Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted What do you enjoy doing for your partner?

views

Ralna
post Mar 20 2017, 11:39 PM

Casual
388 posts

QUOTE(Ms Americano L @ Mar 20 2017, 11:16 PM)
Thanks so much Ralna. You never know how helpful your words are to me. It is so spot on. Hugs.
Welcome. Took me an hour to write that long reply. Hope it helps. smile.gif

All the best to you & your relationship. Hugs.
TSMs Americano L
post Mar 20 2017, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(DozeMeWithTea @ Mar 20 2017, 09:38 AM)
MY gf calls me every day whenever she finishes her work. Before we started officially label as 'couple', we text and call, and just as you pointed out - it's all about knowing your partner.

Moving forward to a year later, we still continue the trend of texting and calling daily(after work). As much as I finds it annoying, if that makes her happy, I am completely fine.

But here is the problem, relationship is about finding the right balance of your weakness and strength. If you think he is distancing himself from you, note it down and source out the problem. MAYBE, you're just too clingy.

Give him a room to breathe, let him be free and not tie-up with you daily. To him, talking and seeing you daily is like eating the same food everyday!

It's completely fine if you dont text him, every guy feels love in a different way.
Okla I get it. Eating the same food everyday LOL.

Bold ones - it has enlightened me!

side track abit, if you don't pick up GF's call after work, will she go crazy?

TSMs Americano L
post Mar 20 2017, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(Aftermaths @ Mar 20 2017, 10:03 AM)
Phase by phase working style BF spotted.

Most worrying part is the reply of "ok" to "I miss you"

So you are worrying too much.
BF is worrying nothing at all.
Its kind of imbalance here.

How about you ignore him until he find you.

Then you tell him you can't get even positive reply from messages.

What to do while ignoring him:
- Watch drama.
- Movie with friends.
Direct my focus to other things today like talking to friends that I have not been keeping in touch for some time, gym etc.
mudkipryan94
post Mar 21 2017, 12:46 AM

Not today, dirtbag
All Stars
11,982 posts

rclxms.gif rclxms.gif LMAO
Kanan Jarrus
post Mar 21 2017, 12:53 AM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(Ms Americano L @ Mar 20 2017, 11:12 PM)
Yeah so true, we all like ppl with the positive vibes. To be positive requires practice.. I was down for some time and time to pick myself up again. Can't and shouldn't expect others including BF to do this job for me, as nobody is responsible for my happiness but myself, right?
don't be too harsh on yourself, each of us got lost in a maze every now and then..
MasBoleh!
post Mar 21 2017, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,184 posts

QUOTE(Ralna @ Mar 20 2017, 03:31 PM)
When I first started dating with bf, I was like you, waiting for him to call me or text me, or expect him to reply in certain ways. I ended up feeling frustrated, esp. when he didn't contact me for the whole day. I know how frustrating it is, but then I overcame it.

You need to have your own life and reduce gravitating towards your bf. I fill my life with activities and fun. Bf often has to wait for me to return home or finish my work/ activity before we can finally chat. He also asks me what I'll be doing the next day. Sometimes I give him my 1-week schedule, then tell him I'll be busy, but I will miss him. Sometimes he just texts me to ask me what I'm doing, and says he misses me or asks me when I'll be back home.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Since you and your bf are colleagues, you should have your own life after work. Let him date you out. Make yourself less available, coz you really need to have a life on your own, and enrich yourself. When your life is rich, he will be curious to know more, and you will have more topics to talk about, & more experiences to share with him.

I'm in a LDR with my bf. We used to voice-call & video-call for 3-6 hours a day for the whole month at the beginning of the relationship, after that it's more text-based. Now we don't voice-call or video-call every day, maybe just once every 2-3 weeks. I still love to hear his voice and see his face, but I don't feel the need to call every day, coz whenever I read my bf's messages, it is as if he's talking to me directly. I know how his expression, tone & voice are like even if those are just written texts.

My bf texts me every morning and night. It's been like that for the past 6 months, consistently; we text for 2- 4 hours a day, on & off, the first & last person to talk to every day. & he's often the one to ask if he can call me. Yesterday was Sunday, & we spent 2 hours messaging (he texted first), 2 hours calling (he initiated it) & 2.5 hours texting at night (I initiated when I returned home from gym; he had to wait for me).

I also realise that men communicate differently from women. They communicate with a purpose. There needs to be some value or purpose in the conversation you initiate with him, otherwise it'll be dismissed as unimportant and he'll reply late or slowly in the long run whenever he sees the message notification.

I text my bf to either greet, ask, share or inform, and end the conversation sweetly; he reciprocates each time. I know his routine and when it's the best time to text him, and the estimate time to receive a reply.

Besides, men are more visual than verbal, they find themselves more comfortable to text than to talk. Active listening is tiring to them, but reading isn't, because they can read at their own pace.

& you need to make your bf love you more than you love him. He wanted to break up with you, but you wanted to work on the relationship. Make him fall in love & pursue you. You need to give him space, and live your own life.

My bf has worked really, really hard to win my heart. Even now, he hasn't fully won me yet though he knows we'll be married. He knows he has to pursue me, coz I have many admirers. I always look good & feel good, which is attractive to men. That's the side benefit of having a life of your own. The more attractive you are, the more you go out (and meet more people including men), the more he has to worry. wink.gif

Yes, bf sometimes tells me he's jealous, and he feels the competition. Sometimes he says he'll find other women, I reply him, saying he bullies me, cannot have other women, I'll be jealous .. or sometimes, I'll say "Ok lor.. bye bye. I can move on then."

& I never complain about him. If he replies slowly, I will also reply him slowly a few hours later, or the next day. If he doesn't call when he says he will, I will wait for an hour, then switch off my hp and go to sleep. It happened before when we first started dating.

The more afraid you are to lose him, or the harder you try to keep him, the more you will lose him. Relationship is a power game. With him, my life is better; without him, I am still in good shape despite the heartache. I don't cling on to him 24/7 & expect him to make me happy. Always love yourself more, and learn to love yourself first.
AS expected from you thumbup.gif Always so inspiring and wonderful. notworthy.gif

You are truly right ! And I especially love the last paragraph. rclxms.gif
DozeMeWithTea
post Mar 21 2017, 10:24 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(Ms Americano L @ Mar 20 2017, 11:43 PM)
Okla I get it. Eating the same food everyday LOL.

Bold ones - it has enlightened me!

side track abit, if you don't pick up GF's call after work, will she go crazy?
Try figure out what he loves. If by any chance you're at the bookstore - look for 5 love language, it helps you understand what your love is from a different perspective.

My gf is super clingy and as much as i hated it, if she feels love by doing so, I am happy. Usually I will be playing games while talking to her. Most of often than not, I get distracted by the game instead of her. lol.
Lionel90
post Mar 21 2017, 06:35 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

Before I met my GF, i also thought that i like independent woman - i now think that i just confused that with a not too clingy woman anyway.

We've been together for 4 years plus now. From being quite reluctant to see her every day to meeting her almost every day without miss, sometimes we do lunch together in addition to dinner.

What i wanna say is that perhaps at that time i had more interests that would eat up my precious little free time; i still have my interests that she doesnt share: gym, football watching etc. But I have learned how to prioritize and keep her happy.

We meet every day and have never run out of topic, we basically talk about every thing, even petty stuffs. Even when the topic doesnt interest me as a guy like gossip, i still listen and feedback, mostly in the forms of (dirty) jokes.

And after this long post, what i wanna say is, ur bf has probably lost interest, or u two really have nthg to talk about. Try to explore your own world, which would definitely make u more interesting. I even advise my GF to do the same so that we have more to ourselves than only each other.

This post has been edited by Lionel90: Mar 21 2017, 06:37 PM
TSMs Americano L
post Mar 26 2017, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(OcHaa @ Mar 21 2017, 06:52 PM)
most guys enjoy getting a blowjob while watching tv

just FYI
after BJ he wanted more.
DS_Legacy
post Mar 26 2017, 05:20 AM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(Ralna @ Mar 20 2017, 03:31 PM)
When I first started dating with bf, I was like you, waiting for him to call me or text me, or expect him to reply in certain ways. I ended up feeling frustrated, esp. when he didn't contact me for the whole day. I know how frustrating it is, but then I overcame it.

You need to have your own life and reduce gravitating towards your bf. I fill my life with activities and fun. Bf often has to wait for me to return home or finish my work/ activity before we can finally chat. He also asks me what I'll be doing the next day. Sometimes I give him my 1-week schedule, then tell him I'll be busy, but I will miss him. Sometimes he just texts me to ask me what I'm doing, and says he misses me or asks me when I'll be back home.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Since you and your bf are colleagues, you should have your own life after work. Let him date you out. Make yourself less available, coz you really need to have a life on your own, and enrich yourself. When your life is rich, he will be curious to know more, and you will have more topics to talk about, & more experiences to share with him.

I'm in a LDR with my bf. We used to voice-call & video-call for 3-6 hours a day for the whole month at the beginning of the relationship, after that it's more text-based. Now we don't voice-call or video-call every day, maybe just once every 2-3 weeks. I still love to hear his voice and see his face, but I don't feel the need to call every day, coz whenever I read my bf's messages, it is as if he's talking to me directly. I know how his expression, tone & voice are like even if those are just written texts.

My bf texts me every morning and night. It's been like that for the past 6 months, consistently; we text for 2- 4 hours a day, on & off, the first & last person to talk to every day. & he's often the one to ask if he can call me. Yesterday was Sunday, & we spent 2 hours messaging (he texted first), 2 hours calling (he initiated it) & 2.5 hours texting at night (I initiated when I returned home from gym; he had to wait for me).

I also realise that men communicate differently from women. They communicate with a purpose. There needs to be some value or purpose in the conversation you initiate with him, otherwise it'll be dismissed as unimportant and he'll reply late or slowly in the long run whenever he sees the message notification.

I text my bf to either greet, ask, share or inform, and end the conversation sweetly; he reciprocates each time. I know his routine and when it's the best time to text him, and the estimate time to receive a reply.

Besides, men are more visual than verbal, they find themselves more comfortable to text than to talk. Active listening is tiring to them, but reading isn't, because they can read at their own pace.

& you need to make your bf love you more than you love him. He wanted to break up with you, but you wanted to work on the relationship. Make him fall in love & pursue you. You need to give him space, and live your own life.

My bf has worked really, really hard to win my heart. Even now, he hasn't fully won me yet though he knows we'll be married. He knows he has to pursue me, coz I have many admirers. I always look good & feel good, which is attractive to men. That's the side benefit of having a life of your own. The more attractive you are, the more you go out (and meet more people including men), the more he has to worry. wink.gif

Yes, bf sometimes tells me he's jealous, and he feels the competition. Sometimes he says he'll find other women, I reply him, saying he bullies me, cannot have other women, I'll be jealous .. or sometimes, I'll say "Ok lor.. bye bye. I can move on then."

& I never complain about him. If he replies slowly, I will also reply him slowly a few hours later, or the next day. If he doesn't call when he says he will, I will wait for an hour, then switch off my hp and go to sleep. It happened before when we first started dating.

The more afraid you are to lose him, or the harder you try to keep him, the more you will lose him. Relationship is a power game. With him, my life is better; without him, I am still in good shape despite the heartache. I don't cling on to him 24/7 & expect him to make me happy. Always love yourself more, and learn to love yourself first.
Awesome input here. biggrin.gif

My GF has been lacking of these qualities. I told her that she needs to have more fun in life despite being in LDR now. sad.gif

Ayam takut she fikir bukan2 sometimes.

akirodestroy
post Mar 26 2017, 06:17 AM

40 posts

That was a good read Ralna. Thanks smile.gif
Hammox
post Mar 26 2017, 10:39 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(DS_Legacy @ Mar 26 2017, 05:20 AM)
Awesome input here. biggrin.gif

My GF has been lacking of these qualities. I told her that she needs to have more fun in life despite being in LDR now. sad.gif

Ayam takut she fikir bukan2 sometimes.
hmm, maybe encourage her and talk her into spending more time on her hobbies/ whatever she is good at? like maybe can have conversations can start from talking about both hers and your interests.
DS_Legacy
post Mar 27 2017, 03:18 AM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Mar 26 2017, 10:39 PM)
hmm, maybe encourage her and talk her into spending more time on her hobbies/ whatever she is good at? like maybe can have conversations can start from talking about both hers and your interests.
We have been together for more than 3 years. So, talking about interest is no longer a new thing to us. biggrin.gif

I just wish that she can do better in life and have more fun when I'm away for work for weeks. sad.gif
TSMs Americano L
post Mar 27 2017, 09:18 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(OcHaa @ Mar 27 2017, 09:12 AM)
what's wrong with giving him more?

you enjoice he also enjoice

seems to me it's a win win
I am worried if I couldn't satisfy him completely and he would go after other girls. I fikir bukan2 again.
Hammox
post Mar 27 2017, 02:20 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(DS_Legacy @ Mar 27 2017, 03:18 AM)
We have been together for more than 3 years. So, talking about interest is no longer a new thing to us. biggrin.gif

I just wish that she can do better in life and have more fun when I'm away for work for weeks. sad.gif
ahaha i don't know. life is long (at least i assume so), there is so much more you can explore in a person than just 3 years. mine is also coming to 3 years, i still seem to always learn something new about my hubby until now.

hmm, yeah i agree with you that it would be good for her to be active and involve in something so that life just doesn't revolve around relationship or work only. good for her self-esteem. but hmm, it can only happen when she herself wants to do it ohmy.gif.
NightFelix
post Mar 27 2017, 05:06 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

Raina explain are details. As a guy myself, I agree all of it.
DS_Legacy
post Mar 28 2017, 12:29 AM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Mar 27 2017, 02:20 PM)
ahaha i don't know. life is long (at least i assume so), there is so much more you can explore in a person than just 3 years. mine is also coming to 3 years, i still seem to always learn something new about my hubby until now.

hmm, yeah i agree with you that it would be good for her to be active and involve in something so that life just doesn't revolve around relationship or work only. good for her self-esteem. but hmm, it can only happen when she herself wants to do it ohmy.gif.
People evolves laugh.gif

So we get to know more about their new interests once every few month? hmm.gif

Yeah you have the point there. Hope she would pick up something as hobby soon. laugh.gif
Hammox
post Mar 28 2017, 09:29 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(DS_Legacy @ Mar 28 2017, 12:29 AM)
People evolves laugh.gif

So we get to know more about their new interests once every few month? hmm.gif

Yeah you have the point there. Hope she would pick up something as hobby soon. laugh.gif
ahahaha there is no fixed time to get to know and ask about your partner's interest la. well for me, time to time i will discover something about him. like even though he stay at home a lot, rather play video games, he can actually complete 12km run in an hour. or that he is very knowledgeable about a lot of things, and despite being lazy to cook, he definitely can cook. its this not necessarily knowing everything, or mysterious side of him that keeps me intrigue about him. it will just happen naturally over conversations when both sides have a healthy lifestyle apart from relationship matters.

so a little bit back to the thread topic question, when Ralna mentions again and again to enrich your life and loving oneself is equally important in a relationship, she has a point. a healthy sense of self-happiness is simply part and parcel of a relationship. and maybe that is actually one of the best things you can do for a partner and the people around you.

This post has been edited by Hammox: Mar 28 2017, 09:53 PM
victorian
post Mar 28 2017, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,819 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Mar 28 2017, 09:29 PM)
ahahaha there is no fixed time to get to know and ask about your partner's interest la. well for me, time to time i will discover something about him. like even though he stay at home a lot, rather play video games, he can actually complete 10km run in 8 minutes less. or that he is very knowledgeable about a lot of things, and despite being lazy to cook, he definitely can cook. its this not necessarily knowing everything, or mysterious side of him that keeps me intrigue about him. it will just happen naturally over conversations when both sides have a healthy lifestyle apart from relationship matters.

so a little bit back to the thread topic question, when Ralna mentions again and again to enrich your life and loving oneself is equally important in a relationship, she has a point. a healthy sense of self-happiness is simply part and parcel of a relationship. and maybe that is actually one of the best things you can do for a partner and the people around you.
10 km in 8 minutes? lol shakehead.gif
DS_Legacy
post Mar 28 2017, 09:49 PM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Mar 28 2017, 09:29 PM)
ahahaha there is no fixed time to get to know and ask about your partner's interest la. well for me, time to time i will discover something about him. like even though he stay at home a lot, rather play video games, he can actually complete 10km run in 8 minutes less. or that he is very knowledgeable about a lot of things, and despite being lazy to cook, he definitely can cook. its this not necessarily knowing everything, or mysterious side of him that keeps me intrigue about him. it will just happen naturally over conversations when both sides have a healthy lifestyle apart from relationship matters.

Do you mean 1km? hmm.gif

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM