Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

WTA Graphics card problem, confusing R9 290 can't be detected

views

TSasyrafwersh
post Mar 22 2017, 01:25 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(pspslim007 @ Mar 22 2017, 01:10 AM)
bro, you need some cleaning to do, that damn dusty man, it hurts my soul. sad.gif
sorry bro i've overlooked about the cleanliness , my bad tongue.gif
goldfries
post Mar 22 2017, 01:42 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(asyrafwersh @ Mar 22 2017, 01:22 AM)
according to miners . rated using Kill A Watt device :

1x R9 290 = <250 W
3x R9 290 = < 750 W
Total around 900W
biggrin.gif Thanks, the figures may go higher depending on model.

When I was replying the above I went with my vague memory of the card draw (many cards in my lab, hard to memorize) and also that my R9 390 draws about 275W (this one I remember).

I can understand where you're coming from because I was a miner too back in 2014, had quite good profits for a while.

What coins are you mining now? Ethereum?

Anyway changing voltage and frequency, doesn't quite help as much on power draw. The one thing that I find really helps in power draw is certain coins using, like going from Scrypt to X11.

In your case, it might be just old board that can't deliver enough power through the PCI-E channels.
TSasyrafwersh
post Mar 22 2017, 07:30 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Mar 22 2017, 01:42 AM)
biggrin.gif Thanks, the figures may go higher depending on model.

When I was replying the above I went with my vague memory of the card draw (many cards in my lab, hard to memorize) and also that my R9 390 draws about 275W (this one I remember).

I can understand where you're coming from because I was a miner too back in 2014, had quite good profits for a while.

What coins are you mining now? Ethereum?

Anyway changing voltage and frequency, doesn't quite help as much on power draw. The one thing that I find really helps in power draw is certain coins using, like going from Scrypt to X11.

In your case, it might be just old board that can't deliver enough power through the PCI-E channels.
right now i am mining Monero (XMR) coin . since i find it the most profitable coin to mine
yes ! it is quite logic for your inference bro . since it fails to detect the gpu and linking to the BSOD code for shutting down improperly because
it couldn't get much wattage

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:03 PM