Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Joel Campbell confirms return to Arsenal

views

TSjordanwelch
post Mar 24 2017, 02:04 PM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Joel Campbell has confirmed that he will rejoin Arsenal once his season-long loan deal with Sporting Lisbon concludes in the summer.

The Portuguese club did not include an option to buy the Costa Rica striker on a permanent basis at the end of the campaign and have given no indication thus far that they are interested in a more permanent solution.

Campbell admitted that he requested the loan move away from Arsenal last summer after struggling to nail down a regular place in the starting XI during the previous campaign. He has completed just one full season – during the 2015/16 campaign - and the first half of the 2014/15 campaign with the Gunners since joining the club in 2011 with the rest of the time being spent away on loan. He has made 23 appearances in the Premier League, but completed the full 90 minutes just once.

The 24-year-old has failed to impress during his time with Sporting managing just four goals in his 25 appearances so far this campaign. He has not featured regularly in recent weeks and is hopeful of more game time once he returns from international duty with Costa Rica.

"There is no purchase option. I have to fulfill my loan to Sporting in the best way and then return to Arsenal," Campbell told Portuguese publication A Bola.

"I have given my best, sometimes I do not play, but football is like that. But I hope that when I return I can play again," the Costa Rican forward added.
Campbell has 15 months remaining on his current deal with an extension looking unlikely at the moment. The former Deportivo Saprissa forward has failed to break into the senior setup in a convincing manner and it is likely Arsenal could look to offload him on a permanent basis in the summer.

WILL ARSENE GIVE HIM A RUN IN THE CURRENT SQUAD? He really deserve to be in the first team. He had great performances last season. I hope he won't be treated like Lucas Perez.
and85rew
post Mar 24 2017, 08:03 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

Think almost all AW players cant reach full potential
Even once great Ramsey declines
max_cavalera
post Mar 24 2017, 08:15 PM

rebirth
5,408 posts

What can he do to arsenal team?

Hes position is crowded already
max_cavalera
post Mar 24 2017, 08:47 PM

rebirth
5,408 posts

QUOTE(and85rew @ Mar 24 2017, 09:03 PM)
Think almost all AW players cant reach full potential
Even once great Ramsey declines
Wenger tak cukup garang....
and85rew
post Mar 24 2017, 08:48 PM

Red Devil
865 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Mar 24 2017, 08:47 PM)
Wenger tak cukup garang....
should kick boot n hair dryer like fergie lol

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.75    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:41 PM