Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

i got D for my math HELP !

views

TSScaredOfFuture
post Mar 26 2017, 12:36 AM, updated 8y ago

11 posts

so anyone can help me ? i planned to take diploma in IT but i got D for my math... my spm result is 1b+ 2b 4c 2d ... b+ is science .. b = p.islam, english , c= tasawwur islam, perdagangan , ekonomi asas ... d= sejarah , math .. so my bm is credit and i have 7 credits total but what make me frustrated is i got D for my math and i have to get atleast C to take diploma in IT ... do you guys think any Uni or kolej give me any offer ? or even politeknik ? please anyone give me any suggestion but no i dont want ipts/swasta
danny88888
post Mar 26 2017, 12:54 AM

Casual
321 posts

I think with your status, you should be able to get some courses allocated to you. Most of your peers, do matriculation after SPM. Perhaps you can try to apply either matri/diploma?
Mr.7
post Mar 26 2017, 01:31 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

With your result should be no problem in taking IT courses .
nexona88
post Mar 26 2017, 03:15 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,826 posts

Hmm your result should be okay for Diploma in IT biggrin.gifD
Don't worry.
kingkingyyk
post Mar 26 2017, 03:31 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,425 posts

QUOTE(ScaredOfFuture @ Mar 26 2017, 12:36 AM)
so anyone can help me ? i planned to take diploma in IT but i got D for my math... my spm result is 1b+ 2b 4c 2d ... b+ is science .. b = p.islam, english , c= tasawwur islam, perdagangan , ekonomi asas ... d= sejarah , math .. so my bm is credit and i have 7 credits total but what make me frustrated is i got D for my math and i have to get atleast C to take diploma in IT ... do you guys think any Uni or kolej give me any offer ? or even politeknik ? please anyone give me any suggestion but no i dont want ipts/swasta
If you can't do maths, computing field will be tough for you. Mathematics is the foundation for computing, you will need it in programming / networking from time to time, i.e. optimizing the performance.
Money-
post Mar 26 2017, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Closed.

This post has been edited by Money-: Jun 25 2020, 11:12 AM
shredder
post Mar 26 2017, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

politeknik will always welcome you. just the chance of getting admission is higher for bumiputra.
kingkingyyk
post Mar 26 2017, 04:20 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,425 posts

QUOTE(Money- @ Mar 26 2017, 03:55 PM)
Hello , I plan to go for IT courses too. My results is mentioned on this thread : https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4229016  .

Since I heard you need to be good in logical thinking when it comes to programming. I got A for maths and add maths and that doesn't mean I am good in logical thinking  right? Since scoring A for a subject has many ways in my opinion. I just think that I have a good memory but when it comes to logical thinking , problem solving I am not really sure and confident to describe it myself.
SPM Add Maths A- = Practically just around the passing mark. I won't take that into account. Good memory doesn't work in computing field. Standard algorithms can be gotten easily from Google, but sometimes you need to modify it to fit your usage, here is where you need logic thinking to understand what is happening in each step.

If you are interested, you can pickup a popular language like C++/Java/Python, learn the basic and start solving problems in online judges, like Project Euler (involves a lot of maths that school doesn't teach) and USACO. The questions will twist your brain, and you can find different solutions from others, this it is identical to maths. There is no right or wrong as long as you can solve it correctly within the execution time limit.

This post has been edited by kingkingyyk: Mar 26 2017, 04:23 PM
LightKeyDarkBlade
post Mar 26 2017, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

First, guys please, stop giving advice such as "no problem at all in taking IT courses" when TS's SPM Maths is literally D, not even a credit. I've seen a lot of things like this in this forum. Even with an A in Maths in SPM is barely enough for computing & IT courses with rigourous maths.

You have to understand what it's like in computing & IT courses with the maths. You could be wasting someone's time and money or leading him/her to a dead end in his/her life. STOP.

Second, I don't want to talk about entry requirements yet. You may have a chance at pursuing IT course even with your SPM Maths result as it definitely has less rigourous maths than in Computer Science, that is, if you can enroll into Diploma in IT. But then, you must work hard on your maths after that.

Third, the entry requirement. I can't seem to find any institution that doesn't have a prerequisite of at least a credit in SPM Maths, for Diploma in IT. Apparently, you are also ineligible for Matrikulasi as far as I'm concerned.

Nonetheless, try to apply for Diploma in your preferred IPTAs (since you said you don't want IPTS) or Matrikulasi. If they don't work, then probably polytechnics is your only choice. If you are still determined to go into IT, prepare for maths.
TSScaredOfFuture
post Mar 26 2017, 08:21 PM

11 posts

actually im not that bad in maths, i got B for trial , but I overconfident when taking spm srsly math is the most subject that i confident when i take spm and mostly the subject that i confident is the one i get low urghhh i could have done better , i focused on sej rather than maths because i thought i can do maths ugh lesson learned
TSScaredOfFuture
post Mar 26 2017, 08:25 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(LightKeyDarkBlade @ Mar 26 2017, 08:03 PM)
First, guys please, stop giving advice such as "no problem at all in taking IT courses" when TS's SPM Maths is literally D, not even a credit. I've seen a lot of things like this in this forum. Even with an A in Maths in SPM is barely enough for computing & IT courses with rigourous maths.

You have to understand what it's like in computing & IT courses with the maths. You could be wasting someone's time and money or leading him/her to a dead end in his/her life. STOP.

Second, I don't want to talk about entry requirements yet. You may have a chance at pursuing IT course even with your SPM Maths result as it definitely has less rigourous maths than in Computer Science, that is, if you can enroll into Diploma in IT. But then, you must work hard on your maths after that.

Third, the entry requirement. I can't seem to find any institution that doesn't have a prerequisite of at least a credit in SPM Maths, for Diploma in IT. Apparently, you are also ineligible for Matrikulasi as far as I'm concerned.

Nonetheless, try to apply for Diploma in your preferred IPTAs (since you said you don't want IPTS) or Matrikulasi. If they don't work, then probably polytechnics is your only choice. If you are still determined to go into IT, prepare for maths.
thanks for the reply you're good people

This post has been edited by ScaredOfFuture: Mar 26 2017, 08:26 PM
Money-
post Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Closed.

This post has been edited by Money-: Jun 25 2020, 11:10 AM
Money-
post Mar 26 2017, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Closed.

This post has been edited by Money-: Jun 25 2020, 11:10 AM
TSScaredOfFuture
post Mar 26 2017, 08:31 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(Money- @ Mar 26 2017, 08:27 PM)
So you planing to take IT?
yeah i really interested in IT
corneliuswilson
post Mar 26 2017, 08:34 PM

7 posts

http://semaksyarat.info/

Check there. It will show what courses you can take and which institution will be available to you according to your result. All will be IPTA. But need UPU pin la

This post has been edited by corneliuswilson: Mar 26 2017, 08:34 PM
neonikson1
post Mar 28 2017, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

Know your strengths and weaknesses when you select your career!

Is good to have passion, but if your passion is in doing something you are not good at then it is going to be a up hill battle.

CS is also known as minor in Math. Of course having a strong math foundation is considered given for CS students.
amrieshah
post Mar 29 2017, 01:27 AM

4 posts

i had same situation as you. SPM 2013 candidate, i got D grade in math. That time i felt really regret for not struggle studying math. My alternative way is go for Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia Sistem Komputer or related with IT course, requirement only need pass any subjects, not credits. Its under Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran. You can search for it. u said planned to take diploma IT right? If u dont want to re-seat for math Julai. This is only solution for u.

This post has been edited by amrieshah: Mar 29 2017, 01:51 AM
tin_math
post May 25 2017, 12:53 AM

17 posts

Prove to the colleges that you are good in math by taking up pre-university courses in that subject or pre-university exams.

If you need any help in such preparations, feel free to drop me a line or coffee for an initial consultation. I offer math tuition and paid consultations on how to better prepare for numerical tests.

Good luck!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:43 PM