Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY PUSPAKOM Vehicle Inspection for Interchange, New number on old car

views

TSMikahl
post Mar 21 2017, 02:30 PM, updated 3y ago

35 posts

DIY PUSPAKOM Vehicle Inspection for Interchange (swap new number onto old vehicle, old number onto new vehicle) 2017

I’m buying a new bike, and a new plate. I want to exchange my new plate with my old car, vice versa. This process is defined by JPJ as PERTUKARAN/PEMINDAAN NOMBOR PENDAFTARAN a.k.a. ‘INTERCHANGE’. If you understand the process, it is fairly easy to DIY; but you’ll need some free time on your hands.

The entire INTERCHANGE process:
A. Buy new vehicle registration number (JPJ).
B. Carry out Vehicle Inspection (PUSPAKOM).
C. Submit for number plate change (JPJ).
D. Slap the relevant number plates and new road tax discs onto the respective vehicles.
E. Update Insurance Policy to reflect change in vehicle registration number.

IMPORTANT! WHAT I’M SHARING HERE:
*This post is to share PROCESS-B ONLY: PUSPAKOM INSPECTION (DIY)
*This process falls under the category of ‘Special Inspection’.
*REQUIRED: Original VEHICLE REGISTRATION CARD/GRANT of the vehicle being inspected, and RM53 (vehicle dependent).
*This is based on my experience on 20 March 2017 at PUSPAKOM BATU CAVES (Jalan SBC 9, Taman Sri Batu Caves). Other inspection centres may have a different setup. I did not see any lorries here, only cars and motorcycles.

THE VEHICLE INSPECTION @ PUSPAKOM BATU CAVES

1. Do phone booking at 03-5101 7000 few days in advance. Select place and time (based on availability). You will be given a Booking Number that is 15 characters long for whatever reason (I eventually didn’t even get to use it).

2. On the day of appointment, drive your vehicle to PUSPAKOM, stop near the GUARD HOUSE (at the front gate).

3. Walk to the GUARD HOUSE, pass the guard your Grant and say: “interchange, ada booking”. He will look at your Grant and return it with an ‘Inspection Form’ that has a checklist at the back.

Before walking back to your car, ask which line to queue (there are 2 lines where I was) then go and park behind the designated queue (I went half hour earlier and still had to queue with 15 cars ahead of me)

4. Fill up the Inspection Form (name, NRIC, vehicle number and phone number). The form has an inspection checklist at back (for inspector to fill).

5. Crawl with the queue (with around 15 cars in front of me which started to move as they reopened at 2.00pm, I reached the Inspection Bay only at 3.30pm, that’s about 6 mins per car. And there were dual queue lanes).

6. Upon driving into the inspection complex, follow inspector’s directions on where to park or just follow the herd as they inspect in batches of 4 or 5.

7. Stop where you are told to, turn off the engine, OPEN THE BONNET, and alight from your car.

8. Quickly go look for ‘KAUNTER BAYARAN’ to Register: submit Inspection Form, Grant and pay required amount (mine was RM53 – Pickup Truck category).

9. Take back Grant, Inspection Form, and Receipt.

10. Walk back to your car and place the Inspection Form and Receipt Copy on your car dashboard for inspector use.

11. Wait nearby, don't disappear as the inspector may want to ask you some questions regarding your vehicle.

12. Once complete (mine took 15 mins), the inspector will ask you to bugger off. You drive out of the bay and park at the visitor parking bay or anywhere along the road outside.

13. Walk back into the complex and look for the 'KEPUTUSAN PEMERIKSAAN' waiting room, go and wait until they call your registration number.

14. Take your RESULT SHEET, and before jumping up and down like a monkey, look out for the ‘LULUS’ word first, then check all your particulars. If all is OK, sign out on the record book they have lying around somewhere in the room.

15. DONE!. Now you can jump up and down like a monkey!

TOTAL TIME TAKEN: 20 mins early, 1.5 hours in moving queue, 3 mins to Register & Pay, 15 mins for Inspection, 10 mins for Results. Arrived at venue at 1.40pm, left at around 4.00pm.

TOTAL COST: RM 53.00 (Inspection and Processing Fees), RM2.20 for vending machine Nescafe while waiting.

WHAT I GET BACK: One piece of paper in a letterhead with a few signatures with the word LULUS in bold, and this is essentially the GREEN LIGHT to go ahead to swap the plates.

Sounds exhausting? Not really. Just need some patience and a good plan: some mobile phone games and some snacks in hand. Cold drink can buy at vending machine. Toilet and water cooler available at site 

Some final notes
I read in some forums about PUSPAKOM being very strict with TINTING. My answer is: YES THEY STILL ARE! Luckily I removed my front tint before I went for inspection because they only allowed 30% (this part most will FAIL). Front windows can go up to 50%, while rear windows and rear screen can go up to 70% (I think). My wheels are negative offset, but I had extended mudguards so they passed it. K&N drop-in filter no issues. My truck front lifted about 2 inches (aftermarket coil spring). I told the inspector, he looked at it and said No Problem. No other mods besides these.

DISCLAIMER: This was the process I went through, and should only be used as an unofficial reference for you. Processes may vary from time to time, centre to centre, so please don’t treat this piece of information as a ‘be it and end all’ basis.

LINKS
JPJ Interchange Process
http://www.jpj.gov.my/web/eng/procedures-f...stration-number

PUSPAKOM Special Inspection Process
http://www.puspakom.com.my/en/inspections-...inspection.html

The above links are active as at 21 March 2017

lsm1991
post Mar 21 2017, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

all hail!!! good findings!!
user posted image
jayjaynyc
post Mar 21 2017, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

great sharing!

I did standard 'Tukar Nama' inspection also last year, took around 3.5 hrs (with booking - was 10th in line)
-PuPu^ZaPruD3r-
post Mar 21 2017, 03:58 PM

Casual
429 posts

Thanks for sharing bro

Planning to do interchange for my VW number plate smile.gif
angrysnail
post Jul 17 2017, 09:06 PM

SuperStars
1,413 posts

Bro,if the car still have loan and grant with bank how?copy acceptable?
TSMikahl
post Jul 17 2017, 09:25 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(angrysnail @ Jul 17 2017, 09:06 PM)
Bro,if the car still have loan and grant with bank how?copy acceptable?
U may face some issues as your loan is tied to ur existing number which will hv to be changed, along with ur insurance. Best to call JPJ Hotlinel and enquire on the process first, then call ur bank to double confirm the info fr JPJ.

My vehicle installments were completed when I swapped numbers so I don't know the process if it was not.
angrysnail
post Jul 17 2017, 10:21 PM

SuperStars
1,413 posts

QUOTE(Mikahl @ Jul 17 2017, 09:25 PM)
U may face some issues as your loan is tied to ur existing number which will hv to be changed, along with ur insurance. Best to call JPJ Hotlinel and enquire on the process first, then call ur bank to double confirm the info fr JPJ.

My vehicle installments were completed when I swapped numbers so I don't know the process if it was not.
Thanks for the reply..i will call them and ask tomorrow..

angrysnail
post Jul 19 2017, 05:31 PM

SuperStars
1,413 posts

QUOTE(Mikahl @ Jul 17 2017, 09:25 PM)

Kawtim, The grant can be collected even after 2 month serve the loan..No need to wait until settlement..Shait,i only know this after 4 years serving loan.. bruce.gif

Haha..Now only can follow ur guide.. icon_idea.gif

VOLVOFORLIFE
post Sep 12 2017, 06:21 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

Hi I plan to interchange my car but I do not intends to keep the old number. Just the new number onto my car. Any advise. Thanks
lsm1991
post Sep 12 2017, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(VOLVOFORLIFE @ Sep 12 2017, 06:21 AM)
Hi I plan to interchange my car but I do not intends to keep the old number. Just the new number onto my car. Any advise. Thanks
buy a new motorbike.... nomatter what, the old plate has to go onto a new vehicle, the old plate will only cease to exist if a car is de-registered.
felixfatass
post Jan 24 2018, 04:10 PM

19 posts

thanks for sharing the information, i did the same things for today inspection. For normal sedan car only RM26.50. Lucky i did it myself as my car dealer asked me to pay RM1000 for switching. bangwall.gif
rotaziz
post Jun 8 2018, 03:23 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

Guys . need your advise. is it possible to swap numbers between two vehicle with different owners? what are the procedures?tia!
pisces88
post Jun 21 2018, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,683 posts

Anyone can advise..

Wanna change car plate, must put old car plate on motorbike or something? Runner wants rm1500 for this procedure. Normal?
Alpina
post Jun 23 2018, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(pisces88 @ Jun 21 2018, 03:08 PM)
Anyone can advise..

Wanna change car plate, must put old car plate on motorbike or something? Runner wants rm1500 for this procedure. Normal?
its too much i think...
Alpina
post Jun 23 2018, 01:12 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(VOLVOFORLIFE @ Sep 12 2017, 06:21 AM)
any solution to this... i once heard that you can by going to motorccle shop and pay some tambang fees... 1k i gues... but some of the shop i went they say donot hve something like that...
pisces88
post Jun 23 2018, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,683 posts

QUOTE(Alpina @ Jun 23 2018, 01:09 PM)
its too much i think...
Then how.. Until now 3 runners also offering 1.3-1.5k....
romuluz777
post Jun 23 2018, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

I was quoted RM800 for runners fees and misc official fees for the number inter-change.
linuxskate
post Jun 24 2018, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(Alpina @ Jun 23 2018, 01:12 PM)
any solution to this... i once heard that you can by going to motorccle shop and pay some tambang fees... 1k i gues... but some of the shop i went they say donot hve something like that...
im in the process of doing this, buying new car but want to keep my old number. my car dealer introduce me to this motorcycle shop and he charges me about 800. but i need to pay upfront 3250 and later they will refund 2450. its like buying new motorcyle with new number from them and later u sell back the motorcycle to them after swapping the plate number.
chengkl8
post Jul 6 2018, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Jun 23 2018, 03:46 PM)
I was quoted RM800 for runners fees and misc official fees for the number inter-change.
That is cheap wor, I also been quoted at RM1.3 to 1.5k, can share your runner contact?
romuluz777
post Jul 9 2018, 02:08 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(chengkl8 @ Jul 6 2018, 02:57 PM)
That is cheap wor, I also been quoted at RM1.3 to 1.5k, can share your runner contact?
I dont have the contact, this was quoted to me by AB (BMW dealer) when I booked my car.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0375sec    1.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 03:11 AM