> Manhole Clogged (Underneath), Need advice and Help

views

enriquelee
post Apr 4 2017, 09:06 AM

Don't ask for more, ask for COKE
All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(buzdev2 @ Apr 3 2017, 04:04 PM)
IWK came and result = manhole tunnel broken (under my living hall) Cant do much unless hack them to install a replacement pipe. Worst is, cant do bypass vmad.gif  vmad.gif

Looks like the toilet will be temporary place to sleep
This is bad.
If want to repair it, what are the works involve?
halcyon27
post Apr 4 2017, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Apr 4 2017, 09:06 AM)
This is bad.
If want to repair it, what are the works involve?
My friend's old neighbour kena this before. Had to dig it up from outdoor until pass wet kitchen where the IWK inspection chamber sits. Replace old soil pipe with PVC. Smelly and messy but it was necessary. I forgot to ask how much it cost...and what was the old pipe made of.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Apr 4 2017, 03:30 PM
enriquelee
post Apr 4 2017, 03:45 PM

All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Apr 4 2017, 03:29 PM)
My friend's old neighbour kena this before. Had to dig it up from outdoor until pass wet kitchen where the IWK inspection chamber sits. Replace old soil pipe with PVC. Smelly and messy but it was necessary. I forgot to ask how much it cost...and what was the old pipe made of.
Dig? Means hack the concrete slab?
halcyon27
post Apr 4 2017, 06:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Apr 4 2017, 03:45 PM)
Dig? Means hack the concrete slab?
Hack floor from just in front of where the pipe embed into the ground, living room all the way to the back. Just enough to lay a new pipe. Didn't ask if the old one was taken out or permanently not used. They don't touch the floor beams if that's what you mean. The pipe would have cleared below that. It's a messy affair that's all I can say from what I heard.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Apr 4 2017, 06:58 PM
enriquelee
post Apr 5 2017, 09:05 AM

All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Apr 4 2017, 06:57 PM)
Hack floor from just in front of where the pipe embed into the ground, living room all the way to the back. Just enough to lay a new pipe. Didn't ask if the old one was taken out or permanently not used. They don't touch the floor beams if that's what you mean. The pipe would have cleared below that. It's a messy affair that's all I can say from what I heard.
Can imagine, it is messy for sure.
Refuzed
post Apr 6 2017, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

I had the same issue. Thought there was clogging involved and called up a few plumbers, only to find out that the main PVC pipes underneath had dislodged.

My plumber then had to dig up the concrete at the backyard (thank god, it was an empty open area) and went all the way down until the beam. He then cut off half of the dislodged PVC pipe, fixed a new one and connected it accordingly to the remaining pipe.

Poured back a new cement concrete and everything was back to normal!
y4ng
post Apr 6 2017, 12:48 PM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

QUOTE(Refuzed @ Apr 6 2017, 12:30 PM)
I had the same issue. Thought there was clogging involved and called up a few plumbers, only to find out that the main PVC pipes underneath had dislodged.

My plumber then had to dig up the concrete at the backyard (thank god, it was an empty open area) and went all the way down until the beam. He then cut off half of the dislodged PVC pipe, fixed a new one and connected it accordingly to the remaining pipe.

how much did it cost, and what year did u do it?
TSbuzdev2
post Apr 8 2017, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(Refuzed @ Apr 6 2017, 12:30 PM)

Hey Bro,

Thanks for your valuable feed back. May i know where u from and the plumber that executed the job? May need his services to restore my pipe as well.
Refuzed
post Apr 9 2017, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

QUOTE(y4ng @ Apr 6 2017, 12:48 PM)
how much did it cost, and what year did u do it?
Costed me less than RM300 if I'm not mistaken. Much work was invested in the digging part, which I found worth the money. I did it last year.

QUOTE(buzdev2 @ Apr 8 2017, 10:50 AM)
Hey Bro,

Thanks for your valuable feed back. May i know where u from and the plumber that executed the job? May need his services to restore my pipe as well.
Hey, not a problem. He's from Sungai Buloh area and travels by bike. If you are somewhere nearby, he may not hesitate to drop by your place. Let me know where do you stay.

enriquelee
post Apr 10 2017, 01:30 PM

All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(Refuzed @ Apr 9 2017, 10:22 PM)
Costed me less than RM300 if I'm not mistaken. Much work was invested in the digging part, which I found worth the money. I did it last year.
RM 300 for these works? blink.gif That is very very reasonable.
y4ng
post Apr 10 2017, 02:28 PM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

Hey, not a problem. He's from Sungai Buloh area and travels by bike. If you are somewhere nearby, he may not hesitate to drop by your place. Let me know where do you stay.
Wow good price! Can give me his number please? Cos i wanna add toilet, so better to make a new pipe!
TSbuzdev2
post Apr 10 2017, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

I am from Rawang and it seems nearby. Please PM his contact detail if convenient. Thanks
Nnthn
post Apr 19 2018, 03:01 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(buzdev2 @ Mar 30 2017, 05:53 PM)
Already found 1. They will come this Saturday  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
Hi,can u share the contact pls?having the same problem
Thund3rHawk P
post Nov 7 2020, 03:19 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi guys, can share any IWK private service contact? Thanks
mini orchard
post Nov 7 2020, 05:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(Thund3rHawk @ Nov 7 2020, 03:19 PM)
Hi guys, can share any IWK private service contact? Thanks
Why you need private service? They do provide services to every household with individual septic tank.
Thund3rHawk P
post Nov 7 2020, 10:43 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Nov 7 2020, 05:45 PM)
Why you need private service? They do provide services to every household with individual septic tank.
I think the pipe, connecting my master room to manhole, underneath my house was clogged. It was not covered by IWK and after checking at their website, they do provide service "Clearing private blockage by Water Jettor 3500L Charge RM800.00 per manhole". It is quite expensive and no guarantee can be fixed. Not sure if there are people outside give private service at cheaper rate.
mini orchard
post Nov 7 2020, 10:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(Thund3rHawk @ Nov 7 2020, 10:43 PM)
I think the pipe, connecting my master room to manhole, underneath my house was clogged. It was not covered by IWK and after checking at their website, they do provide service "Clearing private blockage by Water Jettor 3500L Charge RM800.00 per manhole". It is quite expensive and no guarantee can be fixed. Not sure if there are people outside give private service at cheaper rate.
I dont think any private contractor will have the machine to clear the blockage. Is at least 8 to10 feet deep with few bends before reaching the manhole.

Is not guarantee because it can be a broken underground sewage pipe and not something thrown in that cause the blockage since you are using it.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Nov 7 2020, 11:10 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:01 AM