Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Enterprise Networking TM Metro-E in Damansara Perdana

views

TSqhalidx
post Mar 22 2017, 09:19 AM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
148 posts

Hi guys,

I am working in one of the MNC which specialize with the cinema parts and services. Since our head office is in Thailand, we rely sorely on our VPN which ran on TMBizhub 20. Past couple of month our VPN access is getting disconnected on a daily basis, which told by the tm we need to reboot the modem everyday. My head office IT already given permission for us to upgrade the internet package but with a MetroE requirement, i've been scouring TM website, through phonecalls and their TMPoint nearby but no reply or even a reliable answer. Sent an email to [metroe(at)tm.com.my] but no reply.

Is there anyway to contact the TM MetroE sales guy just to ask the availability and the pricing for my office.
DecaPix
post Mar 22 2017, 10:33 AM

5 star monkey
3,000 posts

QUOTE(qhalidx @ Mar 22 2017, 09:19 AM)
Hi guys,

I am working in one of the MNC which specialize with the cinema parts and services. Since our head office is in Thailand, we rely sorely on our VPN which ran on TMBizhub 20. Past couple of month our VPN access is getting disconnected on a daily basis, which told by the tm we need to reboot the modem everyday. My head office IT already given permission for us to upgrade the internet package but with a MetroE requirement, i've been scouring TM website, through phonecalls and their TMPoint nearby but no reply or even a reliable answer. Sent an email to [metroe(at)tm.com.my] but no reply.

Is there anyway to contact the TM MetroE sales guy just to ask the availability and the pricing for my office.
Cant you just walk down to the TM Point located at E@curve to ask them?
TSqhalidx
post Mar 22 2017, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(DecaPix @ Mar 22 2017, 10:33 AM)
Cant you just walk down to the TM Point located at E@curve to ask them?
Done, even the lady manning both front desk and the counter can't help me, which instead just ask me to email the metroe tm email address. After that nil, communication from them.
niakulah
post Mar 22 2017, 03:16 PM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(qhalidx @ Mar 22 2017, 11:50 AM)
Done, even the lady manning both front desk and the counter can't help me, which instead just ask me to email the metroe tm email address. After that nil, communication from them.
Totally different divisions. People who sell Unifi won't sell MetroE and vice versa. Try here:
https://www.tm.com.my/global/html/contact.html
TSqhalidx
post Mar 22 2017, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Mar 22 2017, 03:16 PM)
Totally different divisions. People who sell Unifi won't sell MetroE and vice versa. Try here:
https://www.tm.com.my/global/html/contact.html
Thanks for the help, see if the email works. Man, the website too vague and no clear contact is hard for potential customer.
NyOx
post Mar 22 2017, 04:46 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(qhalidx @ Mar 22 2017, 10:19 AM)
Hi guys,

you looking Internet connectivity or MPLS? TM Metro e serve for MPLS network. but for internet they call TM Direct. you can PM me and i can assist you.
TSqhalidx
post Mar 22 2017, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Mar 22 2017, 04:46 PM)
you looking Internet connectivity or MPLS? TM Metro e serve for MPLS network. but for internet they call TM Direct. you can PM me and i can assist you.
Many thanks, i already sent a PM to you. Let me know i will communicate further.
niakulah
post Mar 22 2017, 06:55 PM

Senior Artisan
1,264 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Mar 22 2017, 04:46 PM)
Ah yes, you remind me. Last place I worked we got TM DOME(Direct Over MetroE) from TM Direct. Not sure why currently we deal with TM Global. Maybe my manager got different contacts in TM.
TSqhalidx
post Mar 23 2017, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Mar 22 2017, 06:55 PM)
Ah yes, you remind me. Last place I worked we got TM DOME(Direct Over MetroE) from TM Direct. Not sure why currently we deal with TM Global. Maybe my manager got different contacts in TM.
yeah well, this place has Time but not catering to non highrise location only TM and Maxis. Well lets just say i had a bad experience with Maxis and they are using the same infra as TM.
NyOx
post Mar 23 2017, 10:39 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(niakulah @ Mar 22 2017, 07:55 PM)
hiiii.. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
ArticFir3
post Mar 23 2017, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

Do liaise with TM account manager if you have any. Depending on your company size, it might be categorized under Enterprise or SME.
NyOx
post Mar 23 2017, 10:42 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(qhalidx @ Mar 23 2017, 11:34 AM)
yeah well, this place has Time but not catering to non highrise location only TM and Maxis. Well lets just say i had a bad experience with Maxis and they are using the same infra as TM.
well if TM doesn't have infra at this place, it will affect on price. to lay the cable from TM exchange will be freaking expensive.

for unifi yes maxis sharing same infra with TM. for Metro E, they pull individual fiber for a consumer. that why this Metro E service can offer SLA/SLG to a consumer.
TSqhalidx
post Mar 23 2017, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

QUOTE(NyOx @ Mar 23 2017, 10:42 AM)
well if TM doesn't have infra at this place, it will affect on price. to lay the cable from TM exchange will be freaking expensive.

for unifi yes maxis sharing same infra with TM. for Metro E, they pull individual fiber for a consumer. that why this Metro E service can offer SLA/SLG to a consumer.
That's why it's so hard to get anyone from TM to let me know whether is feasible and worthwhile in investing in Metro E whether is coverage, cost getting the cable (if needed here). Time has a better response which helps us straight forward
TSqhalidx
post Mar 24 2017, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

by the way thanks for the all help guys, going to close this topic now.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:43 AM