Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Hit By Bike While Making A Right Turn

views

Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2017, 02:21 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(GeNez @ Mar 26 2017, 07:34 PM)
Not everything is kopi money in Malaysia. U break the law hv to pay... based on this rationale then the car should have advantage cos want to makan bike punya small money for what... sure makan big money la.

Anyhow, TS, the law states that your left and right should be clear of all traffic before turning. Regardless of blind spot or not... when taking test they teach about blind spots yes?

It's the same concept as tailgating... u can say the car in front e-brake but it's your fault cos you are at a distance where you can't stop in time. Same for above. You can't say that you don't see the bike especially when you explain to sergeant he can tell you did not check blind spot and just turn. It's all basic traffic rules really. You can go to court but I am certain your bro will lose. The sergeant was being nice when he told you the consequence before the other party made report.

Before blasting the law please check your facts. Don't be like the rest of the sheep.
ooh someone making some sense before just blindly blasting assumptions hehe thumbsup.gif
Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2017, 02:24 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(-PuPu^ZaPruD3r- @ Mar 27 2017, 12:04 AM)
I wonder if u are from kl or pj. Or maybe outstation  perhaps?

Also I wonder if u speak from experience  or just simply talk?

I am speaking  based on few experiences in kl and pj police

It's  like saying police conduct road blocks to catch thieves instead of cari makan (expired  road tax, no seat belts,  using handphone etc)

No wonder the country is still backwards with ppl like u smile.gif
i posted based on my experience on BOTH END of the fence.
i am both a rider and a driver, i've been in accidents/crashes on both bike/car.

before simply accusing people causing the country to be backwards, take a good hard look upon oneself.
it's things like these that's really causing the country to being backwards.
rcracer
post Mar 27 2017, 06:41 AM

?????
3,743 posts

Our driver's ed here completely neglects teaching you that your head is not solidly fixed to your neck and that you can turn it to check around you before any maneuvers

JunJun04035
post Mar 27 2017, 08:10 AM

Sir Kalahari, Duke of Autocorrect
1,167 posts

It's  like saying police conduct road blocks to catch thieves instead of cari makan (expired  road tax, no seat belts,  using handphone etc)

LAST CHECK, driving with a vehicle without valid roadtax/insurance, driving while using phones, driving without applying seat belt is still an offence laugh.gif

How would it be backward if the police is doing their job? rolleyes.gif
JunJun04035
post Mar 27 2017, 08:12 AM

1,167 posts

QUOTE(reficulliah @ Mar 26 2017, 03:11 AM)
Happened At Jalan Impian Emas 8 around noon today.

My brother was driving home from lunch and when attempting to make a popular right turn onto a smaller lane, a biker unfortunately hit the right side (where the side mirror is) and according to my brother, the biker flew like superman covering a distance of approximately 15-20 feet.

Thankfully the biker's injuries were not so serious and although my bro had offered to bring him to the nearest private clinic within the vicinity for check up and treatment, the biker declined and called his friend to take him instead.

A few hours later, my bro called the biker to ask if he was alright and try and settle things but the call didn't go so well.

My bro claims, that he has already signaled right long before making turn and didn't see the biker.

Let's be frank here... when you're already prepping for a right turn, you're on the rightest most part of the road and you're paying attention to the oncoming traffic to make sure it's safe to cross. I would have never expected any vehicle to be on my right unless it's illegally overtaking and travelling on the opposite lane.

The biker on the other hand claims that he was already riding beside the car (on the right) and didn't see the signal.

After making the report, the officer said MOST LIKELY my brother is at fault but can't conclude yet as he hasn't heard the the biker's side of the story. He also took the liberty to say if my bro isn't happy with the outcome, he can go to court.

The officer took no interest in looking at the dent caused by the impact which really bothers me. Wouldn't the dent reveal clues as to what actually happened?

It's just sickening how when one is living life righteously and responsibly this kind of sh*t happens and despite knowing we're innocent, but judged otherwise.

LIFE....
If your brother is on a dedicated lane for turning right, then you have a case to fight for.

Else it is most definitely your brother faults
mushigen
post Mar 27 2017, 10:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(JunJun04035 @ Mar 27 2017, 08:12 AM)
If your brother is on a dedicated lane for turning right, then you have a case to fight for.

Else it is most definitely your brother faults
Even if was a turning lane, biker can still claim TS turned suddenly when biker was preparing to turn.

A most unfortunate accident if TS did signal early. Even in the negeri Kamikaze motorcyclists (you know which state), they usually give turning cars a wide berth if the indicator is switched on....provided the motorcyclists are turning, which in this case, they will turn beside your car.
adamhzm90
post Mar 27 2017, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,269 posts

I think you're just speaking from stereotypes of police.

I have drive cars and ride bikes for almost a decade now and never accouter police asking for any duit kopi or whatnot.

JunJun04035
post Mar 27 2017, 12:19 PM

1,167 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Mar 27 2017, 10:12 AM)
Even if was a turning lane, biker can still claim TS turned suddenly when biker was preparing to turn.

A most unfortunate accident if TS did signal early. Even in the negeri Kamikaze motorcyclists (you know which state), they usually give turning cars a wide berth if the indicator is switched on....provided the motorcyclists are turning, which in this case, they will turn beside your car.
depends on the evidence la, but if both of you turning, it wont be a head on smashed against the door mah laugh.gif
Ge[N]ez
post Mar 27 2017, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(adamhzm90 @ Mar 27 2017, 10:39 AM)
I think you're just speaking from stereotypes of police.

I have drive cars and ride bikes for almost a decade now and never accouter police asking for any duit kopi or whatnot.
Bro, The country is corrupt cos of these ppl, that you were talking about that accepts the minority of corruption to be mainstream and that is something unchangeable. Sad.

This post has been edited by Ge[N]ez: Mar 27 2017, 07:49 PM
Ge[N]ez
post Mar 27 2017, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Where i am does not really matter does it. I am still a Malaysian and I believe that if you don't break the law, you will have nothing for them to 'makan' about.

And ur experiences must hv warranted you doing something against the law thats y u had to pay makan money right? If not then u were wrongly accused and i suggest u take it to court if ur innocent. No ppoint paying makan money and then complaining like a littkle bitch about it. I believe no matter how corrupt they are, they would not frame ppl just to make a few bucks (case in point being traffic offences... pls do not bring up drug cases and such)..

And the country backwards phrase... my god. It's ppl LIKE YOU that the country is backward. Supporting the crime of bribery and committing offences feeling entitled that they should be let go just cos they have money to throw in ppl's face. ....If we all don't break the law, they will not hv a reason to cari makan. Simple as that.

It's ppl like u that makes me sick, want to support the crime and then complain about it. No supply means no demand. My advice to u, stop breaking the law asshole.
cysun
post Mar 28 2017, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

Sounds like my story. Bike rider was a young guy, carrying his niece back from school. Immediate reaction was to bring them both home first and get treatment. When i saw my car, smashed side mirror and huge dent on the driver door from the bike handle. All kena pay myself
abu.shofwan
post Mar 29 2017, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,455 posts

Things like these makes me wanna sell off my old car and get a kapchai or something (not enough money for a Harley Davidson, la)
Zot
post Mar 29 2017, 11:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

Anything can happen. Depends on how you report/tell the story when filing police report. If you don't file report also, be careful.

My dad had an accident somewhere in Johor. After discussion, my dad pay one sum using check to other party. No police report was filed because both agree to settle.

Months after that incident, a lawyer letter came in asking for compensation. The police chief in accident region was contacted and he told my dad that it was good that my dad pay using check. It can be proof that the settlement was done. icon_idea.gif

In this case it is hard to prove that you have given turn signal and it is also proof that the motor was on the car side. Nowadays even if the motor on car side, riders can still see signal. You can say you have given signal for 10 seconds already and looked at the side mirror there was nothing overtaking. The motor must be fast to suddenly appeared. No kidding, it happened many times to me. Actually it is very important to glance to your right before making turn because the motor or car can be on blind spot.
mushigen
post Mar 29 2017, 02:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(abu.shofwan @ Mar 29 2017, 11:35 AM)
Things like these makes me wanna sell off my old car and get a kapchai or something (not enough money for a Harley Davidson, la)
Not worth it la, bro. When a biker kena langgar or langgar people and dies, siapa salah is not important to the biker because when he loses his life he loses an important part of him.
CKKwan
post Mar 29 2017, 02:57 PM

Enthusiast
886 posts

According to Rempit Logic, your brother is wrong.

Now very interesting, if you swap the position of the Car and the Bike (Bike try to turn right and your brother hit him). According to Rempit Logic, it is still your brother wrong.
santaclaus
post Mar 29 2017, 03:05 PM

Casual
310 posts

i thought motor should keep to the left of the lane even if they are turning right?

but in msia , yes i agreed motor always right. dont matter car hit motor ,motor hit car. motor is always right.

especially those motorcyclist is injured.

why? bcause they can claim your car insurance up to hundred of thousands.

a lot lawyers cari makan with these victims.most and almost all sergeants will ask the motorcyclist go to hospital and rest. he will go and take statement later.
and then tell the driver make a report and wait their call.

in the meantime , sergeant will contact lawyer they good with and pass the case. the lawyer will immediately find the motorcyclist , explain how he can help him claim insurance. easy money.

here sergeant got comm , lawyer got business , motorcyclist got compensation. driver loses ncd only. unless someone died.

so makan duit in the sense the sergeant should help driver is wrong here. there is no way the driver can offer as much as the lawyer do.

how i know.based on 2 exp.

and 1 of it is i kena myself. traffic jam. i put signal to turn into left lane from middle lane. already in left lane. moved about 2 car space. boom motor hit me.

came down , bring victim to hospital.then make report.

sergeant came down and c my car. dented at right side of my bumper. i said if i hit him while turning from middle to left lane , the dent should be at the left bumper. he nodded and say yes.

after 3days , called me say im wrong. i asked what about the dent? he say mayb motorcyclist wanna swerve right to avoid me so kena thr. i said traffic jam , i couldnt drive very fast and i put signal. the motorcyclist should had seen me. he answer , mayb he zigzag out and ride too fast. tak sempat brake.
ok,motorcycle speed within cars>tak sempat brake > hit me > i salah. great. the sergeant even remind me to contact my insurance company say im wrong and the other party is claiming from my insurance.

second story , my fren. fren ride bike. hit car at the junction. fren say he sleepy so didnt pay attention. verdict > bike win and get 100k compensation.
coz car stop over the line at the junction , so bike hit car. for god sake , the road so damn big , swerve a little oso wont hit car plus if not riding fast , sure can brake. my fren say , the moment report is made , 2 guys from lawyer firm already at hospital within 15mins. the lawyers say he handle everything
and assured him tht he is the victim,

not all cops are bad but mayb just luck , i seldom met the good ones.
chtan
post Mar 29 2017, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,283 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Mar 26 2017, 01:42 PM)
Bang motor bike, is always car wrong

They are considered 'vulnerable' so car has duty to care for them

Sucks yes but that is how it is
Shows us the laws which dictate this or not true at all. As far as I know this is a norm statement given by lazy inspector who wants to close the case as fast as possible. Just challenge them and they will back off.

This post has been edited by chtan: Mar 29 2017, 03:12 PM
santaclaus
post Mar 29 2017, 03:08 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Mar 29 2017, 11:47 AM)
Anything can happen. Depends on how you report/tell the story when filing police report. If you don't file report also, be careful.

My dad had an accident somewhere in Johor. After discussion, my dad pay one sum using check to other party. No police report was filed because both agree to settle.

Months after that incident, a lawyer letter came in asking for compensation. The police chief in accident region was contacted and he told my dad that it was good that my dad pay using check. It can be proof that the settlement was done.  icon_idea.gif

In this case it is hard to prove that you have given turn signal and it is also proof that the motor was on the car side. Nowadays even if the motor on car side, riders can still see signal. You can say you have given signal for 10 seconds already and looked at the side mirror there was nothing overtaking. The motor must be fast to suddenly appeared. No kidding, it happened many times to me. Actually it is very important to glance to your right before making turn because the motor  or car can be on blind spot.
nowadays even i c the motor from far away , i stil let them pass b4 i turn. sometimes car behind honk honk oso dun care la.

dunwan anything happen then waste my ncd.
santaclaus
post Mar 29 2017, 03:11 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(chtan @ Mar 29 2017, 03:05 PM)
Show the laws which dictate this. No true at all. This statement is only coming out from lazy inspector who want to close the case fast. I believe you can fight it off in court.
the law doesnt says motor always right. is those sergeant who decide this.

and going to court wasnt easy. beside time consuming , you need a lawyer. sergeant will just say , just mengaku , then settled. cause compensation not driver pays , insurance company pay. which is true also. and sometimes , u c the motorcyclist injured and cant work , kesian also.

if you had made an accident report before , it is not the law that says who is wrong. is the sergeant who made the "keputusan". they can use all kind of excuse to say you are wrong.

This post has been edited by santaclaus: Mar 29 2017, 03:13 PM
abu.shofwan
post Mar 29 2017, 03:12 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Mar 29 2017, 02:54 PM)
Not worth it la, bro. When a biker kena langgar or langgar people and dies, siapa salah is not important to the biker because when he loses his life he loses an important part of him.
yeah bro, i know. hence why i still keep my old car.

but when tragedy happens to us, sometimes we wished we were on the other side. grass always looks greener on the other side, eh... although reality may be completely bleak.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:54 PM