Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how to view enc file, Add0y_.jpg.enc to jpg

views

TScurmbox
post Mar 28 2017, 01:50 AM, updated 8y ago

48 posts

I have tried a few ways using cygwin but it needs a password, also tried fileviewpro but it needs to be registered,

Any idea how to view the file ? i dont have to convert them just viewing also can ,

Thanks in advance .

horns
post Mar 28 2017, 02:52 AM

\m/
3,036 posts

usually you need something like a correct encryption tool and password/key/key pairs/certificate/whatever that is/are used in the encryption process to decrypt the file.

if the system is infected with ransomware, you can try look up the internet for potential ransomware cleaners and decryptors.

dcheah
post Nov 29 2018, 09:01 PM

OldSkool
1,233 posts

QUOTE(curmbox @ Mar 28 2017, 01:50 AM)
I have tried a few ways using cygwin but it needs a password, also tried fileviewpro but it needs to be registered,

Any idea how to view the file ? i dont have to convert them just viewing also can ,

Thanks in advance .
The .enc file extension is "Encrypted" file types and may be compressed too. I've also have these kind of files when I'm using the BBC & IRC, its used to send files between users in an encrypted & compressed manners. My time of internet is 56kbps thus is kind of compressions & encryptions is widely used & popular too.

Now, if not mistaken its called "yEnc32" (http://www.yenc32.com/download.php) you can try this tool and see whether it does decrypt the file for you or not.

Good luck. biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 AM