My requirement is good performance in high speed + comfort.
Quazacolt
post Feb 25 2015, 11:41 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ Feb 24 2015, 10:43 PM)
Guys, Friends:
Can anyone comment on these 2 tyres? PS3 and AD08R. Currently I am on Continental CSC5 w/seal but I found this tyre very bumpy. Not to mention its price. I am thinking to switch to PS3 or AD08R. My tyre profile is 235/40/R18.

Could you guys provide your comment on these 3 tyres? My requirement is good performance in high speed + comfort.
if comfort is among your priority, ad08r is among the worst choices you can ever make.
doesn't "extreme category" ring any bells?

Michelin PS3/PSS, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or Yokohama Advan sport V105 are among the better choices since you practically want everything in a tire with no mention of budget smile.gif
guanteik
post Feb 25 2015, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Feb 25 2015, 11:41 AM)
if comfort is among your priority, ad08r is among the worst choices you can ever make.
doesn't "extreme category" ring any bells?

Michelin PS3/PSS, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or Yokohama Advan sport V105 are among the better choices since you practically want everything in a tire with no mention of budget smile.gif
Quazacolt:
Thanks. I actually expecting a reply from you because you are the tyre expert wink.gif

I have used PS3 but it's noisy at some level but it's good all rounder. I've not tried the other 2 you mentioned. I am adding one more tyre, which is the Advan DB, which I don't think it will out perform the 3 mentioned.
Quazacolt
post Feb 25 2015, 03:46 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ Feb 25 2015, 03:29 PM)
Quazacolt:
Thanks. I actually expecting a reply from you because you are the tyre expert wink.gif

I have used PS3 but it's noisy at some level but it's good all rounder. I've not tried the other 2 you mentioned. I am adding one more tyre, which is the Advan DB, which I don't think it will out perform the 3 mentioned.
I'm no expert, just an enthusiast that relies a lot on internet information laugh.gif

anyways, if you consider ps3 being noisy, it may be tough to satisfy on the nvh criteria.
Advan DB should be no problem, however it may have issues meeting your performance expectations.

I would still say give Advan DB/AS2 a try though, as PSS/Advan V105 will be a huge increase in pricing as those 2 are max performance category (catered to luxury/high end cars that demands everything)

a simple comparison, you can almost buy 2 pieces of Advan DB with the price of one Advan V105, in fact, Advan V105 is around the same price, if not even more expensive than AD08R depending on size selections.
DemonKnight
post Feb 26 2015, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

any yokohama db?
danshi
post Feb 27 2015, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

I'm currently using Micheline PS3 195/55/15 for my Vios 2010. Any other tyre recommendation. I wanted to change back to PS3 but wanted to know if there is any other tyre that is better. Between, what is the maximum tyre size for Vios 2010?
j1122
post Mar 1 2015, 02:02 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 19 2015, 07:20 PM)
Previous review of the Yokohama C drive 2 on the same vehicle:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=48254806

My quick review of the Yokohama Bluearth AE01:
- Really comfortable tires, even more comfort/softer than the C Drive 2 despite pumping about additional 2 psi more (35front 33 rear) to further take advantage of the lower rolling resistance.

- even quieter than the c drive 2! can barely hear anything from the wheels unless road conditions are totally horrible (potholes/unpaved roads etc)
Cabin/wind noise are more apparent compared to current tire noise.

- Very low rolling resistance as per advertised: Merely putting in D is more than enough to creep through most traffic jams with any throttle input required and that alone is a guaranteed fuel save.
If you're not in a jam, this tire has no issue cruising without throttle input once you bring it up to optimal cruising speed. Say 80kph? It will maintain that speed even without any throttle input for at least 5-10 seconds or even more depending on road conditions/gradient.

- It's as if the tires are pillows and your car is riding on it.

- Very light weight tire, can be practically lifted with a finger for 195/60/15 size.
The tires are also VERY soft and if you press it you can almost deform the tire entirely sweat.gif

- What i don't like is the steering response, any steering input will have some sort of delay. Perhaps i am too spoiled with the AD08R with laser precision steering input/response and comparatively between AE01 vs AD08R, it's like an exact polar opposite.

- Tire flexing is also very apparent when you do very hard braking/cornering. Definitely have to take it easy with this tire.

- wet performance are decent, handles quite firmly over mrr2 water puddle at 100-120kph.
slightly more unnerving compared to c drive 2 despite being almost worn down, would advise caution as you wear the tire further.

*summary*
pros:
- low NVH, comfortable
- low rolling resistance
- non directional/asymmetric = ease of rotation.

cons:
- overall performance be it dry/wet
- bad steering response
- lots of tire flex
- pricing may be on the higher side compared to better performance tires, or even same LRR/eco category tires.
main competitor should be against the bridgestone ecopia ep200 and michelin XM2 as these 2 brands tend to price their products at a premium as well.
so CD2 > AE01? wink.gif wink.gif
Did you have pricing reference for both? thumbup.gif

Quazacolt
post Mar 1 2015, 06:05 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(j1122 @ Mar 1 2015, 02:02 AM)
so CD2 > AE01?  wink.gif  wink.gif
Did you have pricing reference for both?  thumbup.gif
for performance, yes.
nvh/lrr, ae01.

don't have pricing, best if you can survey around or pm nestum
knight
post Mar 5 2015, 05:21 AM

The Truth is Out There..
1,842 posts

I'd changed my Rear Tyre to micheline PS3 months ago and are very satisfied with the performance. I'm going to change my front tyre soon that now it's having loud noise and wear off soon enough too.

Any recommendations that is good to fit for front tires that will feel comfortable when turning the wheels??
iamkent
post Mar 6 2015, 11:08 AM

i shoot you <3
3,073 posts

Continental 185 55 16 for honda city 2008 , do you know what the price i can found at market ?
alexzhenshan
post Mar 9 2015, 07:24 PM

1 posts

I put the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 on my 2009 KIA Rondo after doing a lot of research. I love them very much. These tires are lower noise than the LM703, NT8000, N8000, V551, 3ST (17" rim), INVO and GR90 (18" rim) I took off. Very quiet and smooth on any of road surface, very good traction in wet and dry and very comfortable ride. I can't comment on longevity as I've only covered around 1000 KM, but so far so good. 
distributor
post Mar 29 2015, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

wanna ask :

165/55/14 for kelisa
Continental CC5 RM 165
Dunlop J5 RM 140

which one good?
Calebraj
post Mar 30 2015, 09:35 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(distributor @ Mar 29 2015, 09:44 PM)
wanna ask :

165/55/14 for kelisa
Continental CC5 RM 165
Dunlop J5 RM 140

which one good?
Both equally as good.
Tried both.

To me, if it is same performance, then go for the cheaper one.
Both are made by Continental Malaysia.

brows.gif

132 Pages « < 86 87 88 89 90 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:32 PM