Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A-Level colleges in Malaysia?

views

Alidanilz
post Apr 23 2017, 12:43 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Apr 23 2017, 12:42 AM)
Do you have a price list for External A-Level Subjects fees for AS and A2.
Sorry, I don't. I'm almost graduating from university so I'm not too sure of the prices these days.
iSean
post Apr 23 2017, 12:54 AM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Alidanilz @ Apr 23 2017, 12:43 AM)
Sorry, I don't. I'm almost graduating from university so I'm not too sure of the prices these days.
Ok thanks for reply tho.
What batch are you from tho?
xenonarc99
post Apr 23 2017, 10:26 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

QUOTE(Alidanilz @ Apr 23 2017, 12:37 AM)
I went to KYUEM so you could ask me if you need further info.

Ultimately, it depends on what you want in life.

If you're set on going to top/prestigious universities then A-level is definitely a must option. I have plenty of friends who went to LSE, Oxbridge etc.

If you're okay with decent universities, do consider foundation. Some of the foundation programmes give you direct entry route into their universities. Do google up, some of the universities are not bad at all.

Foundation is definitely easier than A Levels, faster route of progression.

In general you get what you pay for. A Levels is not easy without great teachers especially if you're thinking of taking History, English Lit.

KYUEM may be expensive but they have great level of support. Plus, the advantage of having top scholars in your class. My classmates were mostly intelligent scholars, some even top 20 in Malaysia.
could you please tell me more abt KYUEM ? I mean .... what's so good abt it ... the fees are x.x thx
Alidanilz
post Apr 23 2017, 11:19 AM

40 posts

QUOTE(xenonarc99 @ Apr 23 2017, 10:26 AM)
could you please tell me more abt KYUEM ? I mean .... what's so good abt it ... the fees are x.x    thx
First of all, please do take into the account that you're paying for boarding + food. Understandably, it will be more expensive.

The top scholars are sent to KYUEM for A Levels apart from KTJ. That alone speaks volume of the college itself. I have friends who are scholars of Khazanah, Sime Darby, Shell, Maybank etc.

Yes, there are private students but they too are vetted. We don't simply get accepted based on our capabilities to pay (I was a private student). A close friend of mine was rejected from KY so he went to KTJ. Simply, it's an environment that cultivates people to study. Plus, it is basically in the middle of nowhere. Less distractions.

The teachers are primarily expats. Perhaps the reason why tuition fees are expensive. They are great teachers though especially when it comes to subjects like History, English Lit (if you're planning on taking those). I don't think a local teacher could teach those subjects as good as they could.

Plus, additional support in terms of writing personal statement, university application. You do get extra support if you're thinking of pursuing medicine/ trying to get into Oxbridge. There will always be a group of people who got into Oxbridge every year.
amerazmi
post May 20 2017, 12:59 PM

27 posts

I am not sure if I make this fact right. But, Epsom College Malaysia in Bandar Enstek has the most expensive a-level fees for its 2 year programme.

2 year programme= +- RM300,000

It is costlier that kyuem and ktj combined together.
june96
post Jun 12 2017, 09:10 PM

24 posts

Why not consider Help University (Help Academy) for A-levels? Their prices are cheaper than Taylor and Sunway but IMO their teachers are just as good. (in 2015 it was RM35,000 whereas Sunway/Taylors charge RM50,000)
The downside is that their subjects are quite limited but if you plan to take the mainstream subject combinations then it won't be a problem.
If you do well for SPM I think you will be able to get partial scholarship too.
sailc P
post Jul 3 2020, 05:03 PM

Probation
23 posts

How about KDU Penang? Is the 'A' level conducted there is ok ? Overall, the 'A' level is the same 'A' level regardless of college isn't it?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 AM