Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

point and shoot camera recommendation, for parents use

views

TSconan1
post Mar 26 2017, 07:50 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
222 posts

hi guys..need help..i want to buy for my parents budget point and shoot camera..
any recommendation model?
usually which area recommended to buy? any suggestion?

below my criteria. I am newbie to camera, anything as long as it produce nice picture should be fine.. biggrin.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Budget point and shoot camera
Budget: Range max rm700-800
Your Location: KL
Preferable brand : anything
Type of photography u want to do : scenery shoot. use by my parents.
Any specific models in mind? : canon?nikon? not sure. newbies in camera
Any specific features u want? : No need fancy features because for my parents usage.

anyway, i already post my request in below link but i need urgent recommendation
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry84264410
Loseeker
post Mar 26 2017, 07:54 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(conan1 @ Mar 26 2017, 07:50 PM)
hi guys..need help..i want to buy for my parents budget point and shoot camera..
any recommendation model?
usually which area recommended to buy? any suggestion?

below my criteria. I am newbie to camera, anything as long as it produce nice picture should be fine.. biggrin.gif

Type of camera/lens/accesories : Budget point and shoot camera
Budget: Range max rm700-800
Your Location: KL
Preferable brand : anything
Type of photography u want to do : scenery shoot. use by my parents.
Any specific models in mind? : canon?nikon? not sure. newbies in camera
Any specific features u want? : No need fancy features because for my parents usage.

anyway, i already post my request in below link but i need urgent recommendation
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry84264410
I'm just wondering, ( seriously, not trolling ) Why a point and shoot instead of a decent phone with good camera function? hmm.gif
TSconan1
post Mar 26 2017, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 26 2017, 07:54 PM)
I'm just wondering, ( seriously, not trolling ) Why a point and shoot instead of a decent phone with good camera function?  hmm.gif
i know..my parents already have a phone..but low spec phone..they dun wan to change phone..haha...u know why la..
just normal point and shoot camera will do because they want to travel.. biggrin.gif
Loseeker
post Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(conan1 @ Mar 26 2017, 08:01 PM)
i know..my parents already have a phone..but low spec phone..they dun wan to change phone..haha...u know why la..
just normal point and shoot camera will do because they want to travel.. biggrin.gif
For your budget, I'd recommend this: Canon Digital IXUS 285HS Compact Camera

It has relatively wide angle, good for scenery and very very pocketable. thumbup.gif

http://shashinki.com/shop/canon-digital-ix....html#!tab2

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Mar 26 2017, 08:28 PM
TSconan1
post Mar 26 2017, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM)
For your budget, I'd recommend this: Canon Digital IXUS 285HS Compact Camera

It has relatively wide angle, good for scenery and very very pocketable.  thumbup.gif

http://shashinki.com/shop/canon-digital-ix....html#!tab2
thanks for suggestions... rclxms.gif notworthy.gif
Loseeker
post Mar 26 2017, 09:25 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(conan1 @ Mar 26 2017, 08:37 PM)
thanks for suggestions... rclxms.gif  notworthy.gif
You are most welcome. To be honest, I still think a phone with better camera function makes more sense. Somehow I think your parent will under utilize the point and shoot. But then again, who am I to judge.
dvlzplayground
post Mar 26 2017, 11:10 PM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Mar 26 2017, 09:25 PM)
You are most welcome. To be honest, I still think a phone with better camera function makes more sense. Somehow I think your parent will under utilize the point and shoot. But then again, who am I to judge.
I agree with this. Parents would appreciate how easy it is for them to share the photos on WhatsApp. I dont know about your parents, but if mine were to use a P&S, the photos will remain in the camera forever sweat.gif

Consider older flagship smartphones. iPhone 5S 16gb is RM1188 at machines.
sp6068
post Mar 26 2017, 11:55 PM

Lights Out and Away We Go!
1,604 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Mar 26 2017, 11:10 PM)
I agree with this. Parents would appreciate how easy it is for them to share the photos on WhatsApp. I dont know about your parents, but if mine were to use a P&S, the photos will remain in the camera foreverĀ  sweat.gif

Did you even read the first post? He already stated budget limit you go and recommend something more expensive doh.gif Not to mention unrelated lagi.

This post has been edited by sp6068: Mar 26 2017, 11:56 PM
dvlzplayground
post Mar 27 2017, 08:50 AM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

QUOTE(sp6068 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:55 PM)
Did you even read the first post? He already stated budget limit you go and recommend something more expensive  doh.gif Not to mention unrelated lagi.
Yes my reading skills is pretty good smile.gif

TS budget for a camera is max rm800. in my opinion, spending just a bit more, for a device that has camera AND tons of other features, is a better value overall.

the main goal here is simply so TS parents can shoot better photos. A P&S is not the only solution to this. Thus, I dont limit my recommendation to only P&S. If other devices can shoot good photos, why is it 'unrelated'?

P&S pros
- suits TS budget
- can zoom
- hardware shutter and buttons

Smartphone pros
- no extra stuff to carry around
- smaller size
- IQ of a < RM800 P&S wont be that much different compared to iPhone 5s
- easier sharing
- easier backup

of course, this is just my opinion. nothing wrong with buying a P&S if TS parents dont want to change phones.

Last but not least, I don't see you recommending anything? confused.gif
DaddyO
post Mar 27 2017, 02:55 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

Few reasons why you would want to get p & s camera over smartphone is for one, the optical zoom. Second reason is because it is easier to .....well....just point and shoot. Do you notice like before taking shots, you tend to look at smartphone screen and fumble to find camera apps before taking shots? I can imagine this on most older folks who dont know how to use shortcut. Besides, TS parents apparently wont care much about pixel peeping so rm800 budget camera would be more than enough.
-kytz-
post Mar 27 2017, 03:26 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,509 posts

Sometimes you may get a good deal on some online sites like Lazada for manual compacts such as the Panasonic LX3 or Olympus XZ1. Have seen them go around RM800 or less..
Rice_Owl84
post Mar 27 2017, 03:32 PM

On my way
603 posts

Canon IXUS series is simple and nice for what you looking for:

http://www.miyamondo.com.my/shop/product/c...-black-8gb-case

Or you can spend a little bit more on a camera that you yourself can also borrow for holidays on the beach or swimming pool. 15m water proof camera that you can take out in the water.

http://www.miyamondo.com.my/shop/product/f...tal-camera-blue
TSconan1
post Mar 27 2017, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Mar 26 2017, 11:10 PM)
I agree with this. Parents would appreciate how easy it is for them to share the photos on WhatsApp. I dont know about your parents, but if mine were to use a P&S, the photos will remain in the camera forever  sweat.gif

QUOTE(sp6068 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:55 PM)
Did you even read the first post? He already stated budget limit you go and recommend something more expensive  doh.gif Not to mention unrelated lagi.
QUOTE(dvlzplayground @ Mar 27 2017, 08:50 AM)
Yes my reading skills is pretty good smile.gif

TS budget for a camera is max rm800. in my opinion, spending just a bit more, for a device that has camera AND tons of other features, is a better value overall.

the main goal here is simply so TS parents can shoot better photos. A P&S is not the only solution to this. Thus, I dont limit my recommendation to only P&S. If other devices can shoot good photos, why is it 'unrelated'?

P&S pros
- suits TS budget
- can zoom
- hardware shutter and buttons

Smartphone pros
- no extra stuff to carry around
- smaller size
- IQ of a < RM800 P&S wont be that much different compared to iPhone 5s
- easier sharing
- easier backup

of course, this is just my opinion. nothing wrong with buying a P&S if TS parents dont want to change phones.

Last but not least, I don't see you recommending anything?  confused.gif
QUOTE(DaddyO @ Mar 27 2017, 02:55 PM)
Few reasons why you would want to get p & s camera over smartphone is for one, the optical zoom. Second reason is because it is easier to .....well....just point and shoot. Do you notice like before taking shots, you tend to look at smartphone screen and fumble to find camera apps before taking shots? I can imagine this on most older folks who dont know how to use shortcut. Besides, TS parents apparently wont care much about pixel peeping so rm800 budget camera would be more than enough.
QUOTE(-kytz- @ Mar 27 2017, 03:26 PM)
Sometimes you may get a good deal on some online sites like Lazada for manual compacts such as the Panasonic LX3 or Olympus XZ1. Have seen them go around RM800 or less..
QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Mar 27 2017, 03:32 PM)
Canon IXUS series is simple and nice for what you looking for:

http://www.miyamondo.com.my/shop/product/c...-black-8gb-case
Or you can spend a little bit more on a camera that you yourself can also borrow for holidays on the beach or swimming pool.  15m water proof camera that you can take out in the water.

http://www.miyamondo.com.my/shop/product/f...tal-camera-blue
sorry guys..busy working..hahah biggrin.gif

btw my parents not into tech stuff..very much..so everything must be simple and easier to use..thats why i just looking for simple point and shoot camera. laugh.gif

however I do understand why some of you guys recommend my parents to get a good phone with good camera, I know.. sweat.gif but my parents really not into "that" smartphone yet...prefer to use simple tech like 3310 tho..if u know what i mean..so i just making everything simple for them... laugh.gif

I appreciate all the recommendation above guys, thank you very much..definitely going through above suggestions. rclxms.gif

yanx887
post Mar 31 2017, 06:23 PM

1 posts

Or maybe TS can go online and check, the price should be cheaper. Compare those website like Shopee or 11street, check the price and customer rating

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:00 AM