Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Cheats Again!, Refer Friend Promo

views

TSfkinmeng
post Mar 27 2017, 01:09 PM, updated 8y ago

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

tl;dr - Maxis cheats again.

Last year, I first called Maxis to ask regarding their "Refer Friends" (http://www.maxis.com.my/referfriend) campaign, I asked them if I introduce 3 numbers - 1 main line & 2 supplementary lines, will all 3 numbers be eligible for the promo of RM50 each, and Maxis said yes.

2 months after I introduce the 3 numbers, my bill came and i received a deduction of RM25. Upon checking with Maxis, they said that they will pay me RM25 for 6 months.

On the 3rd month (beginning of March), the RM25 rebate stopped. I then realized that Maxis only gave me RM50 for 1 number, and didn't give me RM50 each for another 2 numbers. I then called to check and Maxis told me that they will check and get back to me.

Maxis then called me back and told me that the reason why they didn't give me the rebate for the 2 supplementary lines is because my name wasn't written as introducer. I argued that surely main line and sub-line is the same introducer, she replied stating that my name and number has to be written in every form. I then request for a scanned copy of the form to prove her claim, which she said ok and they will require 3-7 working days. However, they didn't get back to me and i forgot all about it.

On 26/3, upon receiving my new bill, there is still no rebate. I called Maxis again. After complaining and threathening to complain to SKMM, Maxis get back to me stating that only by introducing main line will be eligible for RM50 rebate but not for supplementary line. However, this info contradicts with their earlier info and the info on their website.

They then say out of goodwill for all my hassles, they will rebate me with RM40 for both numbers, meaning only RM20 for each number, trying to undercut RM30 for each number, which I rejected.

I have file a complain to SKMM, hope this serves as a warning towards others.
Maxis
post Mar 27 2017, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Mar 27 2017, 01:09 PM)
tl;dr - Maxis cheats again.

Last year, I first called Maxis to ask regarding their "Refer Friends" (http://www.maxis.com.my/referfriend) campaign, I asked them if I introduce 3 numbers - 1 main line & 2 supplementary lines, will all 3 numbers be eligible for the promo of RM50 each, and Maxis said yes.

2 months after I introduce the 3 numbers, my bill came and i received a deduction of RM25. Upon checking with Maxis, they said that they will pay me RM25 for 6 months.

On the 3rd month (beginning of March), the RM25 rebate stopped. I then realized that Maxis only gave me RM50 for 1 number, and didn't give me RM50 each for another 2 numbers. I then called to check and Maxis told me that they will check and get back to me.

Maxis then called me back and told me that the reason why they didn't give me the rebate for the 2 supplementary lines is because my name wasn't written as introducer. I argued that surely main line and sub-line is the same introducer, she replied stating that my name and number has to be written in every form. I then request for a scanned copy of the form to prove her claim, which she said ok and they will require 3-7 working days. However, they didn't get back to me and i forgot all about it.

On 26/3, upon receiving my new bill, there is still no rebate. I called Maxis again. After complaining and threathening to complain to SKMM, Maxis get back to me stating that only by introducing main line will be eligible for RM50 rebate but not for supplementary line. However, this info contradicts with their earlier info and the info on their website.

They then say out of goodwill for all my hassles, they will rebate me with RM40 for both numbers, meaning only RM20 for each number, trying to undercut RM30 for each number, which I rejected.

I have file a complain to SKMM, hope this serves as a warning towards others.
Hi fkinmeng,

We would like to know more of the issue you are facing. Please PM us your details as per below for us to check further.

Full name:
NRIC:
Effected numbers:

TQ

post Mar 27 2017, 09:16 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Mar 27 2017, 03:37 PM)
Hi fkinmeng,

We would like to know more of the issue you are facing. Please PM us your details as per below for us to check further.

Full name:
NRIC:
Effected numbers:

TQ
effected? doh.gif

This post has been edited by 3825968: Mar 27 2017, 09:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 PM