Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Developer cancel project after sign loan agreement, Need a help from experts

views

TScanho
post Mar 22 2017, 12:13 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
103 posts

Dear all forum members,

I received a message from my developer said the house project i purchases is cancel.

Bank loan already approved and all document already sign except SPA.

The issue is, the SPA still pending to sign since last december i made a Loan Agreement sign and pay.

Developer is not taking any responsibility for all my lost like Loan Agreement fee (Rm10k) and bank loan cancellation penalty.

Their just return the 3% deposit of the total price with 4 months interest i pay when during the booking last November.

This situation is very bad to me and direct damage my CIRQUS since i have a very good record.

To all the members here, did you guys have any experiences like i have or have any good suggestion to settle the issue?

Many thanks,
otua
post Mar 22 2017, 12:16 PM

Casual
499 posts

mind stating which project ?
wchinwai
post Mar 22 2017, 12:20 PM

Casual
385 posts

QUOTE(canho @ Mar 22 2017, 12:13 PM)
Dear all forum members,
I received a message from my developer said the house project i purchases is cancel.

Bank loan already approved and all document already sign except SPA.

The issue is, the SPA still pending to sign since last december i made a Loan Agreement sign and pay.

Developer is not taking any responsibility for all my lost like Loan Agreement fee (Rm10k) and bank loan cancellation penalty.

Their just return the 3% deposit of the total price with 4 months interest i pay when during the booking last November.

This situation is very bad to me and direct damage my CIRQUS since i have a very good record.
To all the members here, did you guys have any experiences like i have or have any good suggestion to settle the issue?
Many thanks,
I am sure other buyers are also affected. Maybe form a group and make complaint.
sunami
post Mar 22 2017, 12:22 PM

MAO TONGKAT
1,415 posts

please share the developer and project name..thanks
cdspins
post Mar 22 2017, 12:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

Sorry for your losses, but in your case, by the law, the developer no need to compensate you as there is not SPA signed between you and developer
Normally the correct way is to get bank to issue a grant of loan paper to lock loan amount and rate, then only sign SPA and finally sign loan with bank.

Reputable developer will arrange internal lawyers so that buyers use the same lawyer and can safe on the lawyer fees. and SPA is signed first then follow by loan.
airtawarian
post Mar 22 2017, 01:59 PM

Regular
1,251 posts

Definitely you have a case against the developer as you have signed a booking form which is a valid document under the law of contract. Hence, you can bring a civil suit/ perhaps a representative group action against the said developer for any loss resulting from your purchase/ loan approval. There is a case decided by High Court.
dannychen
post Mar 23 2017, 09:52 PM

Regular
1,158 posts

i think you can claim bank your charges/booking fee via tribunal of house buyer.

link

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0106sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:40 AM