Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Macbook Pro 2015 Staingate

views

TSAshroft98
post Mar 19 2017, 08:41 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
228 posts

Hi guys. I think my year-old mbp pro 2015 13inch have staingate. I chatted with AppleCare advisor and they said as long as i have applecare active, i can have it changed for free. Do you think is this staingate?
(Staingate effect on upper left of display)
(Not affected display on lower right of display)

If its staingate, does anyone have any experience sending their macbooks for staingate repair??? Any experience with Machines Repair Services? I am going to send my macbook there.

Thanks!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
jzack
post Mar 20 2017, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

yes someone posted this issue.. it is due to the anti reflective coatings on the 2015's MB.. but mine still ok.. not sure what make the coatings comes off.. anyways, just send it to AASP they will fix it for you..

This post has been edited by jzack: Mar 20 2017, 08:55 AM
shockk
post Mar 22 2017, 01:38 PM

[ T A R G E T - L 0 C K E D ]
Group Icon
VIP
11,692 posts

QUOTE(Ashroft98 @ Mar 19 2017, 08:41 PM)
Hi guys. I think my year-old mbp pro 2015 13inch have staingate. I chatted with AppleCare advisor and they said as long as i have applecare active, i can have it changed for free. Do you think is this staingate?

If its staingate, does anyone have any experience sending their macbooks for staingate repair??? Any experience with Machines Repair Services? I am going to send my macbook there.

Thanks!!
It looks (from the photos) more like scratches rather than the Staingate.

Anyway, do update if you manage to get it claimed from the Apple service centre or not.

Cheers 👍🏻
firdausbhari
post Mar 23 2017, 07:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,194 posts

My rMBP 2014 got this issue last year. Staingate lcd display can be replaced for free. Apple has staingate program. Check with any authorized apple service provider.

I recommend QCD technology @ Berjaya Time Square
silverwave
post Apr 10 2017, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(firdausbhari @ Mar 23 2017, 07:57 PM)
My rMBP 2014 got this issue last year. Staingate lcd display can be replaced for free. Apple has staingate program. Check with any authorized apple service provider.

I recommend QCD technology @ Berjaya Time Square
Means they change the whole LCD? Any other problems after that?
silverwave
post Apr 10 2017, 11:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,050 posts

QUOTE(Ashroft98 @ Mar 19 2017, 08:41 PM)

Thanks!!
Let us know the update.

I think my laptop has a small stain as well. Just wondering if it's worth waiting longer or I should send in earlier.
magiclover0716
post Apr 11 2017, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

mine was a 2013 MBP, had a staingate issue. Brought to Service Centre near MidValley and they changed it for free even though my MBP was out of warranty
soitsuagain
post Apr 11 2017, 08:41 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

Yes staingate can change for free. As long as within 4 years of date of purchase. Anyway, replacing new screens doesn't mean it won't happen on future screens. I kinda hope they fixed it on 2016 MBP already.

westlife
post Apr 20 2017, 12:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(soitsuagain @ Apr 11 2017, 08:41 PM)
Yes staingate can change for free. As long as within 4 years of date of purchase. Anyway, replacing new screens doesn't mean it won't happen on future screens. I kinda hope they fixed it on 2016 MBP already.
even if no applecare, can change also rite?
NoKusshon
post Apr 20 2017, 01:09 PM

Knowledge is Everything. Well Yeah.
1,391 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Apr 20 2017, 12:54 PM)
Yes. I done it before, no applecare & out of warranty smile.gif
soitsuagain
post Apr 20 2017, 04:42 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Apr 20 2017, 12:54 PM)
Yup, but to be safe best replace within 4 years of purchase. I have a little bit of staingate but I am in no hurry since new screens don't guarantee the problems will go away.

Btw, I hope its got nothing to do with ur new 2016 MBP...

I have read somewhere that the staingate issue is partly cause by the heat radiating out so nowadays I have been extending my screen all the way back except for video conferencing. However no idea is true or false...but I have been wiping the screen with a slightly damp cloth instead of a dry cloth and haven't seen any new stains appearing...
westlife
post Apr 20 2017, 05:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(soitsuagain @ Apr 20 2017, 04:42 PM)
Yup, but to be safe best replace within 4 years of purchase. I have a little bit of staingate but I am in no hurry since new screens don't guarantee the problems will go away.

Btw, I hope its got nothing to do with ur new 2016 MBP...

I have read somewhere that the staingate issue is partly cause by the heat radiating out so nowadays I have been extending my screen all the way back except for video conferencing. However no idea is true or false...but I have been wiping the screen with a slightly damp cloth instead of a dry cloth and haven't seen any new stains appearing...
No. I think it is a common problem. No matter it will happen no matter how u take care of it.

It is product defect.

It is not happened to my 2016 MB but it happened to my friend's 2015 MBP.
Hyun D
post Apr 25 2017, 11:39 AM

37 posts

I own a MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015.

Yes I notice there is some anti-reflective peeling around the centre of the screen where the key F & J located. I contact apple and they say it can be fixed free of charge regardless of the severity of the peeling.I haven't bring it to any apple service provider yet ? blink.gif

By the way for my case the peeling is barely noticeable ( only visible if look closely)
So anyone out there had their screen fixed ? Any advice ? How long it takes ? confused.gif

By the way new Mac user here, feels kinda disappointed about the quality issue, hope it can be fixed ?
Any advice will be much appreciated !!! nod.gif thank you !
persona93
post May 19 2017, 10:40 AM

Regular
1,164 posts

this was mine last time

user posted image

i brought it to the SC opposite MV, they replaced it for free under the Staingate program

took about 2 weeks
westlife
post May 19 2017, 02:51 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(Hyun D @ Apr 25 2017, 11:39 AM)
I own a MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015.

Yes I notice there is some anti-reflective peeling around the centre of the screen where the key F & J located. I contact apple and they say it can be fixed free of charge regardless of the severity of the peeling.I haven't bring it to any apple service provider yet ?  blink.gif 

By the way for my case the peeling is barely noticeable ( only visible if look closely)
So anyone out there had their screen fixed ? Any advice ? How long it takes ?  confused.gif

By the way new Mac user here, feels kinda disappointed about the quality issue, hope it can be fixed ?
Any advice will be much appreciated !!!  nod.gif  thank you !
since it is free, it is better to get it fixed especially if ur current one is having any scratches or marks etc. u can get a new screen afterall for free.

westlife
post May 19 2017, 02:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

for a early 2015 macbook pro 13-inch, if buy now from apple online store, will it still have the same problem?
TSAshroft98
post May 24 2017, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ May 19 2017, 02:52 PM)
for a early 2015 macbook pro 13-inch, if buy now from apple online store, will it still have the same problem?
It depends. If you could check when it was manufactured, if its in mid 2016 and onwards,maybe you are not affected. Mine was manufactured August 2015 and bought it Feb 2016. Still a very happy user tho and im yet to send my mac for repair. Too much important work for now.
TSAshroft98
post Jul 25 2017, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

Hi guys sorry for bringing this all up and double post but i wonder does the free retina screen replacement programme is still available at Machines Repair Service Centre KLCC?

I chatted with Apple Support Chat guy and he said it might be accidental damage and not covered by the programme and also by applecare protection plan. Now got mad i bought applecare but not covered ranting.gif

so guys whoever that sent your macbook for successful free repairs to any apple authorise service center,
how do you guys assess this kind of damage on my mbp retina 13" 2015?

still viable for any free repair in any how?or maybe its NOT accidental damage? bought applecare maybe this is the time its useful?

need opinions as im going to send it to repair machines klcc tomorrow morning. helpppp cry.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
firdausbhari
post Jul 25 2017, 09:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,194 posts

QUOTE(Ashroft98 @ Jul 25 2017, 09:07 PM)
Hi guys sorry for bringing this all up and double post but i wonder does the free retina screen replacement programme is still available at Machines Repair Service Centre KLCC?

I chatted with Apple Support Chat guy and he said it might be accidental damage and not covered by the programme and also by applecare protection plan. Now got mad i bought applecare but not covered  ranting.gif

so guys whoever that sent your macbook for successful free repairs to any apple authorise service center,
how do you guys assess this kind of damage on my mbp retina 13" 2015?

still viable for any free repair in any how?or maybe its NOT accidental damage? bought applecare maybe this is the time its useful?

need opinions as im going to send it to repair machines klcc tomorrow morning. helpppp  cry.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
The stain gate replacement programme is eligible for any macbook pro retina 3 years after purchase date. Your screen suffered from stain gate for sure. If Machines wont accept your case, try go to QCD at Berjaya Times Square. I did my previous rmbp 15" mid 2014 for free. Even without apple care.

westlife
post Jul 26 2017, 08:25 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,311 posts

QUOTE(Ashroft98 @ May 24 2017, 05:13 PM)
It depends. If you could check when it was manufactured, if its in mid 2016 and onwards,maybe you are not affected. Mine was manufactured August 2015 and bought it Feb 2016. Still a very happy user tho and im yet to send my mac for repair. Too much important work for now.
Switched to 2017 MacBook Pro now. So no worries about the stain gate anymore. tongue.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:34 PM