Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Hit By Bike While Making A Right Turn

views

TSreficulliah
post Mar 26 2017, 03:11 AM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Happened At Jalan Impian Emas 8 around noon today.

My brother was driving home from lunch and when attempting to make a popular right turn onto a smaller lane, a biker unfortunately hit the right side (where the side mirror is) and according to my brother, the biker flew like superman covering a distance of approximately 15-20 feet.

Thankfully the biker's injuries were not so serious and although my bro had offered to bring him to the nearest private clinic within the vicinity for check up and treatment, the biker declined and called his friend to take him instead.

A few hours later, my bro called the biker to ask if he was alright and try and settle things but the call didn't go so well.

My bro claims, that he has already signaled right long before making turn and didn't see the biker.

Let's be frank here... when you're already prepping for a right turn, you're on the rightest most part of the road and you're paying attention to the oncoming traffic to make sure it's safe to cross. I would have never expected any vehicle to be on my right unless it's illegally overtaking and travelling on the opposite lane.

The biker on the other hand claims that he was already riding beside the car (on the right) and didn't see the signal.

After making the report, the officer said MOST LIKELY my brother is at fault but can't conclude yet as he hasn't heard the the biker's side of the story. He also took the liberty to say if my bro isn't happy with the outcome, he can go to court.

The officer took no interest in looking at the dent caused by the impact which really bothers me. Wouldn't the dent reveal clues as to what actually happened?

It's just sickening how when one is living life righteously and responsibly this kind of sh*t happens and despite knowing we're innocent, but judged otherwise.

LIFE....

adamhzm90
post Mar 26 2017, 03:16 AM

Regular
1,269 posts

your brother didnt look at side mirror before turning?

machiem your brother salah.. just giving signal doesnt automatically makes him innocent..

well, if he insisted he's not in the wrong, just do what the police said la. fight in court
riezzien
post Mar 26 2017, 07:25 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

the bike is at his blindspot when your brother turning.
so yea, its your brothers fault.
did he really slowdown while looking at right side mirror? if he did, it might reveal the position and prevent collision
tictac88
post Mar 26 2017, 07:32 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

biker always have excuse one. even if your car has to stop because red light has turned on, if biker hit you from the back, he would still blame you why stopping since he was riding right behind you. lol.
-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-
post Mar 26 2017, 08:56 AM

PS5 gamer + 4D addict
2,380 posts

Welcome to Malaysia

It's always the car's fault no matter what

Unless u pay some "kopi money " then sergeant will say different thing smile.gif
mushigen
post Mar 26 2017, 10:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Tough luck. When I turn, I always ensure:
1. No idiots riding beside me
2. No idiots can ride beside me by closing the gap (but I am consistently amazed by their sheer stupidity to still try and squeeze).

When I realise the above don't work all the time, I installed a rear dashcam (in addition to front). In TS' case, a rear cam would have clearly shown biker squeezing before or after car had turned right.
acbc
post Mar 26 2017, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

Signal or not, biker always right.
berzerk
post Mar 26 2017, 10:38 AM

Enthusiast
705 posts

QUOTE(-PuPu^ZaPruD3r- @ Mar 26 2017, 08:56 AM)
Welcome to Malaysia

It's  always the car's  fault no matter  what

Unless  u pay some "kopi money " then sergeant  will say  different  thing smile.gif
rcracer
post Mar 26 2017, 01:42 PM

?????
3,743 posts

Bang motor bike, is always car wrong

They are considered 'vulnerable' so car has duty to care for them

Sucks yes but that is how it is
roocarroll
post Mar 26 2017, 01:51 PM

32 posts

I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of the accident but it sounds like your brother was at fault. He should have been aware of people passing on the right (the correct side). If he was turning left and the bike tried to overtake him on the left (undertake), I'd say it was the bike's fault.

I recently saw a bike crash into a car near my house. There was a line of traffic and a car pulled out of a junction crossing the line of traffic. A bike was speeding past the traffic on the wrong side of the road and hit the car. 100% the bike's fault. He was on the wrong side of the road and speeding. Still, I'd imagine the police ruled the other way.
myteam94
post Mar 26 2017, 03:52 PM

Casual
400 posts

wait..wait
bike riding beside him all along?
and didnt notice the signal
why did the bike riding beside in a blindspot area?

biker also at fault for not paying attention on the car
the police kinda stupid for making an assumption and didnt look at the dent
i vote for biker at fault
justification : why ride in blind spot area? why didnt pay full attention at the road/car?

kadajawi
post Mar 26 2017, 03:59 PM

On my way
544 posts

QUOTE(rcracer @ Mar 26 2017, 01:42 PM)
Bang motor bike, is always car wrong

They are considered 'vulnerable' so car has duty to care for them

Sucks yes but that is how it is
It's a stupid "rule" though, because due to this excuse they drive extra dangerous.

Did your brother turn around his head to look if there was someone in his blind spot?
mushigen
post Mar 26 2017, 05:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Mar 26 2017, 03:52 PM)
wait..wait
bike riding beside him all along?
and didnt notice the signal
why did the bike riding beside in a blindspot area?

biker also at fault for not paying attention on the car
the police kinda stupid for making an assumption and didnt look at the dent
i vote for biker at fault
justification : why ride in blind spot area? why didnt pay full attention at the road/car?
All road users are supposed to check their blindspots when driving, especially when turning or changing lane. How do you check your blindspots? You turn your head. I don't know whether learner riders or drivers are taught about blindspot nowadays, for I had never heard of blindspot when I learned riding/driving years ago.

Even cars can be hidden in our blindspots when they travel on the adjacent lanes. When changing lane, you are supposed to check for them, instead of blaming them for staying in the blindspots. I don't suppose you blame other cars for staying in your blindspot when they are beside your lane.

Maybe these bikers are not aware of blindspots, especially if they do not have car licence. I have to agree that some riders do not pay attention on the road - defensive riding is not something they are used to.
SUSMatrix
post Mar 26 2017, 05:43 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Malaysia bro.

Rempit > All.

Zot
post Mar 26 2017, 05:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

Welcome to Malaysia

Unless  u pay some "kopi money " then sergeant  will say  different  thing smile.gif
Have you been to Thailand? No matter what condition, the bigger vehicle is always at fault
Zot
post Mar 26 2017, 05:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Mar 26 2017, 05:40 PM)
All road users are supposed to check their blindspots when driving, especially when turning or changing lane. How do you check your blindspots? You turn your head. I don't know whether learner riders or drivers are taught about blindspot nowadays, for I had never heard of blindspot when I learned riding/driving years ago.

Even cars can be hidden in our blindspots when they travel on the adjacent lanes. When changing lane, you are supposed to check for them, instead of blaming them for staying in the blindspots. I don't suppose you blame other cars for staying in your blindspot when they are beside your lane.

Maybe these bikers are not aware of blindspots, especially if they do not have car licence. I have to agree that some riders do not pay attention on the road - defensive riding is not something they are used to.
Based on my observation, most drivers give signal just before turning, i.e like signal light blink only once or twice already turn. Another habit is to brake suddenly and then only signal the turn. Should have signal well before slowing down sad.gif
Ge[N]ez
post Mar 26 2017, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Welcome to Malaysia

Not everything is kopi money in Malaysia. U break the law hv to pay... based on this rationale then the car should have advantage cos want to makan bike punya small money for what... sure makan big money la.

Anyhow, TS, the law states that your left and right should be clear of all traffic before turning. Regardless of blind spot or not... when taking test they teach about blind spots yes?

It's the same concept as tailgating... u can say the car in front e-brake but it's your fault cos you are at a distance where you can't stop in time. Same for above. You can't say that you don't see the bike especially when you explain to sergeant he can tell you did not check blind spot and just turn. It's all basic traffic rules really. You can go to court but I am certain your bro will lose. The sergeant was being nice when he told you the consequence before the other party made report.

Before blasting the law please check your facts. Don't be like the rest of the sheep.
kingz113
post Mar 26 2017, 08:17 PM

Casual
323 posts

Check your insurance policy right away and make sure you inform your insurance provider right away if they require u to report any event that might lead to a claim within 24 hours, failing which you may not be insured. You can bet your ass some ambulance chaser lawyer is already talking to the biker, and before u know it you will have a medical claim, loss of employment claim haunting u.
-cmi-
post Mar 26 2017, 08:41 PM

On my way
664 posts

Lol. Similar incident happened in front of my eyes these evening around 4pm++ at Taman Connaught.
The road was slippery as the rain just stops.
One Honda City already signaled for quiet sometimes and ready to make a left turn.
And suddenly one motorcycle (EX5) which stays on emergency lane rev fast and bang the side of Honda City.
In that situation, i agreed the motorcyclist at fault there. He not supposed to drive fast since the road was wet and should be more alert with surrounding since Honda City obviously signaled for quiet sometimes.
Not sure if your case is similar. Whose right and wrong is subjective though and only can be judge by witnesses there as the story can being manipulated by both party.

-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-
post Mar 27 2017, 12:04 AM

PS5 gamer + 4D addict
2,380 posts

QUOTE(GeNez @ Mar 26 2017, 07:34 PM)
Not everything is kopi money in Malaysia. U break the law hv to pay... based on this rationale then the car should have advantage cos want to makan bike punya small money for what... sure makan big money la.

Anyhow, TS, the law states that your left and right should be clear of all traffic before turning. Regardless of blind spot or not... when taking test they teach about blind spots yes?

It's the same concept as tailgating... u can say the car in front e-brake but it's your fault cos you are at a distance where you can't stop in time. Same for above. You can't say that you don't see the bike especially when you explain to sergeant he can tell you did not check blind spot and just turn. It's all basic traffic rules really. You can go to court but I am certain your bro will lose. The sergeant was being nice when he told you the consequence before the other party made report.

Before blasting the law please check your facts. Don't be like the rest of the sheep.
I wonder if u are from kl or pj. Or maybe outstation perhaps?

Also I wonder if u speak from experience or just simply talk?

I am speaking based on few experiences in kl and pj police

It's like saying police conduct road blocks to catch thieves instead of cari makan (expired road tax, no seat belts, using handphone etc)

No wonder the country is still backwards with ppl like u smile.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:07 AM