Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Starting New F&B (Food Truck), Any f&b business owner

views

TSInvoker69
post Mar 29 2017, 05:47 PM, updated 7y ago

18 posts

Hey guys,

I'm actually thinking of starting a part-time job (food truck business) at night. Well, firstly, idk how to open a business, and i need advice on how to start a business.

As at now, if i would like to open soft serve food truck, need your opinions, is it marketable?
And I don't even have capital to start a business, is there any agency that will help young entrepreneur?

Thanks so much for replying biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

p/s: is entrepreneur the correct word for my situation? hahaha rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by Invoker69: Mar 29 2017, 05:54 PM
NightHeart
post Mar 29 2017, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Invoker69 @ Mar 29 2017, 05:47 PM)
Hey guys,

I'm actually thinking of starting a part-time job (food truck business) at night. Well, firstly, idk how to open a business, and i need advice on how to start a business.

As at now, if i would like to open soft serve food truck, need your opinions, is it marketable?
And I don't even have capital to start a business, is there any agency that will help young entrepreneur?
Thanks so much for replying  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
p/s: is entrepreneur the correct word for my situation? hahaha rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Food truck at night doesn't means there's nothing to do during the day. There's a lot of preparations that needs to be done.

Soft serve food truck? Sounds interesting but check with the equipment supplier whether it's possible or not.

No capital? No experience? No knowledge? If you have at least 1 of those, it's still very risky. If you have 2, then it's possible to start. If you have all 3, that's the best. So you probably wanna work on this first.
alextan99
post Mar 29 2017, 10:55 PM

Wassup
2,645 posts

without any experience, capital and knowledge just forget about it unless you can come up with a business proposal and get funds from government agency or banks.

Note over 50% of F&B business close shop in the first 12 months of business
ed0gawa
post Mar 29 2017, 11:11 PM

coconut
4,397 posts

Correct word should be day dreamer.

Unless you make super amazing flavor of soft serve that wow some stupid investor in giving you money.
PabloTH
post Mar 30 2017, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

Why start with food truck? Capital requirement is higher. Start small. Just open a road side gerai first. You can sell nasi lemak to test market
Ron2828
post Mar 30 2017, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

1)As a beginner without business experience or substantial collateral or guarantor,very difficult to get loan from bank or government agency (unless you can get from MARA etc etc)

2)Selling soft serve ice cream at night?i dunno la,but seems like more customer in the hot afternoon.The selling price low,need to sell a lot to make meaningful profit.

3)Last time i saw a food truck package (truck +kitchen + sink) cost about RM100k.So you may consider renting/leasing truck to minimize your capital

Just my cents worth of opinion

TSInvoker69
post Mar 30 2017, 11:06 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 29 2017, 10:51 PM)
Food truck at night doesn't means there's nothing to do during the day. There's a lot of preparations that needs to be done.

Soft serve food truck? Sounds interesting but check with the equipment supplier whether it's possible or not.

No capital? No experience? No knowledge? If you have at least 1 of those, it's still very risky. If you have 2, then it's possible to start. If you have all 3, that's the best. So you probably wanna work on this first.
Its true, there's a lot of preparation to be done. I already did check with equipment supplier, by my calculation, it is somehow doable, for me.

Anyways, thank you for your reply. I'll probably work on capital and knowledge first biggrin.gif

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Mar 29 2017, 10:55 PM)
without any experience, capital and knowledge just forget about it unless you can come up with a business proposal and get funds from government agency or banks.

Note over 50% of F&B business close shop in the first 12 months of business
Yeah, I'm going to try youcanduit by MDEC, by next week, really hope they can help notworthy.gif

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Mar 29 2017, 11:11 PM)
Correct word should be day dreamer.

Unless you make super amazing flavor of soft serve that wow some stupid investor in giving you money.
Really hope my nutella flavoured serve will make it brows.gif

QUOTE(PabloTH @ Mar 30 2017, 08:09 AM)
Why start with food truck? Capital requirement is higher. Start small. Just open a road side gerai first. You can sell nasi lemak to test market
Thanks for your reply mr.
Will do road side gerai, hope for the best icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Ron2828 @ Mar 30 2017, 08:49 AM)
1)As a beginner without business experience or substantial collateral or guarantor,very difficult to get loan from bank or government agency (unless you can get from MARA etc etc)

2)Selling soft serve ice cream at night?i dunno la,but seems like more customer in the hot afternoon.The selling price low,need to sell a lot to make meaningful profit.

3)Last time i saw a food truck package (truck +kitchen + sink) cost about RM100k.So you may consider renting/leasing truck to minimize your capital

Just my cents worth of opinion
1) Yeah somehow it is difficult, but im going to try youcanduit by MDEC, going to try next week smile.gif smile.gif
2) It is true more customer in the afternoon, but i only got time at night sad.gif sad.gif
3) Road side gerai for starters, i guess

Anyways, thanks guys for the reply.
Really appreciate it smile.gif

ed0gawa
post Mar 31 2017, 02:07 AM

coconut
4,397 posts

What does youcanduit got to do with a food truck/gerai soft serve business?

Ain't it for 'e' business ...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0119sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 PM