Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda CRV(2017) or Peugeot 3008 (2017)or Mazda CX5, Dilemma of buying car

desmond0806
post Dec 11 2017, 01:49 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(JJ1818 @ Nov 15 2017, 10:19 AM)
YES, these are exactly the impressions from me. I've test drove all cars including Peugeot. I can say the driving experience can be on par with Tiguan. When I accelerate I can feel the car being more stable than Q5 (having one at home). At times the Q5 can feel a bit "floating" when I accelerate but no such experience when I test drove the 3008 (twice).

I dislike the fact that I can't test drive the highline. Especially their marketing side, why can't we test drive the highline and also why the difference between comfortline and highline.

Mazda's driving experience was mediocre and rear seat space isn't that good. CRV has the most spacious of all and yes their CVT engine feel less powerful. I have the 2008 version of CRV and I can say after driving this for 9 years, its power is slightly weaker than the new CRV 2.0 engine.
I'm living in a small town, right now considering to get the new crv but 2.0 as my parents dont speed at all. so i felt 1.5 is a bit pointless. However, there's no 2.0 CRV 2017 to test, so i'm not sure how much worse it is compared to the 1.5 CRV in terms of acceleration. (bear in mind we're not talking about highway driving at all) and some more its like Rm13k difference or the turbo

skyp
post Dec 11 2017, 03:17 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

I am comparing between Peugeot 3008 Active and Hyundai Tucson 1.6Turbo.
Any review on Tucson 1.6Turbo?

JJ1818
post Dec 12 2017, 10:49 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(desmond0806 @ Dec 11 2017, 01:49 PM)
I'm living in a small town, right now considering to get the new crv but 2.0 as my parents dont speed at all. so i felt 1.5 is a bit pointless. However, there's no 2.0 CRV 2017 to test, so i'm not sure how much worse it is compared to the 1.5 CRV in terms of acceleration. (bear in mind we're not talking about highway driving at all) and some more its like Rm13k difference or the turbo
Really wouldn't recommend CRV at all. For the 2.0 model, I don't feel much improvement from previous 2 gens (currently using CRV 2008 model, 2 litre). For 1.5 turbo, it gets that stressed out engine sound whenever you accelerate even just a little and it felt poor. I test drove both 1.5 and 2.0 engine.

JJ1818
post Dec 12 2017, 11:10 AM

Coming from a guy who has been driving the CRV 2008 model for almost 10 year, I don't think CRV 2017 is the best upgrade I was wishing Honda would offer. The engine improvement is minimal. Considering I still can sell my car for almost 45k (checked with numerous dealers and online sites), I don't think I would want to spend 150-160k on the same brand, same model and minimal upgrade on the engine.

You could say Honda Sensing is a good feature, but other brands like Mazda is providing that as well (but with improved engine and awesome diesel engine that is comparable with conti cars).

If you are considering RV is one of the main features, yes you can do so. Or, you could buy my CRV. Save yourself some extra cash with just a little downgrade in driving experience. HAHAHA.

This minimal improvement from CRV 2017 reduces my range to only two cars: CX-5 and 3008.

CX-5- Diesel engine can compare with 3008, smooth drive but price a bit high for the diesel version and only can pump Euro 5. Everyone loves the new red colour but I prefer their deep crystal blue.

3008- My favourite because it is 10k cheaper considering it is a conti car. Drive is smooth and interior design, well, do I have to say more? After sales service might be a concern though.

*Mind you, not considering RV in this as I am planning to drive either CX5 or 3008 for at least 10 years if possible just like my current CRV 2008 model.*
Ivan_T
post Dec 12 2017, 05:00 PM

Getting Started

I'm in dilemma as well over the choice for a mid size SUVs.
- CRV, Xtrail & CX5 are the best sellers, test driven all and as a driver, CX5 is the best to drive and CRV is my least favorite. But the latest 1.5T CRV is definitely better than the 2.0NA. As a passenger, I like both the CRV and Xtrail, space on CX5 is small. Overall space, comfort and NVH still goes to Xtrail as a whole. However really don't like the specs of the Xtrail 2.0, the specs on CRV is much better. For outlook, my choice goes to latest CRV. As a family man, for space, reliability and specs, CRV looks like a good choice, but the issue is it is really quite boring and NVH is below par.

- Sportage, Sorento, Tucson & SantaFe are hardly seen on the road and even though these are providing some good features, it is safer not to put the hard earned money on these. After sales service, reliability, RV all are questionable.

- VW Tiguan & Peu 3008, test driven the Tiguan and just love it, responsive engine, good handling and comfortable car. The exterior & interior design is also nice. I will put my money on it anytime if not because it is VW with the famous reliability issue. For Peu 3008, I won't even consider, I know how much problems my friends who owned the 308 and the previous 3008 have suffered. Not to mention the bad RV.

- Subaru Forester, I don't see many talking about this SUV and most peoples will just ignore it when choosing a SUV. I have been the same before. This is the only SUV that I have test driven 2X, the 2.0i-P version and I must say the smoothness of the drive (maybe not very powerful), the handling, the turning ratio, the space, comfort, NVH, stability as a SUV and the specs are all good. To me it is the best overall performer. Especially now at the price of RM128K, it is really a good bargain. However, my only worry is the reliability of the boxer engine and the cost to maintain it, spare parts can be expensive. Hope some Subaru sifu can advise on this.

So it is still a really difficult choice.. dilemma dilemma....
skyp
post Dec 12 2017, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(JJ1818 @ Dec 12 2017, 11:10 AM)
Coming from a guy who has been driving the CRV 2008 model for almost 10 year, I don't think CRV 2017 is the best upgrade I was wishing Honda would offer. The engine improvement is minimal. Considering I still can sell my car for almost 45k (checked with numerous dealers and online sites), I don't think I would want to spend 150-160k on the same brand, same model and minimal upgrade on the engine.

You could say Honda Sensing is a good feature, but other brands like Mazda is providing that as well (but with improved engine and awesome diesel engine that is comparable with conti cars).

If you are considering RV is one of the main features, yes you can do so. Or, you could buy my CRV. Save yourself some extra cash with just a little downgrade in driving experience. HAHAHA.

This minimal improvement from CRV 2017 reduces my range to only two cars: CX-5 and 3008.

CX-5- Diesel engine can compare with 3008, smooth drive but price a bit high for the diesel version and only can pump Euro 5. Everyone loves the new red colour but I prefer their deep crystal blue.

3008- My favourite because it is 10k cheaper considering it is a conti car. Drive is smooth and interior design, well, do I have to say more? After sales service might be a concern though.

*Mind you, not considering RV in this as I am planning to drive either CX5 or 3008 for at least 10 years if possible just like my current CRV 2008 model.*
Drive 3008 for 10 years seems a bit tough, 7 years would be good enough.
Since 3008 is using some new technology, hopefully their service center technician has proper training on it.

And yes, RV is totally out of topic for Peugeot. biggrin.gif

Cheryl227
post Dec 16 2017, 05:24 AM

Follow thread
stynteth84
post Jan 3 2018, 08:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Just got back from the showroom and was able to test drive the new 3008. I am seriously considering this SUV. I’ve never owned a Peugeot before and based on the chatters I’ve heard and read online, I have few concerns about this brand.

1. Reliability issue - most people talked about their previous negative experience using Peugeot, especially the 308 turbo model.

2. After sales service - well, being in Malaysia, I don’t expect heavenly kind of service but I heard about the incompetence issues related to this brand.

Any thoughts?

Need to gather some input before I make my decision.

Thanks.
gitalohaplayer
post Jan 5 2018, 02:00 AM

QUOTE(stynteth84 @ Jan 3 2018, 08:11 PM)
Hi everyone,

Just got back from the showroom and was able to test drive the new 3008. I am seriously considering this SUV. I’ve never owned a Peugeot before and based on the chatters I’ve heard and read online, I have few concerns about this brand.

1. Reliability issue - most people talked about their previous negative experience using Peugeot, especially the 308 turbo model.

2. After sales service - well, being in Malaysia, I don’t expect heavenly kind of service but I heard about the incompetence issues related to this brand.

Any thoughts?

Need to gather some input before I make my decision.

Thanks.
Hi, I'm the TS hahahaha. before this I was also looking at new 3008,it's my 2nd option due to its award: european car of the year, and its futuristic design.
I eventually bought new CRV TCP few months ago because i was so urgent needing it and there's not much option at that time, only tiguan and new crv.
The crv has power tailgate compared to cx5 and 3008, it really brought me a lot of convenience during my work esp loading stuffs.

Before purchasing suv, you can really think into these factors, what's the most important factor for you in mind. These are my thoughts before purchasing, might be different from other ppl:

1) For space : Definitely crv
2) For driving pleasure: CX5, tiguan
3) For design and to show off: 3008, CX5
4) For resale value: CRV, don't think peugeot cars will have good resale value in these 7 years.
5) For cheaper long-run: CRV
6) For family's comfort: CRV, 3008, tiguan
7) For driving comfort: Tiguan, CX5
8) For safety: CRV, CX5
9) For noise isolation: Tiguan, 3008 (european cars usually have better noise isolation)

Firstly need to know why you need SUV? hahahaha

Cheers

ayamxxx
post Jan 5 2018, 09:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gitalohaplayer @ Jan 5 2018, 02:00 AM)
Hi, I'm the TS hahahaha. before this I was also looking at new 3008,it's my 2nd option due to its award: european car of the year, and its futuristic design.
I eventually bought new CRV TCP few months ago because i was so urgent needing it and there's not much option at that time, only tiguan and new crv.
The crv has power tailgate compared to cx5 and 3008, it really brought me a lot of convenience during my work esp loading stuffs.

Before purchasing suv, you can really think into these factors, what's the most important factor for you in mind. These are my thoughts before purchasing, might be different from other ppl:

1) For space : Definitely crv
2) For driving pleasure: CX5, tiguan
3) For design and to show off: 3008, CX5
4) For resale value: CRV, don't think peugeot cars will have good resale value in these 7 years.
5) For cheaper long-run: CRV
6) For family's comfort: CRV, 3008, tiguan
7) For driving comfort: Tiguan, CX5
8) For safety: CRV, CX5
9) For noise isolation: Tiguan, 3008 (european cars usually have better noise isolation)

Firstly need to know why you need SUV? hahahaha

Cheers
how is the CRV TCP?
that the 1.5T, is it perform well? power wise.

road noise or sound insulation ok?

wkc5657
post Jan 5 2018, 03:02 PM

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jan 5 2018, 09:31 AM)
how is the CRV TCP?
that the 1.5T, is it perform well? power wise.

road noise or sound insulation ok?
Go test drive the car to evaluate yourself, it is so easily available in showrooms since it is such a hot cake seller.

His feeling of powerful maybe meh to you, and when your level of NVH acceptance maybe different.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Jan 5 2018, 03:03 PM
Bigblock
post Jan 6 2018, 12:47 AM

|| F(R)έǎжy ||

I am also having this dilemma. Also am going for the third round of test drives for Cx-5 and CRV. But its takes time to dial down to what we need because all of our applications are different. Test drive test drive and decide and don't look back. Also different SC has different offerings.
JJ1818
post Jan 6 2018, 12:55 AM

QUOTE(Bigblock @ Jan 6 2018, 12:47 AM)
I am also having this dilemma. Also am going for the third round of test drives for Cx-5 and CRV. But its takes time to dial down to what we need because all of our applications are different. Test drive test drive and decide and don't look back. Also different SC has different offerings.
at one point i was quite attracted to the cx-5 and I would only choose the 2.2 diesel 2WD variant. but it hit me that the price is at least 10k more expensive than peugeot. Although cx-5 has free servicing, but even if i have to pay for all servicing for peugeot 3008 for the next 3 years, my cost wouldn't be near 10k.

the drive is really smooth on 2.2 diesel though, can compete with european cars.
Bigblock
post Jan 6 2018, 01:36 AM

|| F(R)έǎжy ||

QUOTE(JJ1818 @ Jan 6 2018, 12:55 AM)
at one point i was quite attracted to the cx-5 and I would only choose the 2.2 diesel 2WD variant. but it hit me that the price is at least 10k more expensive than peugeot. Although cx-5 has free servicing, but even if i have to pay for all servicing for peugeot 3008 for the next 3 years, my cost wouldn't be near 10k.

the drive is really smooth on 2.2 diesel though, can compete with european cars.
Peugeot was not my cup of tea at 150K above as IMHO better option second hand with warranty if your lucky. I am convincingly saying when pug sc is a mere 2km walk from my house. Regardless the 3008 is one heck of a beautiful car interior and exterior wise.

CX-5 drives well test drove the 2.5 and 2.0, sound insulation is better than CRV for me. But I would choose the 2.5 petrol over the diesel anytime. You need the Euro 5 diesel for the mill and I don't want the hassle of finding Euro 5 each time I refuel. My mech friend works for mazda and advised me to go the safer route and choose proven reliable petrol variants. According to him common issues of the cx-5 are lower arm bush issues and rear disc brake locking when handbrakes are engaged. Small quantity of reported case

This post has been edited by Bigblock: Jan 6 2018, 01:38 AM
Johannlo
post Jan 6 2018, 10:04 PM

Casual

Coming from CRV 2011, test drove both the crv 1.5 and cx5 2.5.

CRV interior was a total let down. Hard plastic everywhere and flimsy quality. Straight away got the cx5 2.5 instead. Cx5 has conti standard interior and soft touch materials everywhere.
ketupatlazat
post Jan 6 2018, 10:20 PM

Getting Started

good choice
Csent
post Dec 7 2018, 01:33 AM

QUOTE(JJ1818 @ Oct 24 2017, 02:10 PM)
Volvo XC 40 will be coming out next year (August/September). Price should be above 200k in my opinion. Currently decided to get Peugeot 3008.

Reason: 1) Got CRV 2008 model and didnt wanna buy back the same car (just different year).
            2) Price of Peugeot is the same as CRV normal 1.5 Turbo but getting a European car
            3) Features in 3008 looks better and more premium

The only setback is the reliability, salesman of course tell you their technology upgraded won't have problem in Malaysia, test drive all around Peninsula Malaysia before launch that kind of crap. But it is something I'm willing to bet on.

If it turns out fine and breakdown incident free for the next 3-5 years. I guess I can say I have one of the riskiest yet most successful investment  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Bro u got the car ? How is the user experience ?

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0558sec    1.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th December 2018 - 06:04 AM