Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda CRV(2017) or Peugeot 3008 (2017)or Mazda CX5, Dilemma of buying car

ayamxxx
post Apr 12 2017, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ Apr 12 2017, 02:15 PM)
Accord got turbo meh? shocking.gif
price.......
engrfeez
post May 4 2017, 12:53 PM

Casual

How much target price for new CRV?
Eilrach
post May 4 2017, 01:18 PM

All 3 new CRV, 3008 and CX-5 are not out in Malaysia yet, so you're not gonna get any hands-on experience on these cars from Malaysians for now. Any comments would just be assumption based on brand name. You can though see the reviews of each car from international review sites and videos. For now just wait after they're released then go test drive them.
wkc5657
post May 4 2017, 04:51 PM

QUOTE(engrfeez @ May 4 2017, 12:53 PM)
How much target price for new CRV?
Not definite numbers but highly likely to be more expensive then current one on sale.
walles
post Sep 15 2017, 08:22 AM

Group: Newbie

all new crv win
lim47
post Sep 15 2017, 04:11 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(walles @ Sep 15 2017, 08:22 AM)
all new crv win
in RV laugh.gif
Ppl got car of the year title icon_idea.gif
vexus
post Sep 21 2017, 12:28 AM

Master of Eatery & Sleeping

is mazda QC better than honda malaysia???
JunJun04035
post Sep 21 2017, 05:58 AM

Sir Kalahari, Duke of Autocorrect

QUOTE(vexus @ Sep 21 2017, 12:28 AM)
is mazda QC better than honda malaysia???
Mazda CKD quality slightly better due to volume, I guess.

Honda CKD is horrific, mostly.
Eternalgl0ry
post Sep 21 2017, 12:13 PM

Getting Started

Now is not the good time to buy cars. Wait next year

Next year will be the year of SUVs coming to malaysia.
jacobngen87
post Sep 21 2017, 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Sep 21 2017, 12:13 PM)
Now is not the good time to buy cars. Wait next year

Next year will be the year of SUVs coming to malaysia.
Care to share which SUV is coming?

I think only Toyota CHR coming right?

Boyue can skip
Eternalgl0ry
post Sep 22 2017, 03:27 AM

Getting Started

If we are talking about suvs in less than 200k ( there will be more above that price rage )

Ford Ecosport
Ford Kuga
Ford Everest
Toyota Fortuner with extra techs like AEB
Toyota RAV 4 ( RUMORED ONLY )
Toyota CHR
Nissan X-Trail ( Better dont reduce until two airbags this time round i hope )
Volkswagen Tiguan ( get the better engine option only i heard )
Subaru Crosstrek ( will come out these 3 months but i heard it will market as 2018 model )
Mazda CX3 ( may come with the same tech as CX 5 )
Cheverlot models ?
Kia + hyundai Facelifts

There maybe more in this price range but i just list down from i heard from couple senior sales and news.

So far subaru crosscrek and cx 5 is the hot topic SUV now but only if you buy them in the TOP SPEC/TRIM

I test drove the CRV. Noting but a (civic) engine in a larger size. Dont bother of the higher output ( its not enough ) more slower than civic despite higher power. Interior quality ( SAME AS CIVIC ) obviously lose to the CX5. Way too much difference though CX 5 is a bit pricier

---------------

Peugeot 3008 is good but Malaysia did not bring in the GT line trim level. They only brought in the basic models which is sad and do note that the dash though it looks beautiful but it will not be suitable for all drivers. I test on it and i have to adjust it to almost the lowest steering wheel position to able to see the meter cluster

This post has been edited by Eternalgl0ry: Sep 22 2017, 03:29 AM
jacobngen87
post Sep 23 2017, 09:44 AM

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Sep 22 2017, 03:27 AM)
If we are talking about suvs in less than 200k ( there will be more above that price rage )

Ford Ecosport
Ford Kuga
Ford Everest
Toyota Fortuner with extra techs like AEB
Toyota RAV 4 ( RUMORED ONLY )
Toyota CHR
Nissan X-Trail ( Better dont reduce until two airbags this time round i hope )
Volkswagen Tiguan ( get the better engine option only i heard )
Subaru Crosstrek ( will come out these 3 months but i heard it will market as 2018 model )
Mazda CX3 ( may come with the same tech as CX 5 )
Cheverlot models  ?
Kia + hyundai Facelifts

There maybe more in this price range but i just list down from i heard from couple senior sales and news.

So far subaru crosscrek and cx 5 is the hot topic SUV now but only if you buy them in the TOP SPEC/TRIM

I test drove the CRV. Noting but a (civic) engine in a larger size. Dont bother of the higher output ( its not enough ) more slower than civic despite higher power. Interior quality ( SAME AS CIVIC ) obviously lose to the CX5. Way too much difference though CX 5 is a bit pricier
---------------

Peugeot 3008 is good but Malaysia did not bring in the GT line trim level. They only brought in the basic models which is sad and do note that the dash though it looks beautiful but it will not be suitable for all drivers. I test on it and i have to adjust it to almost the lowest steering wheel position to able to see the meter cluster
I was hoping for Nissan Kicks but guess TC is just too lazy to bring it in, including their new Teana and Note line up which are very popular in China and the US.

I heard Crosstrek review is lacklustre similar to their Imprezza sedans.

aaron1717
post Sep 25 2017, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Sep 23 2017, 09:44 AM)
I was hoping for Nissan Kicks but guess TC is just too lazy to bring it in, including their new Teana and Note line up which are very popular in China and the US.

I heard Crosstrek review is lacklustre similar to their Imprezza sedans.
the kicks major manufacturing line is at south america... if TC bring it in CBU and price it at 150k will u buy it? kicks is not selling in Asia side... even they bring in the CKD kits and assemble... it will be damn costly to get from south america.... wont be at the pricing of HRV range....
JJ1818
post Oct 24 2017, 02:10 PM

Volvo XC 40 will be coming out next year (August/September). Price should be above 200k in my opinion. Currently decided to get Peugeot 3008.

Reason: 1) Got CRV 2008 model and didnt wanna buy back the same car (just different year).
2) Price of Peugeot is the same as CRV normal 1.5 Turbo but getting a European car
3) Features in 3008 looks better and more premium

The only setback is the reliability, salesman of course tell you their technology upgraded won't have problem in Malaysia, test drive all around Peninsula Malaysia before launch that kind of crap. But it is something I'm willing to bet on.

If it turns out fine and breakdown incident free for the next 3-5 years. I guess I can say I have one of the riskiest yet most successful investment biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheryl227
post Nov 8 2017, 12:01 AM

QUOTE(JJ1818 @ Oct 24 2017, 02:10 PM)
Volvo XC 40 will be coming out next year (August/September). Price should be above 200k in my opinion. Currently decided to get Peugeot 3008.

Reason: 1) Got CRV 2008 model and didnt wanna buy back the same car (just different year).
            2) Price of Peugeot is the same as CRV normal 1.5 Turbo but getting a European car
            3) Features in 3008 looks better and more premium

The only setback is the reliability, salesman of course tell you their technology upgraded won't have problem in Malaysia, test drive all around Peninsula Malaysia before launch that kind of crap. But it is something I'm willing to bet on.

If it turns out fine and breakdown incident free for the next 3-5 years. I guess I can say I have one of the riskiest yet most successful investment  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Me too thinking on 3008 or Tiguan. I like the 3008 exterior and interior, but I like the power boot on Tiguan.

I owned CX5 before, the new model dashboard not as nice as old model, thus definately won't choose the new CX5.

cshaopin
post Nov 15 2017, 09:42 AM

Yesterdau (14 Nov) I test drive Mazda CX-5 2.0GLS, CRV 1.5Turbo, and VW Tiguan 1.4Turbo Comfort Line. Also look at Peugeot 3008 without test drive. Here are my impressions:

Mazda CX-5: Very solid and has the highest body, overall very good. The only thing I don't like is less spacious and rear seats.

Honda CRV: Super spacious! Best for a family car. The only thing I don't like is the CVT engine. Feel less power and slower response rate. You can hear the engine sound pushing hard in order to response to your pedal when you need the extra boost. But if for family car, this is the winner.

VW Tiguan: Best driving experience. The 1.4Turbo really has very good response and pick up effortlessly. Too bad only comfort line is available for test drive. A bit bare basic on the inside. I like the aeroplace-food tray at the rear seats with a extended cup holder. Interior wise is really not much to shout about. But exterior wise, in my opinion it is the best looking SUV among all. Very clean and elegant design.

Peugeot 3008: Damn futuristic... first impression is good but i am not sure whether will feel the same or not if drive it everyday. Best digital console among all 4. Didnt test drive it because not in my list.

All mentioned above are just my first impression on the cars, when buying still need to consider the maintenance, second hand value, etc.
JJ1818
post Nov 15 2017, 10:19 AM

QUOTE(cshaopin @ Nov 15 2017, 09:42 AM)
Yesterdau (14 Nov) I test drive Mazda CX-5 2.0GLS, CRV 1.5Turbo, and VW Tiguan 1.4Turbo Comfort Line. Also look at Peugeot 3008 without test drive. Here are my impressions:

Mazda CX-5: Very solid and has the highest body, overall very good. The only thing I don't like is less spacious and rear seats.

Honda CRV: Super spacious! Best for a family car. The only thing I don't like is the CVT engine. Feel less power and slower response rate. You can hear the engine sound pushing hard in order to response to your pedal when you need the extra boost. But if for family car, this is the winner.

VW Tiguan: Best driving experience. The 1.4Turbo really has very good response and pick up effortlessly. Too bad only comfort line is available for test drive. A bit bare basic on the inside.  I like the aeroplace-food tray at the rear seats with a extended cup holder. Interior wise is really not much to shout about. But exterior wise, in my opinion it is the best looking SUV among all. Very clean and elegant design.

Peugeot 3008: Damn futuristic... first impression is good but i am not sure whether will feel the same or not if drive it everyday. Best digital console among all 4. Didnt test drive it because not in my list. 

All mentioned above are just my first impression on the cars, when buying still need to consider the maintenance, second hand value, etc.
YES, these are exactly the impressions from me. I've test drove all cars including Peugeot. I can say the driving experience can be on par with Tiguan. When I accelerate I can feel the car being more stable than Q5 (having one at home). At times the Q5 can feel a bit "floating" when I accelerate but no such experience when I test drove the 3008 (twice).

I dislike the fact that I can't test drive the highline. Especially their marketing side, why can't we test drive the highline and also why the difference between comfortline and highline.

Mazda's driving experience was mediocre and rear seat space isn't that good. CRV has the most spacious of all and yes their CVT engine feel less powerful. I have the 2008 version of CRV and I can say after driving this for 9 years, its power is slightly weaker than the new CRV 2.0 engine.
shinchan^^
post Nov 15 2017, 10:29 AM

K66

QUOTE(cshaopin @ Nov 15 2017, 09:42 AM)

VW Tiguan: Best driving experience. The 1.4Turbo really has very good response and pick up effortlessly. Too bad only comfort line is available for test drive. A bit bare basic on the inside.  I like the aeroplace-food tray at the rear seats with a extended cup holder. Interior wise is really not much to shout about. But exterior wise, in my opinion it is the best looking SUV among all. Very clean and elegant design.

i found CX-5 height a bit too high to get on especially back passenger seat.
CRV height is just nice
TomatomanzSeedlezz
post Dec 10 2017, 03:55 AM

Killer Tomatoz!..

DAyumm.. pretty same dilemma here.

"Honda CRV(2017) or Peugeot 3008 (2017)or Mazda CX5, Dilemma of buying car"

As all these 3 SUVs pretty much similar in pricing.

The only thing its not sure about its Peugeot's after sales service.

Not sure whether current status of Peugeot SC, anyone?..

malibuchong
post Dec 11 2017, 01:35 AM

Getting Started

crv,better choice.

Peugeot ,once problems and you are done.

cx5,only diesel have extra safety feature,but only can use euro 5 diesel tough.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0972sec    7.07    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 01:56 PM