Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cycling New Tank

views

monocle
post Apr 28 2017, 10:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

The 50 percent water change did bring down the ammonia to 0

Btw to TS i'm not hijacking your thread. In just sharing the journey of tank cycling.

👍

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
monocle
post Apr 30 2017, 08:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

Bacteria bloom causing cloudy water
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.6
Nitrite 0

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSruma74
post May 2 2017, 03:02 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ Apr 28 2017, 10:30 PM)
The 50 percent water change did bring down the ammonia to 0

Btw to TS i'm not hijacking your thread. In just sharing the journey of tank cycling.

👍
no worry friend. it's good to have somebody shared the the cycling process going thru. as i have said before, most of our LFS did not recommend fishless cycling hence the info is very limited.
thanks! thumbsup.gif

btw, do you think its better if you just left the tank without doing any water change at all. this to ensure your bacteria will have sufficient source to grow. if you level down the ammonia to 0ppm, then the bacteria growth will be slower.

This post has been edited by ruma74: May 2 2017, 03:31 PM
monocle
post May 2 2017, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

Washed my mechanical filtration (white wool) last night to see if it will clear the cloudiness.

Ammonia, nitrite still at 0 reading.

Today the cloudiness stilll did not clear. Did a 80 percent water change. Let's see what happen next.
TSruma74
post May 2 2017, 03:34 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ May 2 2017, 03:28 PM)
Washed my mechanical filtration (white wool) last night to see if it will clear the cloudiness.

Ammonia, nitrite still at 0 reading.
Today the cloudiness stilll did not clear. Did a 80 percent water change. Let's see what happen next.
while your ammonia is at 0ppm, if you want to save your test solutions, you may skip testing the nitrite level. it is because without ammonia in your system, your bacteria won't be generating any nitrite.
simonyee
post Aug 29 2018, 04:48 PM

On my way
510 posts

QUOTE(ruma74 @ Mar 28 2017, 10:05 PM)
hello guys, 

i am beginning to cycle my tank. it's a new aquarium. i have everything ready:

1. cleaning tank, gravel, plants, filters - done.
2. assembled everything, fill up with water, put anti-chlorine-done

now as i am to start the cycle, i haven't found any store yet that is selling the pure ammonium source. most of stores i visit some advice me no need to do cycling, after few days can put fish already. some stores didn't even have any idea what is ammonia source sad.gif .

i have a thought to use fish foods to start the cycle but since my reason of starting the aquarium is because i love the idea of getting the tank environment controlled, i didn't prefer that method of putting the fish foods.

now my tank is cycling without any ammonia input, so hope all sifus2 can advise me where to source the ammonia for cycling.
Ace hardware but I think the bottle bacteria and also stability would work better.
And then other people established aquarium especially those who sell you the fish that are healthy.
1 months of cycling should do it but 2 weeks is minimum.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:39 AM