Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apply to NUS | AY17/18

Tedsy
post Apr 20 2017, 11:34 AM
Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I've been offered to study degree in chemical engineering. But there is no mention of scholarship. Can somebody enlighten me on this? Thx smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
icefire123
post Apr 20 2017, 08:10 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(Tedsy @ Apr 20 2017, 11:34 AM)
I've been offered to study degree in chemical engineering. But there is no mention of scholarship. Can somebody enlighten me on this? Thx smile.gif
Wait for a few days. The interview letter will not come together with the offer letter.

I still hasn't received offer letter though..... Sigh.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kcdw96
post Apr 20 2017, 08:15 PM
On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(icefire123 @ Apr 20 2017, 08:10 PM)
Wait for a few days. The interview letter will not come together with the offer letter.

I got my offer mid may, so as long as you are not rejected yet means there's still chance
+Quote Post
Terminator01
post Apr 20 2017, 08:54 PM
Group: New Member

hey everyone, i received an offer for Engineering Science. not my first choice so i don't really know much about it. i have read some info on the NUS website but still a bit confused about this subject because i haven't heard a lot of unis offering this course. anyone here know about it? also is it a very competitive course?

and anyone knows how they decide which course they offer to you? is it like if you're rejected for your first choice then they move on to the next choice and so on?

+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 21 2017, 02:20 PM
【鬼の隠し拳:天地ガエシ】

QUOTE(Tedsy @ Apr 20 2017, 12:34 PM)
Hi Tedsy, congrats on your offer and WELCOME TO NUS CHEM ENG! rclxms.gif

I will be your senior haha. If you want to accept NUS offer, please start brushing up your maths skills haha.

scholarship interview invitation will be sent to you days after you got your offer, so no worries! I got mine like a week after the offer letter.

This post has been edited by scgoh123: Apr 21 2017, 02:31 PM
+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 21 2017, 02:21 PM

QUOTE(icefire123 @ Apr 20 2017, 09:10 PM)
Don't lose hope smile.gif As long as your application still processing you still got hope. Make sure you check you application status everyday though.
+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 21 2017, 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Terminator01 @ Apr 20 2017, 09:54 PM)
hey everyone, i received an offer for Engineering Science. not my first choice so i don't really know much about it. i have read some info on the NUS website but still a bit confused about this subject because i haven't heard a lot of unis offering this course. anyone here know about it? also is it a very competitive course?

and anyone knows how they decide which course they offer to you? is it like if you're rejected for your first choice then they move on to the next choice and so on?
Congrats on getting into Engineering Science Program!

You can refer to this website:
http://www.esp.nus.edu.sg/prospective_curriculum.html

IMO, ESP is more to science and research. If you like conducting research then this program might be good for you smile.gif

Don't worry, bell curve of ESP is kinda normal haha.

They will see your Indicative Grade Profile as compared to the pool of applicants of your first choice, second choice and so on. As getting into NUS is pretty competitive, so you might not get your choice of courses.

Anyway may I know what's your preference?

+Quote Post
Tedsy
post Apr 21 2017, 02:47 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(scgoh123 @ Apr 21 2017, 02:20 PM)
Hi Tedsy, congrats on your offer and WELCOME TO NUS CHEM ENG! rclxms.gif

I will be your senior haha. If you want to accept NUS offer, please start brushing up your maths skills haha.

scholarship interview invitation will be sent to you days after you got your offer, so no worries! I got mine like a week after the offer letter.
Thanks! But I'm worried that the invitation will come after the deadline to accept the offer which is 28 april. So should I accept the offer first?
+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 22 2017, 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Tedsy @ Apr 21 2017, 03:47 PM)
Thanks! But I'm worried that the invitation will come after the deadline to accept the offer which is 28 april. So should I accept the offer first?
Yes, it's better to accept the offer first. Because I received scholarship interview email after I accepted the offer.

And do check your email frequently for any latest news from NUS! biggrin.gif

Last but not least, like and follow our NUS Malaysian Students' League FB page for upcoming orientation events specially catered for you freshmen! You can even get useful information like tips for nailing ASEAN scholarship interview and many more!

https://www.facebook.com/nus.msl.ufo/
+Quote Post
stickmanchong17
post Apr 22 2017, 11:35 AM
Getting Started

QUOTE(scgoh123 @ Apr 22 2017, 09:08 AM)
Yes, it's better to accept the offer first. Because I received scholarship interview email after I accepted the offer.

And do check your email frequently for any latest news from NUS!  biggrin.gif

Last but not least, like and follow our NUS Malaysian Students' League FB page for upcoming orientation events specially catered for you freshmen! You can even get useful information like tips for nailing ASEAN scholarship interview and many more!

It's very nice of you to take the initiative to offer help & assistance to prospective NUS students! rclxms.gif
I believe the juniors will benefit from your valuable experience as an ASEAN scholar at NUS, eg. scholarship interviews, what to prepare before studying in NUS, methods of coping with culture shock in SG, etc.
Keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif
+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 25 2017, 11:57 AM

QUOTE(stickmanchong17 @ Apr 22 2017, 12:35 PM)
It's very nice of you to take the initiative to offer help & assistance to prospective NUS students!  rclxms.gif
I believe the juniors will benefit from your valuable experience as an ASEAN scholar at NUS, eg. scholarship interviews, what to prepare before studying in NUS, methods of coping with culture shock in SG, etc.
Keep up the good work!  thumbsup.gif
Thanks stickmanchong17 biggrin.gif

I am just doing my best to let the prospective juniors to get used to the new study environment.
+Quote Post
scrublet
post Apr 25 2017, 02:25 PM

Anyone applied/enrolled in CS? Hows the program there?
+Quote Post
Terminator01
post Apr 25 2017, 07:38 PM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(scgoh123 @ Apr 21 2017, 02:27 PM)
Congrats on getting into Engineering Science Program!

You can refer to this website:
http://www.esp.nus.edu.sg/prospective_curriculum.html

IMO, ESP is more to science and research. If you like conducting research then this program might be good for you smile.gif

Don't worry, bell curve of ESP is kinda normal haha.

They will see your Indicative Grade Profile as compared to the pool of applicants of your first choice, second choice and so on. As getting into NUS is pretty competitive, so you might not get your choice of courses.

Anyway may I know what's your preference?
I see. I like that it covers a wide range of knowledge but i dunno if it's for me. Im not sure if im gonna continue masters or not.

Computer science/engineering stuffs. CS first choice. Then ESP the second bcoz i wasnt sure which engineering to study lol
+Quote Post
scgoh123
post Apr 26 2017, 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Terminator01 @ Apr 25 2017, 08:38 PM)
I see. I like that it covers a wide range of knowledge but i dunno if it's for me. Im not sure if im gonna continue masters or not.

Computer science/engineering stuffs. CS first choice. Then ESP the second bcoz i wasnt sure which engineering to study lol
Ah. Computer Science/Engineering are quite competitive nowadays. The minimum entry requirements for Singaporeans are 3 As in H2 A-levels and 1A in H1. sweat.gif

ESP and Common Engineering are quite general. If not mistaken there's a specialization called "Computational Engineering Science" so if not mistaken, it will be kinda similar to Computer Science? tongue.gif

But if you really want to know more you need to approach the department or seniors for more details. I am not from ESP, so I don't know much about it haha.

And do you know you can actually apply for special programs like Double Major, Double Degree (if you want to challenge yourself, why not tongue.gif), Minor Programs, iDCP to enhance your study journey?

My advice now is if you are interested in this program and want to study in NUS, accept the offer, then check your email for latest updates such as scholarship interviews, welcome tea and etc.

If you want to know who else is studying in NUS this year, or making new friends, or finding out more information, you can like our FB page for further updates!

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0682sec    3.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th April 2017 - 07:45 AM